Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The olympia theatre dublin?

Options
  • 25-06-2012 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

ok so im going to a gig in the olympia but the only tickets left were those that had an 'obstructed view' so my guess is that there's a pillar in the way or something?
    now im not too bothered because it is just a pillar but i was wondering like,how bad is the obstruction? just to get a general idea.
    Also,The seats are in the circle,is it possible to just go down to the standing area like you can in the marquee or are they strict about staying in your seats? :D
    :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

If it's a seated gig you'll most likely have to stay. the pillars are of reasonable size. They hold up the balcony so if you're right behind one, then you really won't see much.

Really the Olympia is a bit of a ****ehole all things being said. A new comfortable and configurable venue is needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Some of the "obstructed view" seats are just obstructing the edges of the stage.
    I was in the circle for the Boyce Avenue concert back in November and I could see them just fine.
    But there are some seats that you won't be able to see much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

c0ccydynia wrote: »
    ok so im going to a gig in the olympia but the only tickets left were those that had an 'obstructed view' so my guess is that there's a pillar in the way or something?
    :

Is it Boyce Avenue you're going to by any chance? I'm heading to see them tomorrow night, luckily enough I got tickets the morning they were released and have 4th row seats center in the circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 c0ccydynia

NUTZZ wrote: »
    c0ccydynia wrote: »
    :

Is it Boyce Avenue you're going to by any chance? I'm heading to see them tomorrow night, luckily enough I got tickets the morning they were released and have 4th row seats center in the circle.
    No,unfortunatly I didn't even know they were playing
    I'm going to see all time low on the 20th

Advertisement