Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do the Borough teams not surport the county board events

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ussgrant1

It seems to me that there is a lot of controversary over the prize money paid out last week. Considering the disastrous turn out of players its not suprising that the prize money was reduced, however the poster never carried the word " guaranteed". The County Board did their best in the circumstances & it must be remembered that they gave up their day also to set up the venue & run the event. Maybe locations are'nt the best placed but there are not that many venues willing to support dart opens unless they are outside the City. just my thoughts

i have to agree with Bingo about the very late return of the full allocation of tickets for the County draw. they could & should have been returned earlier with the reason for not taking them. It was left to the other County Board members to go out & sell as many as they could of the 120 returned tickets to avoid a loss, which thanks to their endeavours they go rid of a large percentage. So much for the interest in the borough League wishing to be affiliated to the County Board with a view to gaining more plaeys on the County Panel

just my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Dicie

tumbler wrote: »
    the other lad is right you should not be posting on this your not a lad that throws darts in dublin so the reason I asked the question to start this thead does not apply to you there are enough lads in the borough to answer my question we dont need input from the rebel county

You must have an issue with reading also.

OPEN
    DARTS
    COMPETITION

can you master that, or do you need a hand?

The competition is open, to all, that means us down here in Cork, or where ever they are from.

Pay out the advertised money or dont advertise it in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭tumbler

Dicie wrote: »
    You must have an issue with reading also.

OPEN
    DARTS
    COMPETITION

can you master that, or do you need a hand?

The competition is open, to all, that means us down here in Cork, or where ever they are from.

Pay out the advertised money or dont advertise it in the first place
    Listen you dont play darts in the borough and if you cant understand what the thead states at the start then its not me who has a problem reading its you who has a problem not been able to keep your nose out of things that have nothing to do with you cop on and stop turning this into a rant about prize money not paid out at an event you were not at

Listen you dont play darts in the borough and if you cant understand what the thead states at the start then its not me who has a problem reading its you who has a problem not been able to keep your nose out of things that have nothing to do with you cop on and stop turning this into a rant about prize money not paid out at an event you were not at

I know what it states and i also am entitled to have my say on matters that concern me, such as open comps advertising prize money and not paying it out. Why does it concern me? Because i will be playing in at least 3 of the remaining events, thats why.

So no need to try and get smart, you dont have the brains for it for starters darling.

• Advertisement

I know what it states and i also am entitled to have my say on matters that concern me, such as open comps advertising prize money and not paying it out. Why does it concern me? Because i will be playing in at least 3 of the remaining events, thats why.

So no need to try and get smart, you dont have the brains for it for starters darling.
    Ok in simple lingo for you first you dont play in the borough so you cant answer my question second you came on here ranting about money not been honered if thats what you want to post about start a new thead and dont just come on here and stir crap with your Darling bull if thats not straight enough for you go back to watching the Disney channel as thats as childish as you posts have become

Ok in simple lingo for you first you dont play in the borough so you cant answer my question second you came on here ranting about money not been honered if thats what you want to post about start a new thead and dont just come on here and stir crap with your Darling bull if thats not straight enough for you go back to watching the Disney channel as thats as childish as you posts have become

I will post when and where i like, thanks, and if it annoys you even better. Have a good day sweetheart

I will post when and where i like, thanks, and if it annoys you even better. Have a good day sweetheart
    Annoy me never Im an easy going lad sure Im even good with children if I wasnt I wouldnt be able to answer you so you carry on posting where and when you want and when your bored sure you can go back to your colouring books

Annoy me never Im an easy going lad sure Im even good with children if I wasnt I wouldnt be able to answer you so you carry on posting where and when you want and when your bored sure you can go back to your colouring books

yet you have to resort to name calling, how very sad indeed.

The fact of the matter is, iv asked a question, you dont like hearing it, and then you can think you can tell people where and how they can post on a forum?

If you dont like what iv to say, dont bother reading the posts any more.

Dublin county board advertised prizemoney, didnt pay it out, this could well stop myself, and the other cork lads coming up. As for ticket sales, havent a clue why they were returned, but i do know money is tight for everyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads can you please keep the childish name calling and petty jibes out of this thread, leave that to the schoolyard. There is some good debate to be had in this thread so don't make me lock it.

Cheers.

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Lads can you please keep the childish name calling and petty jibes out of this thread, leave that to the schoolyard. There is some good debate to be had in this thread so don't make me lock it.

Cheers.
    I asked a question at the start regarding the borough players not playing in county events out in there own patch Prize money not been honoured has nothing to do with it as that would have happened after they had attended or not at all Dicie decided to have a rant about the county board I have no input into the county bord and dont want any but the question I asked still remains unanswered Dicie clearly seems to have a gripe with the county board as he has started an other thead having a go at them so it would make sence to post his anti county bord comments on that and see can we get to the real reason why the lads dont go to these events and maybe this will help darts in Dublin

I asked a question at the start regarding the borough players not playing in county events out in there own patch Prize money not been honoured has nothing to do with it as that would have happened after they had attended or not at all Dicie decided to have a rant about the county board I have no input into the county bord and dont want any but the question I asked still remains unanswered Dicie clearly seems to have a gripe with the county board as he has started an other thead having a go at them so it would make sence to post his anti county bord comments on that and see can we get to the real reason why the lads dont go to these events and maybe this will help darts in Dublin

The real reason is there for all to see, they just dont want to see it.

(1) Tassie isnt an ideal spot for players from town.

(2) Those lucky enough to have a job could well be working on a saturday.

(3) If not working, finding a few quid to get to the tassie, and back home, along with entry fees and a few pints isnt easy come by im afraid.

(4) as i pointed out, numbers for all darts events are down on last year and previous yrs, if people attended darts comps now and then they would notice this.

Iv no gripe with Brendan, or Alan or the rest of the board for that matter, i do however have issues with them not honouring the pay out, then clashing with an event that has been advertised months in advance, especially when a Dublin team of Garrett, weso, Shane, HM and Joe bloggs byrne won it last time out.

I heard thou that Dublin may well have changed the date of that event as to not clash, so some good has come of my so called ranting.

The real reason is there for all to see, they just dont want to see it.

(1) Tassie isnt an ideal spot for players from town.

(2) Those lucky enough to have a job could well be working on a saturday.

(3) If not working, finding a few quid to get to the tassie, and back home, along with entry fees and a few pints isnt easy come by im afraid.

(4) as i pointed out, numbers for all darts events are down on last year and previous yrs, if people attended darts comps now and then they would notice this.

Iv no gripe with Brendan, or Alan or the rest of the board for that matter, i do however have issues with them not honouring the pay out, then clashing with an event that has been advertised months in advance, especially when a Dublin team of Garrett, weso, Shane, HM and Joe bloggs byrne won it last time out.

I heard thou that Dublin may well have changed the date of that event as to not clash, so some good has come of my so called ranting.
    No one said the tassie was an ideal place for lads from town but it has to be handy for borough lads thats why its hard to understand why so few showed up chances are more will show up at the Shay O'brien open thats why I started this thead your answers might be right but Im sure enough lads for the borough have veiwed this thead so could confirm what you are thinking or if not give their own reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

The reason there wasn't that many there was because it wasn't advertised properly!!! The only time I seen anything about it was out at the all Ireland's in the regency!! End of !!

It seems to me that the most important point is passing by, the Dublin County Board set the venues & dates in good faith in order to generate funds for financial support of the Dublin Team Panel for the Leinsters & All Irelands + new shirts. The fact that players on the panel have to dig into their pockets has been a sore point for years & esp in these trying times. the idea behind these 5 events was to help finances & look at up & coming players with aspirations to wear the blue shirt. Any clash of events is probably down to poor research & the County Board, if culpable, must put their hands up on this score. However they envisaged 50 players which would have given them a break even figure on the day. Hard to believe that in Dublin, players could'nt be bothered to turn up. Maybe I'm a bit sharp here as its been a long darts season after 10 months of darts, be it leagues/cups singles/doubles/etc etc and maybe a lot only just want a break from the game. Also, there is Euro 2012 which can be a different night out away from darts for a lot of the guys, and of course holliers with the missus, etc as a thanks for all the nights out during the darts season.
    I do wish this prize money " honoured " would grasp one point " It was never guaranteed" and I've been in many tournaments where prize money did'nt reach advertised but I play for the love of the game & any winnings is a bonus. just my thoughts

The reason there wasn't that many there was because it wasn't advertised properly!!! The only time I seen anything about it was out at the all Ireland's in the regency!! End of !!
    Still it was a bad turn out when you take into account the tassie has two teams alone

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭on the board

You're going on about borough league wanting to be involved in the county set up, right you had 8 players there from the the borough league that wants to be involved and the same 8 will be at the other events around Dublin it doesn't matter how many teams are in the tassie or the league it boils down to the individuals that want to be there and 8 out of 36 is nearly 25% of the turn out!! How many leagues are in Dublin?? if the borough league had nearly a quarter of entries what happened to the other leagues around Dublin I'm pretty much sure there's more than 4 leagues in Dublin at the end of the day it wasn't advertised properly and for other competitions on that day you would have had the numbers and you wouldn't be on here slagging our league!! So don't be narrow minded!! Tell me this would the Dublin panel ever have more than 8 players from the league on the team if they showed up that day!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 1 ate e bhoy

i've been reading this thread for a couple of days now and am wondering the following:
    1.how is the Dublin Panel actually picked these days ?
    2.are there any Borough players presently on the Dublin panel?
    3.Do the players still have to pay for the privelege of wearing the shirt and if so what does the money from these opens cover?

to be honest not everyone going to these opens give a **** about playing for Dublin its just a piss up and a game of darts and any prize money picked up is a bonus.
    in my humble opinion.
    By the way i'm from Dublin spent a fortune playing for Dublin(could never seem to fill that sponsor card) as far as i can see things have'nt changed much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

the other lad is right you should not be posting on this your not a lad that throws darts in dublin so the reason I asked the question to start this thead does not apply to you there are enough lads in the borough to answer my question we dont need input from the rebel county

