Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not picking up the poos!!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

iguana wrote: »
    The problem with picking up and binning excrement, whether in a park bin or in your own bin, is that it is just being sent to landfill where many of the same health risks to just leaving it where it dropped apply. And you have just added a wasted plastic bag to our landfill problem.

I do pick up my dog's crap (I try to get them to go in the garden where I can flush it in the outside toilet) but without proper dog waste only bins, where the waste is taken for proper treatment rather than just dumped, and the exclusive use of chemical free biodegradable bags, we're all just kidding ourselves if we think we are doing anything more than shifting the problem from one area to another, and not actually making things that bit worse in the process.

I can see your point but better in a landfill than all over my shoes,her paws, the carpet etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think I'll contact DCC and offer my services as poo warden! I just need a roll of bags, megaphone and segway. I'd love it lol! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Love this thread, as I rant about this at least twice a day! I hate that people think badly of me even though I've been picking up after my dog since I got him 10 years ago. I was bent down over a poop with a bag over my hand the other day and a woman going past stopped and said she hoped I was going to pick it up.... I don't know what she thought I was doing if I wasn't! :rolleyes:

That said though I've seen so many people just ignore their dogs while they blatantly poo in the park near us, but I would be afraid to offer them bags, fair play to all of ye who have! I was brave enough to broach the subject with someone I've met most days on my walks over the last 10 years recently, by offering her a bag, and she said she didn't have to as her yorkie's poos were too small to bother anyone... I haven't walked with her since and just don't know what to say to someone like that!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

I was recently having a complain about this myself on FB after running my buggy through some poop on the path (plenty of bins along the way) and having to clean it off with baby wipes and sanitiser outside the shop and a nice warm sticky day..was actually surprised where some of the comments were sympathising over similiar issues of treading in it,that many of the comments were very sarky (some dog owners,with guilty consciences?:)) that said, in our little estate I think some of the small dogs& owners got the blame for poops the cats were doing in the flower beds;)

Advertisement