Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online International Payments

Options
  • 25-06-2012 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

I was looking into setting up an international payee online and it turns out that there is no way to add a reference number to an international payee - I have conformed this with online 365.

This is an issue for me as the payee is a company credit card that requires the card number to be added in the reference field. The only option I have to pay this electronically is using direct debit which I'd rather not do (for legitimate reasons). This means that to pay the bill requires a visit to a branch and an additional cost.

While I understand that, given the current carry on with Ulster Bank, BoI will be reluctant to change anything, surely this is an oversight?

Can you pass on the suggestion that a field where a reference number can be added to an international payee be added to the online banking system to whatever department is responsible for handling change suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi delos,

Thanks for your query. While you can't include a reference number when you're adding the international beneficiary, when you're making the actual transfer you'll be given the option to add a "Message on Payee's Statement". This message can be used to include a reference number and can be changed each time you make a transfer.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a go with a small amount and see if it works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NextDoorToBram

Hi Graham,

Probably on the wrong thread. On a domestic transfer to a payee in Banking 365, is there a way I can change the 'reference' each time I make a transfer payment. The account in question requires that I reference their Invoice number each time I make a payment to their account.

I tested it out and it appears I can only have 1 specific reference at the time of setting up the new payee account. When I go to make a payment to the account there is only the 'account to pay' and 'amount to pay' for me to select. Hope I don't sound confusing.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi NextDoorToBram,

Thanks for your post. It isn't currently possible to change the reference for each payment. If you are required to include the invoice number as the reference each time you make a payment you will need to delete and then re-setup the beneficiary again.

This issue has been brought to our attention previously and we've passed it on to the 365Online team. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 8 NextDoorToBram

Thanks anyway Pat, I'll try that. My business is having trouble getting a Debit card on our business account because it is 'downgraded' and we find using cheques a bit of a pain, so we thought using EFT out of our business account would be handier. Its not easy...

• Advertisement
Advertisement