Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meeting People

• 25-06-2012 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am sure this thread has been posted numerous times but I couldn't find anything more recent up to 6 months.

I've just recently moved to Ireland/Dublin and am looking for ways apart from the pub to meet people. I unfortunately don't work with people around my own age and I'm finding it kind of difficult to make friends.

I've joined the gym near the Jervis centre but needless to say that's not the best place to meet people either.

Any suggestions? I'm looking into joining a sports team but this also seems to be a bit of a task.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

probably best posting this in the dublin forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bonus_Pack

You could join your nearest toast masters. Thats more conductive to striking up conversations than some gym or sportsfield where everyone is half out of breath. Or come along to the next boards.ie meet-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

alright great.. if I can find it.. haha
    FatherLen wrote: »
    probably best posting this in the dublin forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Sided wrote: »

try any of these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Dublin City is here...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=474

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Just flash a bit of leg ... you'll be swamped with "nice" lads who want to "talk to you"

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

Just flash a bit of leg ... you'll be swamped with "nice" lads who want to "talk to you"

.... Thanks for the advice. I said friends, not 'lads'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

.... Thanks for the advice. I said friends, not 'lads'.

Dont be hating on girl who like girls, everybody needs hugs, even friends ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As said, use the local forum linked to above.
    There is probably a few threads there already with social events and other ways to meet new people.
    Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement