Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro Express 30MB issues

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SnipSnop

Oh and just to show how utter c*ap the digiweb connection is :
    85020529.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Soerenlp wrote: »
    Oh and just to show how utter c*ap the digiweb connection is :
    85020529.png

Hi Soerenip

That image looks all too familiar to me. It seems you may have the firewall on the TWG 870 switched on. I have found that pingtest.net will not work properly while it is on. So I switched it off and the packet loss was zero with an "A" line quality. Try it on yours and see what happens.

But as I mentioned in an earlier post I am currently in contact with UPC here in Naas and when/if they can get cable to me I will be switching. Their transfer rates more reflect the speeds UPC are offering where as with Metro speedtest.net may show 29Mb down but my transfer rate usually would not exceed 2Mb/sec, which actually means a DL speed of 16Mb approx.

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭dazdrog

yeah ive noticed that before too, do a speedtest and it says 28-29mb, try a direct download and you get around 2mbs when it should be closer to 3-3.5mbs.

download speeds mean **** anyway when you have a network thats very unstable and cant even hold a connection with itself.

have you never seen the way a speedtest goes when its running? spiking up and down none stop between the test is running, this should be nice and stable, not the way it runs on digiweb

cunnijo wrote: »
    Hi Soerenip

That image looks all too familiar to me. It seems you may have the firewall on the TWG 870 switched on. I have found that pingtest.net will not work properly while it is on. So I switched it off and the packet loss was zero with an "A" line quality. Try it on yours and see what happens.

But as I mentioned in an earlier post I am currently in contact with UPC here in Naas and when/if they can get cable to me I will be switching. Their transfer rates more reflect the speeds UPC are offering where as with Metro speedtest.net may show 29Mb down but my transfer rate usually would not exceed 2Mb/sec, which actually means a DL speed of 16Mb approx.

Regards

Ahha. nice thinking. Thought I had disabled everything (Only use it in bridge mode), but there you go.
    250/250 now.. Connection still sucks eggs though.

dazdrog wrote: »
    yeah ive noticed that before too, do a speedtest and it says 28-29mb, try a direct download and you get around 2mbs when it should be closer to 3-3.5mbs.

download speeds mean **** anyway when you have a network thats very unstable and cant even hold a connection with itself.

have you never seen the way a speedtest goes when its running? spiking up and down none stop between the test is running, this should be nice and stable, not the way it runs on digiweb

Exactly the same here mate. Pile of stinking ....

• Advertisement

Soerenlp wrote: »
    Exactly the same here mate. Pile of stinking ....

this is the highlight of my connection this week

2899976457.png

while this is what its normally more like

2891352491.png

overall its the bestest 30mb connection ive ever not seen

Dazdrog

This is one of the main reasons why I am currently hoping to get UPC (should have done sooner) As I mentioned their transfer rates are more realistic and reflect the speeds they offer and Speedtest.net does not seem to spike with them either (have UPC here in the office)

Soerenip

You mention you are waiting on Eircom eFibre to be connected if not done already. It will be interesting to see how it works out when you're up and running. Give me some feedback on speeds, transfer rates, etc. It will be interesting to see how it fares out.

Regards

ive just sent a mail to magnet about connection dates and so on, so ill fill ya's in when i know myself, cant wait test the 2 connections, as ill still have digiweb until the end of the month

install date is the 21st aug so ill let ya's know how it goes then :D

install date is the 21st aug so ill let ya's know how it goes then :D

all went ahead fine, am well happy

Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 9.3 dB / 9.1 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.6 dBm

2914574102.png

• Advertisement

all went ahead fine, am well happy

Line Rate (Down / Up) 50174 Kbps / 20478 Kbps
    Noise Margin (Down / Up) 9.3 dB / 9.1 dB
    Attenuation (Down / Up) 14.2 dB / 5.2 dB
    Power (Down / Up) 12.4 dBm / 1.6 dBm

2914574102.png

Hi dazdrog. You must be a bit of a distance from the fibre cabinet to get a max of 50Mb on your line especially when Magnet claim to offer 70Mb. Never the less this is a mass improvement on the Metro connection and long may it continue. Out of curiousity what is the transfer rate for downloading something.

Still no joy with UPC here in Naas and fibre is not coming to the area until year end according to Eircom. So stuck with Metro until then at least. However luckily I did not experience the issues you had with the Drogheda mast with the Naas one. If I ever had Sinead would be my contact there and it would be sorted.

Happy surfing

Hi dazdrog. You must be a bit of a distance from the fibre cabinet to get a max of 50Mb on your line especially when Magnet claim to offer 70Mb. Never the less this is a mass improvement on the Metro connection and long may it continue. Out of curiousity what is the transfer rate for downloading something.

Still no joy with UPC here in Naas and fibre is not coming to the area until year end according to Eircom. So stuck with Metro until then at least. However luckily I did not experience the issues you had with the Drogheda mast with the Naas one. If I ever had Sinead would be my contact there and it would be sorted.

Happy surfing

600meters from cab on google maps, just after seeing my steam download peak at 6.7mb, its leveled out now tho and is running around 5.5-6.0

600meters from cab on google maps, just after seeing my steam download peak at 6.7mb, its leveled out now tho and is running around 5.5-6.0

Looking at those rates your download speed is actually higher than the Speedtest result. Your peak of 6.7Mb/sec equates to 53.6Mb approx. Impressive!

Looking at those rates your download speed is actually higher than the Speedtest result. Your peak of 6.7Mb/sec equates to 53.6Mb approx. Impressive!

yup im well happy with it, the real test will be when i upload something, cant wait to see how quick that goes :D

now if only i could do something to access this locked down router, i cant even forward ports, tbh i cant do anything with it, not even change the ssid

You mention you are waiting on Eircom eFibre to be connected if not done already. It will be interesting to see how it works out when you're up and running. Give me some feedback on speeds, transfer rates, etc. It will be interesting to see how it fares out.
    Regards

Well. After one month since I ordered it, I can finally say that I just given up.
    The last 3 install dates were cancelled without contacting me.
    Rang up today to complain yet again and was now told that "efibre is not available in your area yet".

face+palm

Looks like I will be stuck with digiweb for a while yet sadly.

Advertisement