Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Food Brands??

• 25-06-2012 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have 2 puppies, one is 6 months old the other is 4 months old.

Both are Jack Russell Terriers but small close to miniature.

What Dog food could I get for them? I've been looking at the following but not sure which is the best one for the best price?

Select Gold
    Brillys Choice
    Real Nature
    James Wellbeloved
    Redmills

Does anyone use any of these brands and could tell me which one to go with?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

M25 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I have 2 puppies, one is 6 months old the other is 4 months old.

Both are Jack Russell Terriers but small close to miniature.

What Dog food could I get for them? I've been looking at the following but not sure which is the best one for the best price?

Select Gold
    Brillys Choice
    Real Nature
    James Wellbeloved
    Redmills

Does anyone use any of these brands and could tell me which one to go with?

Thanks! :)

Brillys Choice would be out for me, looked it up and the ingredients are just crap really especially in comparison to the others.

The best would probably be either James Wellbeloved or Real Nature. Then Select Gold and then Redmills.

Oh forgot to mention I used James Wellbeloved before, but for some reason my Boxer could clear a room with his farts while he was on it, shame really because he did really well on it otherwise. I have used real nature wet food in kongs, as I don't like supermarket wet food, I found it fine. And used Select Gold with the cats, they really liked it and looked really healthy on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I have a jack russell also. Shes been on red mills, burns, James Wellbeloved and now shes on select gold mini.

The red mills and James Wellbeloved just went straight through her, She didn't like Burns. Their not bad foods they just didn't work for mine. Red Mills was great for my labrador but I found it too expensive. . . I find Select gold mini excellent value for money and her coat is soft and theres less "mess" outside to clean up. The small biscuits help clean and keep tartar off the teeth. It helps maintain healthy weight and joints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

I see Gain have a new dog food out for Small Dogs - along the lines of their Big Dogs range:

http://www.gainfeeds.com/pet/SmallDogs_Adult

I haven't tried it yet. The ingedients are OK-ish. Can get at a Glanbia store or www.dogfooddirect.ie

€20: 8kg.
    €34: 15kg.

Advertisement