Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Express 30MB issues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi Soerienip

35Db is generally the downstream channel and overall seems to be the average for Metro connections, which in theory should give very good download speeds. However there seems to be issues with the Drogheda Base Station that really needs to be addressed and sooner rather than later, as fibre services are now being shown as available there.

As for your modem you have the older model that Digiweb no longer supply or probally support. They are now supplying the TWG 870 DOCSIS 3.0 wifi modem/router and I would suggest that you get them to send one to you. You will however have to self install it and get them to activate it. This may improve speeds for you???

In my own case I received an email yesterday from Sinead in support informing me the issue at my base station (Naas) had been resolved. Mind you I had to email her looking for an update but overall I found her to be very responsive when I raised my original issue re: speeds. She asked me to check when I got home and when I did they were back to where they were originally

2769539800.png2769451620.png

Regards

Thanks for the reply and aye figured as much (old modem and downstream). Will get onto them now and ask for the new model.
    But nice to hear that they can get something right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Worried!!

I've had an issue in Drogheda also on the Metro service, where download speed is measuring at less the 1Mb in the evening time with pings upwards of 500ms. After 11pm each evening for the last 2 weeks, pings and download speeds are up to their normal pace (<50ms and download +20Mb/s).

Spoken with Digiweb today who informed me that there is an issue with contention in Drogheda and should be sorted by the end of the month, where additional bandwith is being issued from the base station(s).

Right, got the TWG 870. No difference whatsoever. And I should say that the connection is actually getting worse and worse.
    Now I am having timeout etc during the normal working hours as well.

From my side I will give them until the end of June, and if there is no difference they can come and take the equipment. Sick of it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Cork981

i have metro since October in cork, the last few weeks speeds have being poor and the phone service is constantly cutting out, we've being complaining about this since April but have now cancelled our service and ordered efiber with Eircom.

They want 127 cancellation fee which i am willing to pay but not sure if I should be paying it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 paddyc310

Changed back to eircom room digiweb about. 6mts ago eircom rep called and got my son to change Not as good a deal as promised said eircom would look after change over now have got collection company sending me solicitor s letter to collect 134euro think Iowenothing as it was paid by direct debit. Got no bill from digiweb anybody have any advice think I will ignore 7day notice hope someone can help thanks

• Advertisement

From their website
    "As per terms and conditions we require 30 days notice in writing (letter, email or fax) for all cancellations. Once your cancellation has been processed someone from our Installations team will be in contact to arrange collection of our equipment.

Please note if you are cancelling within contract termination fee's will be appled as per terms and conditions. "

If you are cancelling within the contract I am afraid you will have to pay it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

paddyc310 wrote: »
    Changed back to eircom room digiweb about. 6mts ago eircom rep called and got my son to change Not as good a deal as promised said eircom would look after change over now have got collection company sending me solicitor s letter to collect 134euro think Iowenothing as it was paid by direct debit. Got no bill from digiweb anybody have any advice think I will ignore 7day notice hope someone can help thanks

Hi
    If you move from Eircom to another supplier you have to give them 30 days notice of cancellation. I suspect this also applies to Digiweb as well as other ISP's as it seems even though other suppliers claim they do the transfer for you they actually don't. They just port your telephone number and seem to leave the rest to you. So sadly I agree with Soerenip. You could end up having to pay the cancellation fee after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

I am in drogheda too and finding service crap at moment, forget about youtube it just keeps stopping and freezing all the time no matter how good the speed is

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2784354103.png
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2784360135.png
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/2784363309.png

I think the dial up connection I had in the late 90`s was better than this crap!

30mg metro express the only thing fast about it is your money leaving your account!

Again they say they will be fixing this over the next couple of weeks.

Personally if this is not sorted by July 1st, I am cancelling. Sadly I am in an area of Drogheda where Eircom fibre is not enabled yet. Would have jumped on that if that was the case.

• Advertisement

Update on the Drogheda situation.

Got a call from Sinead, and was told that the equipment is in place. It is however not configured yet and she has no timescale on when it will be done. She basically said "I don't want to lie to you and tell you it will be done in the next week".

I'm out.

Soerenlp wrote: »
    Update on the Drogheda situation.

Got a call from Sinead, and was told that the equipment is in place. It is however not configured yet and she has no timescale on when it will be done. She basically said "I don't want to lie to you and tell you it will be done in the next week".

I'm out.

Hi Soerenip

At least Sinead came back to you. I can say that she is one of the better technical support people there that is prepared to go into a little more detail with regards to what is happening.. She will also contact you to let you know the work is done. She was the one who dealt with me when there was issues with the Naas base station and also did a follow up to ensure that the service is to my satisfaction. So I'd say give her the benefit of the doubt for the next week or two and email her ni the next week to follow up on her call.

Regards.

Aye Sinead is nice alright.

My problem is that I need the connection working 100% or I cant work at all. I might just wait and see. Going away on holidays at the beginning of July so with a bit of luck everything is working perfect by the time I come back.
    Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

im in drogeda myself, when the installer was installing he said himself that the contention ratio in the town is very high and that the town was due for a new or upgraded base station.

ive too have been onto support and promised that all will b fixed by the end of june, its the 30th june now, looks like thats a broken promise as usual

my stats are

Downstream Channels
    6.8 dBmV36.4 dB

Upstream Channels
    30.2 dBmV

ive constant time outs on all sorts of websites the last few weeks and streaming video's works when it wants, but when it does it loads the video fairly fast. fastest download speed ive seen the last few weeks is around 1.2mbps and all speed tests are quite poor for a 30mb package

heres a list of tests ive done in past days, as you can see they are quite poor compared to what i used to get

6or.png

something has to be wrong with your set up, im connected to the same base station (the top of lourdes hospital) and im currently receiving this

irish server
    2806451798.png

Uk server
    2806454041.png

whats your connection stats on the modem? both downstream and upstream and what symbol rate's are u synced up at?

dazdrog wrote: »
    something has to be wrong with your set up, im connected to the same base station (the top of lourdes hospital) and im currently receiving this

irish server
    2806451798.png

Uk server
    2806454041.png

whats your connection stats on the modem? both downstream and upstream and what symbol rate's are u synced up at?

