Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activating Mobile Phone With BOI

Options
  • 25-06-2012 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Why is this such a long winded process?

For the last week now I have been trying to activate my phone to add Payee accounts, basically Credit Union and whatnot... everything is done by post, obviously for security reasons and whatever else...

BUT IT TAKES WEEKS FOR ANYTHING TO ARRIVE??

I requested official statements in FEBRUARY as i needed credit history for a car something and were now at the end of June, no sign after 3 phonecalls I gave up and actually saved what I needed for the car as they were useless!! (small blessing is disguise actually have no loan etc,,, but thats totally beside the point)

Has anyone activated a mobile phone successfully?

Pay into a savings account with Direct Debit? Pay into a savings account with as a Payee? Had any dealings with BOI where everything went off without a hitch?

I ranted a bit there, anyways I am not saying anything bad about BOI, I have dealt with them all my life and am going to continue to do so, I am just a bit Kia pee'd off with the service on two particular occasions, that is all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,434 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

BOI are relatively efficient with that sort of stuff. Obviously they have to be careful when someone starts to do online banking for the first time in case it's a scammer who is trying to hijack the a/c, hence the requirement to write to you with a PIN code you use to activate payees etc. but after that it's pretty smooth. These days I can add a payee and approve it via mobile phone in a matter of minutes, you must be doing something wrong if you're having all that hassle.

There is a 'Talk To' forum where you can submit a query direct to BOI people on boards, it's here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1522

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

coylemj wrote: »
    BOI are relatively efficient with that sort of stuff. Obviously they have to be careful when someone starts to do online banking for the first time in case it's a scammer who is trying to hijack the a/c, hence the requirement to write to you with a PIN code you use to activate payees etc. but after that it's pretty smooth. These days I can add a payee and approve it via mobile phone in a matter of minutes, you must be doing something wrong if you're having all that hassle.

There is a 'Talk To' forum where you can submit a query direct to BOI people on boards, it's here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1522

Oh cheers I didnt know there was somewhere to post Q's directly!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There sure is.

*transferring you now, please hold* ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi ghogie91,

Apologies things haven't gone as smoothly for you as they should have.

What coylemj said is correct, the security code to activate your mobile is sent to you in the post and should reach you 5-7 working days after it was ordered.

Sorry you did not receive the statements you requested. If you're having difficulty receiving post from us, you can check the address on your account by calling Banking 365 on 0818 365365.

For paying into a savings account, this really depends on the account type. Most regular savings accounts are direct debit only. These accounts cannot be added as a payee on Banking 365. We have information on different types of savings accounts available here.

If we can help with anything else please ask.

Thanks and welcome to our forum,

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Hi ghogie91,

Apologies things haven't gone as smoothly for you as they should have.

What coylemj said is correct, the security code to activate your mobile is sent to you in the post and should reach you 5-7 working days after it was ordered.

Sorry you did not receive the statements you requested. If you're having difficulty receiving post from us, you can check the address on your account by calling Banking 365 on 0818 365365.

For paying into a savings account, this really depends on the account type. Most regular savings accounts are direct debit only. These accounts cannot be added as a payee on Banking 365. We have information on different types of savings accounts available here.

If we can help with anything else please ask.

Thanks and welcome to our forum,

Tara

Hi Tara,

Thanks for replying to my Monday Rant! I will have a look at the link and see does anything apply to me

Thanks again,
    Gary

• Advertisement
Advertisement