Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do the Borough teams not surport the county board events

• 25-06-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Lads just wondering why the lads in the borough league dont enter Dublin county events even when they are held in their own neck of the woods ie the event in the Silver Tassie on Saturday gone 4 borough players is all that showed up are they afraid of losing cause that what it looks like

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 THE GRASS

tumbler wrote: »
    Lads just wondering why the lads in the borough league dont enter Dublin county events even when they are held in their own neck of the woods ie the event in the Silver Tassie on Saturday gone 4 borough players is all that showed up are they afraid of losing cause that what it looks like
    THERE WAS 8 PLAYERS FROM THE BOROUGH LEAGUE THERE BUT U ARE PROBABLY RITE WITH THEM NOT WANTING TO LOSE CAUSE THEY WOULD ALL SHOW UP IF IT WAS RESTRICTED TO BOROUGH ONLY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

Seeing as you are asking questions, why dont the Dublin county board honour advertised pay outs?

Maybe when you find the answer to that you might have the answer to your original question

DUBLIN COUNTY DART ORGANISATION
    EVENT GUIDE 2012
    23 June Silver tassie South Dublin Open prize fund e1000

So who is going to believe the rest of the advertised pay outs on the original poster. Any player turning up to these events wants there heads tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

Dicie wrote: »
    So who is going to believe the rest of the advertised pay outs on the original poster. Any player turning up to these events wants there heads tested.
    I have gone on this site many time listened to borough lads moaning they never get a look in on the county team they dont show up at events and dont forget your league returned 120 of the 120 tickets your conty board member got from the county board unsold so dont talk about prize money when you do nothing to raise it dont know why you should have a county board member when you do nothing to merit one

I have gone on this site many time listened to borough lads moaning they never get a look in on the county team they dont show up at events and dont forget your league returned 120 of the 120 tickets your conty board member got from the county board unsold so dont talk about prize money when you do nothing to raise it dont know why you should have a county board member when you do nothing to merit one

Sorry, shall i repeat this again for you.

Why advertise prize money and then dont pay it out? Btw, you are not speaking to a member of the borough league here im afraid, so wether they sold tickets or not has no bearing on this.

Why wasnt the €1,000 honoured?

• Advertisement

Sorry, shall i repeat this again for you.

Why advertise prize money and then dont pay it out? Btw, you are not speaking to a member of the borough league here im afraid, so wether they sold tickets or not has no bearing on this.

Why wasnt the €1,000 honoured?
    Has a major bearing on this plus from what Im told 30 odd of the lads out in the borough claimed they would be at the event so Im sure thats why they advertised the prize money but as normal your lads bottled it and to be straight about it the lads on the county board should have expected that somethings dont change

Has a major bearing on this plus from what Im told 30 odd of the lads out in the borough claimed they would be at the event so Im sure thats why they advertised the prize money but as normal your lads bottled it and to be straight about it the lads on the county board should have expected that somethings dont change

How are they my lads?

Do you struggle with the written word? I DO NOT PLAY IN THE BOROUGH, I DO NOT LIVE IN THE BOROUGH. Seems simple enough to grasp.

Message, for you and for the county board,

Honour your word and people will play.

How are they my lads?

Do you struggle with the written word? I DO NOT PLAY IN THE BOROUGH, I DO NOT LIVE IN THE BOROUGH. Seems simple enough to grasp.

Message, for you and for the county board,

Honour your word and people will play.
    Thats strange you dont live or play in the borough yet most of the lads that follow the borough thead seem to know you maybe the lads out there should stay in thier little bubble and keep thinking you can throw darts

Thats strange you dont live or play in the borough yet most of the lads that follow the borough thead seem to know you maybe the lads out there should stay in thier little bubble and keep thinking you can throw darts

Of course a few of them know me. Alot of people have had the pleasure of my company in the past, it doesnt mean i live or play in the borough.

Wether you think the lads outt there can or cant play, thats between you and them. My point and question remains, and still unanswered,

why wasnt the advertised prize money honoured?

Of course a few of them know me. Alot of people have had the pleasure of my company in the past, it doesnt mean i live or play in the borough.

