Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asked to buy an e-cig

• 25-06-2012 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

I need a little help please !

The other half wants to give up smoking and has asked to find him an e-cig, he smokes up to 40 Silk siliver. I need to get an e-cig that "lights up" when a drag is taken and blow out "smoke" !

I have looked at some of the sites but to be honest I am unsure and a little confused as to which one I should get.

Any advise kindly appreciated!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i assume he wants one that looks like an actual cigarette?
    tell him they're not great, performance wise they're a little weak but passable I guess but in terms of battery life they're dire.

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT
    with one of these http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Categories/Drip_Tips

is what i'd reccomend. probably a bit bigger than he was looking for but it'll have the performance and the battery will last all day before needing to be recharged, probably more than that

it doesn really matter what brand he used to smoke, you wont find a juice that tastes like a particular brand of cigarettes. juices are the hardest part, its hard to know what someone will like but the ry-c10 from that website is pretty nice. it might take a while before he finds a juice he loves so to start with its best to buy small 10ml bottles of a few flavours and just experiment with them, at least that way if he ends up hating it he only spent a few quid on 10ml and it's not the biggest loss.

--edit

oh
    and he'll probably want to go for an 18mg strength juice
    maybe get one 10ml bottle a bit higher or one a bit lower.. it's hard to know really. I had a friend who smoked 20+ carrols a day, got him some 18mg juice and after a week he'd dropped down to 12's as he found the 18mg too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Another option, if he wants a cigarette size device with good performance is the Innokin AIO . Got one of these myself a few months back, and still use it when heading out for a jar, small, good performance and handy.

The kit comes with a case that'll fit a battery and three cartomizers. It'll also charge your batteries aswell, so it kinda negates the lower battery capacity of the actual ecig. 15% Discount Code - ECR69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

I would agree with Sir Digby on the E-cig suggestion but I would say if he is smoking 40 silk cut a day then 18mg liquid would be too high, I was a 40 a day Marlboro Gold or Benson & Hedges and I use 18mg so I think 12mg would be perfect.

My 2 cents about liquid, Make sure you order a menthol flavour, while I would never have smoked a menthol cig I use it as my all day vape and don't bother about other liquids now. Its very hard to get one that right but I think almost everyone has tried some kind of menthol and found them to be ok.

Advertisement