I am about 800mtrs as the crow flys from the hospital, I will have a look at my up/downstream :confused:

I am about 800mtrs as the crow flys from the hospital, I will have a look at my up/downstream :confused:
    and im about a 1000 meter's from it

you doing your speedtest's thru wired or wireless? this does make a differnce as ALL speedtests should be wired direct to modem

what modem are you using also? the older blue/gray one, or the newer blue/white one?

to get your stats go to this addy 192.168.0.1 user name gets left blank and password is admin

now when page opens you want to click on connection on the left hand side you'll then see down/upstream details there

also click on initial scan and tell me what your details are there the info im looking for are Initial DS Frequency and Upstream Channel ID

this way we will know if we are on same base station ;)

and im about a 1000 meter's from it

you doing your speedtest's thru wired or wireless? this does make a differnce as ALL speedtests should be wired direct to modem

what modem are you using also? the older blue/gray one, or the newer blue/white one?

I have the new white one (thompson)and I am testing wired

read up. i had just edited my post as you replied

• Advertisement

just off the phone with digiweb support, getting told the same thing for drogheda, all equipment is in place and they are waitin on tech to do something with it to bring it live but takes time as they need permissions bla blaa blaaaaaa

Still no timescale on when this will be fixed if ever tbh, also had the tech trying to swap me for free to digiwebs way overpriced version of eircoms VDSL to what i promptly refused and told him if i was to do so it would be with eircom theirself or vodafone as they are a lot cheaper for the same thing

just off the phone with digiweb support, getting told the same thing for drogheda, all equipment is in place and they are waitin on tech to do something with it to bring it live but takes time as they need permissions bla blaa blaaaaaa

Still no timescale on when this will be fixed if ever tbh, also had the tech trying to swap me for free to digiwebs way overpriced version of eircoms VDSL to what i promptly refused and told him if i was to do so it would be with eircom theirself or vodafone as they are a lot cheaper for the same thing

Hi

I am beginning to think they may be planning to do what they did in Mullingar by turning off the base station and concentrating their efforts on fibre (VDSL) but then again I could be wrong. It seems they keep making excuses that just seem not to add up. As I mentioned in a previous posting I found Sinead from tech support to be more willing to update me when I had an issue with the Naas base station. So it might be worth contacting her.

I was told by Eircom that VDSL will be in my part of town during the next month or so. Swapping over as soon as I can personally.
    Dont see any reason to stay with digiweb whatsoever.

I was told by Eircom that VDSL will be in my part of town during the next month or so. Swapping over as soon as I can personally.
    Dont see any reason to stay with digiweb whatsoever.

I agree. I can also see others following your lead too, certainly if the base station isin't sorted within that time. However if Magnet comes available they might be a better option than Eircom, as there seems to be good feedback about their services generally.

Regards

Oh the joys of dealing with Eircom again.

Made the order on the 24th. Was given an install date of the 2nd of Aug between 9:30 and 12:30.
    Nobody showed up, no calls. nothing..

Called them up, complained and was given a new install date of the 12th.
    Take a guess..
    Nobody showed up, no calls. nothing.

Called up business support and was told it had been cancelled and rescheduled to the 14th. (Again, heard nothing about this)
    Oh but sorry, the 14th was cancelled as well.

Guess I should have known better than to go back to Eircom. A leopard cannot change its spots.

Oh the joys of dealing with Eircom again.

Made the order on the 24th. Was given an install date of the 2nd of Aug between 9:30 and 12:30.
    Nobody showed up, no calls. nothing..

Called them up, complained and was given a new install date of the 12th.
    Take a guess..
    Nobody showed up, no calls. nothing.

Called up business support and was told it had been cancelled and rescheduled to the 14th. (Again, heard nothing about this)
    Oh but sorry, the 14th was cancelled as well.

Guess I should have known better than to go back to Eircom. A leopard cannot change its spots.

So are you still with Digiweb and if so has there been any progress with the Drogheda mast?

Nope, still the same. No changes.

nope its still bad in drogheda, i ordered magnet 70mb fatpipe today so tbh f**k them

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2896548706

nope its still bad in drogheda, i ordered magnet 70mb fatpipe today so tbh f**k them

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/2896548706

Hi

Good choice. Magnet it seems are the better option when it comes to fibre. When are you hoping to have it up and running?

As for me I have been in contact with UPC but I have to wait for new cable to be installed in my part of Naas first. Once done I too will jump ship. €52 for fibre power 150Mb and anytime world phone will be well worth it.

• Advertisement

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi

Good choice. Magnet it seems are the better option when it comes to fibre. When are you hoping to have it up and running?

As for me I have been in contact with UPC but I have to wait for new cable to be installed in my part of Naas first. Once done I too will jump ship. €52 for fibre power 150Mb and anytime world phone will be well worth it.

well i ordered it yesterday and at qtr to 9 this morning the postman woke me up with a package from magnet, have the modem here now and boy is it locked down to bits.

have still had no contact from magnet at all about set up dates or anything like it, i still need the eircom plate in the hall replaced too

so i think ill give them a ring tomorrow and see what they have to say

Advertisement