Wether you think the lads outt there can or cant play, thats between you and them. My point and question remains, and still unanswered,

why wasnt the advertised prize money honoured?
    Cant answer your question regarding the prize money Im sure it has something to do with the amount of people who showed up and yes it was a stupid thing to do to advertise prize money and not pay it out I cant see anymore events been held out there if the local lads dont go to them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

Were was it advertised i didnt see it on here im not on facebook i only heard it was a defo on friday and that was to late for me to change work hours id say thats why so few turned up from the bourgh they found out to late i would have liked to play as i havent had agame for a few weeks

Cant answer your question regarding the prize money Im sure it has something to do with the amount of people who showed up and yes it was a stupid thing to do to advertise prize money and not pay it out I cant see anymore events been held out there if the local lads dont go to them

Where was the comp advertised? Wasnt advertised in the few pubs my family drink in in the Borough?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I play in the Borough and usually go to all Dublin Open events as well as many others but I couldn't make it on Saturday.

Tbh I don't understand why more Borough players don't go to events but each person is different and has their reasons, it's an individuals choice and has nothing to do with what league they play in.

Where was the comp advertised? Wasnt advertised in the few pubs my family drink in in the Borough?
    Not sure where I heard about it weeks ago off a lad thats sits on the county board and plays in the borough league Im sure if he told me and he sits on the NCDL im sure the lad from the borough on the county board might be able to answer that one or any other of the county boards members looks like it was short notice one way or the other

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I play in the Borough and usually go to all Dublin Open events as well as many others but I couldn't make it on Saturday.

Tbh I don't understand why more Borough players don't go to events but each person is different and has their reasons, it's an individuals choice and has nothing to do with what league they play in.
    When something is played on your door step its hard to understand why so many locals didnt attend I know some lads work on saturdays and the way things are at the moment nobody will turn down a days work but the borough league is a big enough league to have more then a hand full of lads bothering to show up and the down side to that is the ones who do show up suffer when the events are cancelled or moved out of the borough due to poor turn outs by locals cant see the one in sallynoggin going ahead now after saturdays poor showing anybody with half a brain can see that

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

Kingp35 wrote: »

When something is played on your door step its hard to understand why so many locals didnt attend I know some lads work on saturdays and the way things are at the moment nobody will turn down a days work but the borough league is a big enough league to have more then a hand full of lads bothering to show up and the down side to that is the ones who do show up suffer when the events are cancelled or moved out of the borough due to poor turn outs by locals cant see the one in sallynoggin going ahead now after saturdays poor showing anybody with half a brain can see that
    A lot of lads i think are like myself and when the league has just ended they want a break.
    Plus there are a lot of local comps at the moment so money is an issue and as you said work and family commitments come into it too.
    But for you to come on amd judge lads darts is a bit of a joke a lot play for the social side not the competetive side of the game.

wayne76 wrote: »
    A lot of lads i think are like myself and when the league has just ended they want a break.
    Plus there are a lot of local comps at the moment so money is an issue and as you said work and family commitments come into it too.
    But for you to come on amd judge lads darts is a bit of a joke a lot play for the social side not the competetive side of the game.
    Well if a event is played on your door step and you dont bother showing up after moaning that no county compo's are played in the borough what do you expect people to think when the locals dont show up to prove people wrong it makes people think the standard of darts in the local league must be very poor when this events are run to try pick players to play for their county

Well if a event is played on your door step and you dont bother showing up after moaning that no county compo's are played in the borough what do you expect people to think when the locals dont show up to prove people wrong it makes people think the standard of darts in the local league must be very poor when this events are run to try pick players to play for their county

Advertised for a 12-30 start, first darts thrown at 2 o clock, advertised as 1 grand prize money, not honoured, Dublin county board hardly a shinning light to use as any example for anything.

How about this one.

Picking players for the county team that hadnt played in county trials?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 thatsbingo

Advertised for a 12-30 start, first darts thrown at 2 o clock, advertised as 1 grand prize money, not honoured, Dublin county board hardly a shinning light to use as any example for anything.

How about this one.

Picking players for the county team that hadnt played in county trials?
    Anybody that throws darts at any half decent level knows the reason borough players dont make the county team is simple the standard of darts in thier leagues is crap

thatsbingo wrote: »
    Anybody that throws darts at any half decent level knows the reason borough players dont make the county team is simple the standard of darts in thier leagues is crap

Would you care to address any of the questions iv asked, or is it just random statements you are here to make?

Why have the Dublin county board advertised a prizepool and not honoured it.
    What use is a county ranking trial when players that dont bother there arse to turn up get picked?
    Why state it will start at a certain time and near 2 hours after players are still waiting to play?

• Advertisement

Oh, for your information, but im sure this multiple already knows, players like Barrel Andrews and Shane Ryan were representing Dublin up until last yr, both adding to the team, and even by there own admission have stated they are not the best players in the league.

Would you care to address any of the questions iv asked, or is it just random statements you are here to make?

