Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverse foward motion

Options
  • 25-06-2012 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to find information on this method that was used in Coppola's Dracula (1992). They used it for the vampire brides and Lucy's movements into the coffin. I'm not sure if this is how they achieved it, but did they basically just get the actresses to move backwards and then the flip the footage to get the desired effect? So basically Sadie Frost, who plays Lucy, moved out of the coffin and they reversed it so it looks like she's going back in when Van Helsing uses the cross on her? Is there any material I should read up on for getting the most out of this effect because it was really cool in Dracula, it gave the vampires a very unnatural otherworldly appearance.

Comments

Advertisement