Havent been on here in a long time,but see nothing has changed. The borough league still getting abuse from outsiderers who havent a clue.You have ago at dicie about not been from the borough league,yet dont have a go at bingo bongo or what ever his name is for saying the league is **** and full of losers.This is from a player who also doesnt play in the borough league,so has no right in your eyes to make such comments.Have played in the league for 25 years and have played against some of the best players around,there are at least 25 or 30 players playing in the league who could easily play for the county team.But who wants to when your treated like **** and made feel unwelcome.Its a clique and has been for many a year.The tickets been sold to get funds for the county team is a good idea,but not many borough league players are going to buy tickets for something their never ging to be involved in.Why would i buy a ticket to help someone else play darts have new tops stay in hotels pay for there travel expenses.When at the end of the day the county have always treated the borough league and its players as outsiders.
    Well hope im back with a bang but thats my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭thedivil

There should be a play off between the Dublin team and Borough league team to represent the Dubs.Or enter a team as Dublin South:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

thedivil wrote: »
    There should be a play off between the Dublin team and Borough league team to represent the Dubs.Or enter a team as Dublin South:p
    thats a stupid post. why should the borough league get preference over other leagues??

The only fair way to pick a squad to represent dublin or any other county, is to have trials. I'm not on about the dublin opens where you might get knocked out first or second round on your board each time and never have a chance of getting noticed.
    You have to do propper trials where you play in a round robin against about 8 other lads and collect points. other counties do it this way.

Say 36 lads turn up for a trial.
    put 9 on each board.
    all play each other once.
    lads with the most amount of points after 8 trials, represent the county!
    Simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭paulcorr

4 on each board play each other once, best of 5 legs top 2 in each group go through to knockout. 10 pts for winner,8 runner up 4 beaten semi final, 2 beaten quarter final.1 pt for turning up,top 10/12 players at end of trials make team.Fair way of picking the team if you dont turn up for trials you dont get on the team full stop.How is the team picked at the minute word of mouth about certain players playing well or is it just the big name players who are picked without even having to make an effort to get on the team.If borough league players want to prove they can play for the county well give them the chance this way if they dont turn up well tough ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭podge180

why dont the borough league enter there own county team as for saying that the borough league is sh*t bet you have never even went to a borough league game if it is sh*t why is it that we have teams from wicklow wanting to join the league and the players on that team are county players ??????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

podge180 wrote: »
    why dont the borough league enter there own county team
    A county team is a county team. not a best of a certin league team.
    If you were to enter the borough league as a county team, then you would have to enter a 'county team' from all leagues all over Ireland.
    In Dublin alone there are a few leagues so you would have the Dublin county team, borough league team, south county league team, ncdl team and a team from other dublin leagues aswel.
    That kinda defeats the purpose of a county team!
    The only fair way to pick a county team is trials. Set dates (that are well advertised and dont clash with any other competitions) and let the lads battle it out to make the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Big Brother180

mackeire wrote: »
    A county team is a county team. not a best of a certin league team.
    If you were to enter the borough league as a county team, then you would have to enter a 'county team' from all leagues all over Ireland.
    In Dublin alone there are a few leagues so you would have the Dublin county team, borough league team, south county league team, ncdl team and a team from other dublin leagues aswel.
    That kinda defeats the purpose of a county team!
    The only fair way to pick a county team is trials. Set dates (that are well advertised and dont clash with any other competitions) and let the lads battle it out to make the team.
    You can entry a team in the all Irelands
    Dublin has 4 Councils Dublin City, which the Dublin team play out of
    South County Co Co , Dunlaoghaire Rathdown Co Co, Fingal Co Co
    There was talk in Fingal a year or 2 ago about setting up a leauge to play in the all Irelands not enough people interested to set it up
    you need 8 or more teams
    you need to affilate with INDO

Sorry was away on holidays so this is why I have not posted in a while Lads the last time there was trials held for the county team very few if any borough players showed up if I remember right the same faces were there week in week out 90% of whom played in the NCDL ok it was held in the hand ball alley in Croke park but that is one of the handest places to get to with been close to the dart line and most bus routes so trails only work if players show up and if your lads wont show up to a event in the borough do you honestly think they will show up at trials

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭I.C.U

This is getting old mate i dont think your going to get any more if the lads in the bourgh dont want to go who gives a toss why are you letting it get to you

I.C.U wrote: »
    This is getting old mate i dont think your going to get any more if the lads in the bourgh dont want to go who gives a toss why are you letting it get to you
    It only gets to me when I go on this and borough lads are giving ouy that the county board dont hold anything in the borough and then when ythey do borough lads dont bother showing up I traveled from the north side to play in it and they cant cross the road then you ask why they come up with the whole new idea of trials knowing their wouldn't show up anyway even if it was played in their own back yard

Advertisement