Why have the Dublin county board advertised a prizepool and not honoured it.
    What use is a county ranking trial when players that dont bother there arse to turn up get picked?
    Why state it will start at a certain time and near 2 hours after players are still waiting to play?
    A the prize fund should never have been announced before they seen what sort of entries they got B with a complete overhaul of the county board members wise its the first ranking event they have held so Im sure they wanted to see if there was an interest out in the borough in playing for dublin which their seems there isnt and C Im sure they were hoping some of the players out there might show up even if it was late given them a chance to have there corn flakes and brush their teeth

A the prize fund should never have been announced before they seen what sort of entries they got B with a complete overhaul of the county board members wise its the first ranking event they have held so Im sure they wanted to see if there was an interest out in the borough in playing for dublin which their seems there isnt and C Im sure they were hoping some of the players out there might show up even if it was late given them a chance to have there corn flakes and brush their teeth

Same faces running the event as was there last yr, and the yr before.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

wayne76 wrote: »
    I fail to see where all this moaning has taken place?????
    I know a lot of lads that have played with the dublin set up over the years who have had very good records with them but decide not to go back for various reasons ie team selection and so forth..
    i agree with you that the turn out was bad and most likely will always be that way as i just think a lot interest has waned in these over the years for one reason or another.

Oh, for your information, but im sure this multiple already knows, players like Barrel Andrews and Shane Ryan were representing Dublin up until last yr, both adding to the team, and even by there own admission have stated they are not the best players in the league.
    They had to play in the NCDL senior league in order for their darts to improve what does that tell you about the league you play in as I said very very bad

That proves you dont know what your talking about a new general sec 3 new people on the board and according to you the same people check out the fixture list for the county events and you will see the new names on it

In a prevous quote on a different thead (Abbi 180 ) you mentioned a certian Mr Byrne as been a good friend of yours and alday here you have been shafting him in his efforts to try and improve the dublin set up with friends like you any wonder the dublin county team cant do anything right glad its someone with a bit of loyality thats running the county set up and not back stabbers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 gerryfagan501

Gents instead of crying about the money not what was it was surpose to be would it not make more sence to get behind your county its hard enough having 25 countys against you without people in your own camp at it as well

They had to play in the NCDL senior league in order for their darts to improve what does that tell you about the league you play in as I said very very bad

Obviously you struggle with reading, as i DONT play in the borough league.

• Advertisement

In a prevous quote on a different thead (Abbi 180 ) you mentioned a certian Mr Byrne as been a good friend of yours and alday here you have been shafting him in his efforts to try and improve the dublin set up with friends like you any wonder the dublin county team cant do anything right glad its someone with a bit of loyality thats running the county set up and not back stabbers

Difference in being honest and stabbing someone in the back. As for being friends with Alan, iv drank in his company, i wouldnt class us as friends, but im not afraid to speak my mind, in person or on here. If something is wrong, iv no issues in saying so, and what has happened here has been wrong, still as yet not one of you who have tried to defend the county boards actions have given me a valid reason for the non payment of advertised prize money

That proves you dont know what your talking about a new general sec 3 new people on the board and according to you the same people check out the fixture list for the county events and you will see the new names on it

Tansey, Byrne, Barry.

2 of the 3 involved in running the last Dublin open i was at in the Tassie.

THE GRASS wrote: »
    I AM FROM THE BOROUGH DART LEAGUE AND PLAYED IN THE EVENT AND LAST FEW EVENTS THIS WAY THE OP (ORIGINAL POSTER)HAS A VALID POINT WE SHOULD BE SUPPORTING THESE EVENTS AND THE WHINGER (DICIE)IF IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH U Y GIVE A **** JUST **** STIRRING THE SAME 8 TO 10 LADS FROM THE BOROUGH WHO ENJOY THE CHALLENGE OF THESE OPENS BUT SADLY ARE NOT UP TO THE STANDARD AT THE MOMENT WILL KEEP TRYING AND WANT THESE EVENTS OUT THIS WAY DONT NEED SOMEONE ON HERE MAKING US LOOK BAD AND GIVE THEM REASONS NOT TO PLAY OUT THIS WAY AGAIN ITS BAD ENOUGH NOT GETTING A TURN OUT RANT OVER LOUGHED LOL NO HARD FEELINGS ONLY OPINION:cool::cool::cool::cool:

So you are entitled to an opinion, but im not. This was an "OPEN" which we were going to up until 8 o clock friday night, (having played in the last one, and travelled from cork to do so) so my opinion is as valid as anyones. As for the standard not being up to it, Borough league players are breaking down walls eerytime they decide to leave the borough to play, ask Mick Cummins, or John Quinn.

