Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one stop self build camper shop??

• 25-06-2012 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of converting a high roof vivaro into a camper so will need pretty much everything. instead of going to numerious different sources to try and get the best deal etc, what would be the best walk in shop in the dublin area to buy a bulk load of parts in the one go and be looked after on the price?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Charles Camping in Blessington has a number of stuff in the shop but moreso aimed at caravaners.

Another option is:
    http://www.campingcrazyireland.com

Never went to their shop but have ordered online off them before. Cosy Classics and Greendogcampers are two conversion companies that also offer parts but they don't have walk-in shops where you can browse products. I'm sure either of them would look after you though too if you were buying bulk.

http://www.charlescamping.ie/ ...expect to pay for the convenience of that one stop.
    Small items like jubilee clips, plugs, sockets, cable, gas connectors, fans, etc. are ludacrisly expensive.
    Resonable for essentials like 12v fridge/cookers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Balladeer

maynooth motorhomes have a new shop with a good stock of most of the stuff you might need... but more importantly they know what they are at... their advice is prob worth the trip alone if your on a self build.. ask for ger or pat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭reelkidmusic

As mentioned earlier, you will pay for the convenience of the one stop shop but you should keep an eye on adverts.ie, donedeal and eBay. There are some good deals coming up on second hand items.

I am also in the early stages of my first conversion. There is a lot more choice from shops in the UK but the euro is getting weak and can end up more expensive. If you have an address you can use in the north, you will make some savings also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sir_pete

thanks guys... prob going to do the rounds on saturday and see what i can get my hands on.. the main things i was looking to pick up in bulk woulf be the cooker/sink combo and fridge. was hoping to get the swivel seats aswel but I am getting mentle quotes for the vivaro...
    TBH I like to keep the money in the country and I am worse than a child at christmas waiting on stuff to be delievered which are the main reasons I want to try get a local store to visit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 boardsiebob

Few years ago I ordered from LeisureShopDirect uk and CAK tanks.
    Bad dealings with CAK tanks (charged higher price on credit card).
    LeisureShopDirect was cheapest with the Seitz windows (which can be the single most expensive item you buy for the van).
    worthwhile...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

sir_pete wrote: »
    thanks guys... prob going to do the rounds on saturday and see what i can get my hands on.. the main things i was looking to pick up in bulk woulf be the cooker/sink combo and fridge. was hoping to get the swivel seats aswel but I am getting mentle quotes for the vivaro...
    TBH I like to keep the money in the country and I am worse than a child at christmas waiting on stuff to be delievered which are the main reasons I want to try get a local store to visit.

Definitely worth getting a compressor fridge, the waeco compressors will run for days on battery and you don't need the extra gas connection and flue restrictions which makes locating it more flexible.

Advertisement