Now kindly, dont tell me that im sh it stirring, , its a forum for debate, and iv asked questions that need answering, but as yet you or no one else has given me a good enough reason why the cash wasnt paid out.

Heres another cracking own goal by the Dublin county board.

!

Clonmel team championships - Reigning champions Patriots team. Dublin county board have clashed with this also.

Yes, i see what some mean by the new forward thinking committee. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

so what ive gathered from this thread is
    a dublin open took place that wasnt advertised.
    no one turned up.
    it was ranked for dublin team trials??
    prize money wasnt payed out.
    borough league players are muck.
    you have to play ncdl to to be considered good.
    borough league players are muck (again).

Not everyone in the borough league wants to play at these events. Most of the lads just enjoy playing in the league on a monday/tuesday night and in the league singles and doubles. Not everyone in the league wants to be a pro!
    there's only a small group of us who dont mind travelling to competitions and usually some of the lads do quite well.

there's no point coming on here and slagging off our league, you take the patriots and georges 8 out of the ncdl and then there's no difference between the two leagues!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Love this but sorry to burst your bubble mate both myself self and shane where Picked to Play for Dublin before we signed for georges 8 and here is the killer it was my second year on the panel

• Advertisement

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    Love this but sorry to burst your bubble mate both myself self and shane where Picked to Play for Dublin before we signed for georges 8 and here is the killer it was my second year on the panel

Ahhhhhhhhhhh BingoBongo...............

mackeire wrote: »
    so what ive gathered from this thread is
    a dublin open took place that wasnt advertised.
    no one turned up.
    it was ranked for dublin team trials??
    prize money wasnt payed out.
    borough league players are muck. (iv spent many an enjoyable hour in the company of Andrews, Kings speech, billy matthews, Bullet, Lynch the horrible who re, PJ and others, far far from dirt)
    you have to play ncdl to to be considered good.
    borough league players are muck (again).

Not everyone in the borough league wants to play at these events. Most of the lads just enjoy playing in the league on a monday/tuesday night and in the league singles and doubles. Not everyone in the league wants to be a pro!
    there's only a small group of us who dont mind travelling to competitions and usually some of the lads do quite well.

there's no point coming on here and slagging off our league, you take the patriots and georges 8 out of the ncdl and the there's no difference between the two leagues!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

and to be perfectly honest there isn't much difference in the borough league and the NCDL having played on both.

In Answer to Dicie Question

Why Advertise Money and Not Pay Out:

This was bad but unfortunatly had to be done because of the numbers that entered because of 2 deciding factors them lot in Ulster Bank and The Stags Head Comp.

Why the Clashing With Other Tournaments.

I can Honestly Answer This i went out one Sunday to rep the DunLaoghaire Borough and this was in April And Dice Mate the Dates Were Decided There and then at the time no other comps where known about in my honest opinion.

But i can tell you's all one thing i'm not going to sit here and hear the league i play in been bashed by others.

If you have played in the borough and think its **** fair enough if you haven't you can't back up your claim their are plenty ot good quality players to name a few

BAKERS
    Shane Ryan
    Dan Boyce
    Gary Murphy
    David Peacock
    Angus Fleming

NOGGIN INN
    Mark Mulvaney
    Thomas Hennessy

IGO
    Wayne Colgan
    Gavin Merrigan

TASSIE A
    Gary Gregory
    Marc Ennis
    Mick Cummins
    Andy Poole
    Ben Prenter
    Peter Rowe
    Robbie Smith

LOUGH INN
    Billy Matthews
    Kevin O Callagahn
    Bullet
    Lar Bryan

This years winners and runners up are packed to the seams with quality Players.

and every team in it has some quality players and i'll back them all up 100% i may not have named them here but i know them all.

So feck off slagging off the Borough

We can't make everyone turn up but we will support the players that do.

If there was a bad turn out in Swords in a few weeks Will you's all Lash the NCDL for not supporting the county board.

One of two things a if the borough league are interested in county darts why return all the tickets you were given by the county board to anybody not on the county board it looks like you could not give a crap and then your lads not showing up on saturday doesnt help that Im sure you knew about it sure you sit on the county board

and to be perfectly honest there isn't much difference in the borough league and the NCDL having played on both.

This was bad but unfortunatly had to be done because of the numbers that entered because of 2 deciding factors them lot in Ulster Bank and The Stags Head Comp.

I can Honestly Answer This i went out one Sunday to rep the DunLaoghaire Borough and this was in April And Dice Mate the Dates Were Decided There and then at the time no other comps where known about in my honest opinion.

But i can tell you's all one thing i'm not going to sit here and hear the league i play in been bashed by others.

If you have played in the borough and think its **** fair enough if you haven't you can't back up your claim their are plenty ot good quality players to name a few

BAKERS
    Shane Ryan
    Dan Boyce
    Gary Murphy
    David Peacock
    Angus Fleming

NOGGIN INN
    Mark Mulvaney
    Thomas Hennessy

IGO
    Wayne Colgan
    Gavin Merrigan

TASSIE A
    Gary Gregory
    Marc Ennis
    Mick Cummins
    Andy Poole
    Ben Prenter
    Peter Rowe
    Robbie Smith

LOUGH INN
    Billy Matthews
    Kevin O Callagahn
    Bullet
    Lar Bryan

and every team in it has some quality players and i'll back them all up 100% i may not have named them here but i know them all.

If there was a bad turn out in Swords in a few weeks Will you's all Lash the NCDL for not supporting the county board.

Thanks for the response. Simple solution, if you aint gonna pay it out, do not advertise it. You knew what happened us, we were coming (and still ended up in Kilkenny sunday) but some things in life cant be helped.

I will be at the Shay o Brien, mainly cause he was a legend of irish darts. Not because i want to support the Dublin county set up.

As for the not clashing, Micks date has been there for clonmel now since around Feb m8.

But as you say, Borough has alot of quality, so take out your 2 packed squads in the dublin league and then there is nothing to choose from any of these leagues.

Up de Borough

• Advertisement

BAKERS
    Shane Ryan
    Dan Boyce
    Gary Murphy
    David Peacock
    Angus Fleming

NOGGIN INN
    Mark Mulvaney
    Thomas Hennessy

IGO
    Wayne Colgan
    Gavin Merrigan

TASSIE A
    Gary Gregory
    Marc Ennis
    Mick Cummins
    Andy Poole
    Ben Prenter
    Peter Rowe
    Robbie Smith

LOUGH INN
    Billy Matthews
    Kevin O Callagahn
    Bullet
    Lar Bryan

No it will be the Rush league that will get it then but if the Shay Obien has a poor turn out no problem I will in a heart beat

Thanks for the response. Simple solution, if you aint gonna pay it out, do not advertise it. You knew what happened us, we were coming (and still ended up in Kilkenny sunday) but some things in life cant be helped.

I will be at the Shay o Brien, mainly cause he was a legend of irish darts. Not because i want to support the Dublin county set up.

As for the not clashing, Micks date has been there for clonmel now since around Feb m8.

But as you say, Borough has alot of quality, so take out your 2 packed squads in the dublin league and then there is nothing to choose from any of these leagues.

Up de Borough
    It suits you to have Dublin lads fighting with each other can only be good for the other countys if you dont throw darts in dublin mind your own business Im sure there is a turf cutting protest you could be at

It suits you to have Dublin lads fighting with each other can only be good for the other countys if you dont throw darts in dublin mind your own business Im sure there is a turf cutting protest you could be at

Why does it suit me to have Dubs fighting with each other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Up de Borough

<SNIP>

EDIT: No personal abuse

Why does it suit me to have Dubs fighting with each other?
    Cause from your posts you dont throw darts in Dublin so why get involved in something that has nothing to do with you

Cause from your posts you dont throw darts in Dublin so why get involved in something that has nothing to do with you

Now now darling, if you dont know the facts, dont be playing guessing games. The clues are in the words

"OPEN"
    "DARTS"
    "COMPETITION"

Now, again, why would it be in my best interests to have the Dubs in fighting?

Now now darling, if you dont know the facts, dont be playing guessing games. The clues are in the words

"OPEN"
    "DARTS"
    "COMPETITION"

Now, again, why would it be in my best interests to have the Dubs in fighting?
    coming up stuck in KILKENNY

coming up stuck in KILKENNY

And?

How has this event nothing to do with me. How is it good for me to see the dubs in fighting? Come on now sweetheart, surely you can do better than that

And?

How has this event nothing to do with me. How is it good for me to see the dubs in fighting? Come on now sweetheart, surely you can do better than that
    LOVE TO SIT HERE AND CHAT BUT SOME OF US HAVE WORK TO DO HAVE A NICE DAY WONDERFUL HEARING FROM YOU AND THE REST OF THE LOSERS IN THE BOROUGH KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

LOVE TO SIT HERE AND CHAT BUT SOME OF US HAVE WORK TO DO HAVE A NICE DAY WONDERFUL HEARING FROM YOU AND THE REST OF THE LOSERS IN THE BOROUGH KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Still clutching at straws and getting no where, poor love... Better luck next time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement