Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Franchise reboots you'd love to see.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Good few mentioned already, but here's mine anyway:

Dungeon keeper
    Road rash
    Micro machines
    Dune 2
    Gorky 18
    Army man
    Destruction derby 2

Big yes to dungeon keeper and road rash

I'd love to see a new colony wars and
    Rollcage

• Registered Users Posts: 19,633 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I'll have a new rogue squadron, if someone is taking orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

o1s1n wrote: »
    Something with the CPS2 Alien Versus Predator beat em up license. I don't know what, but something!
    If in doubt, make a casual kart racer!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Desert Strike. Just update the engine and graphics but keep the view and the gameplay the same. Awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Surprised that some people already posted about Turrican, Another World and Flashback!:D

Would like to see a remake of Vagrant Story. Loved it when it first came out but just cant bring myself to play it again as it looks kinda crap by today's standards (obviously) HD remake would be glorious! I wouldnt want a sequel considering the rubbish that SquareEnix spew out these days

Bringing Tenchu back to the glory days would be fantastic also. IIRC the last two Tenchu games where a puzzle game and some PEGI12 game on the Wii :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Star Wars Battlefront please. :(

+1 to Flashback and Elite though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Good few mentioned already, but here's mine anyway:

Dungeon keeper
    Road rash
    Micro machines
    Dune 2
    Gorky 18
    Army man
    Destruction derby 2

Destruction Derby, nostalgia overload. Such a fun game, spent hours upon hours on it when I was a kid.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

Streets of Rage and Golden Axe. SHENMUE too!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,003 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

SdoowSirhc wrote: »
    If in doubt, make a casual kart racer!

I think you may be on to something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Tie Fighter/X Wing

Star Wars Battlefront

Outcast

and I would really love another Vampire The Masquerade RPG. Don't get me started on how amazing the 2 games were, Redemption and Bloodlines.

Oh and Thief, but that could be on the way anyways, so here's hoping Eidos don't bin it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

It's an enduring mystery to me that nobody seems able to sort out another Battlefront. There's demand for it, it's a Star Wars game so it's a license to print money, it lends itself to online so well, and it's such an effortlessly simple concept to make something great out of.

I've been playing the first two again lately; the space battles are still unique and the game in general is still a riot. I would love to see those effects on modern platforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Would like to see a remake of Vagrant Story. Loved it when it first came out but just cant bring myself to play it again as it looks kinda crap by today's standards (obviously) HD remake would be glorious! I wouldnt want a sequel considering the rubbish that SquareEnix spew out these days

+1

Great game, could do with a visual update and no more. Never finished it, kept getting lost in the forest. Maybe better graphics would help my orientation skills!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,439 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Deus Ex..the original and not the crappy sequels.

Battlefield 1942 - updated with Frostbite 2 engine and leave everything else as is.

F22 Total Air War - One of the finest fighter jet game ever made...pity DID went under :(

woohoo..never realised the modding community released an updated version a few years back...you can now download it for free :D

http://community.combatsim.com/topic/20202-f-22-total-air-war-222a-released/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I would love to see a remake of Dragon's Lair, this time without the geeky main character and the horrendous control. If done properly it could be awesome:)

I'd also like to see the Drakan series revived. "Drakan-The Ancient's Gates" was my favourite game on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 MilionMilesAway

This list could get quite long.
    Hired Guns was a brilliant little Future themed RPG from the Amiga days.
    Carrier Command ( I think they are re-making it in fact). They better have the original game included as a Easter egg.
    Supremacy
    Dungeon master
    Eye of the beholders
    I got a few of these on emulators, but like most things, the memory is better than the replayed experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Vagrant Story wasn't exactly a Franchise, but I feel it really deserved some sort of follow on. It had really good characters, and the lore was all enjoyable.
    Rosencrantz was a particular favourite

Loved the fighting system, but it would definitely require tweaking what with two generations having passed since then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Bring me a modern Syndicate game that doesn't suck, damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GarH

Starglider 1 + 2
    Driller
    Dark Side
    Turrican 1 + 2

I could name 100s more

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,101 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Panama Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Some sort of a Conflict Desert Storm remake would be nice. Very difficult games, but enjoyed them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is Homeworld too new to ask for a sequel/reboot? Cause i want one god dammit!

Also, Freespace 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

I'd mark out for a selection of beautifully redrawn megadrive games

Streets of rage (same style or similar vein to Street Fighter 2 HD remix that was available for DL would be the dogs)
    Rocket Knight Adventures

I never played the Wu Tang games so I don't know how good/poor they were, but a good beat em' up with all the Wu members would be am absolute treat for me. Decent soundtrack, comic book/ninja theme, all the wu mythology to draw on (liquid swords album, music videos, wu time machine etc.) would all make a great game in the right hands. That or a game like ninja gaiden, where you could use different characters to approach stages differently, different weapons, abilities styles etc. Lot of room for variety...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Um Jammer Lammy

Vib Ribbon

Destruction Derby

Claymates

Battlefield Vietnam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

weemcd wrote: »
    I'd mark out for a selection of beautifully redrawn megadrive games

Streets of rage (same style or similar vein to Street Fighter 2 HD remix that was available for DL would be the dogs)
    Rocket Knight Adventures

I never played the Wu Tang games so I don't know how good/poor they were, but a good beat em' up with all the Wu members would be am absolute treat for me. Decent soundtrack, comic book/ninja theme, all the wu mythology to draw on (liquid swords album, music videos, wu time machine etc.) would all make a great game in the right hands. That or a game like ninja gaiden, where you could use different characters to approach stages differently, different weapons, abilities styles etc. Lot of room for variety...

Wrestling forum
    > Thataway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

1. Bruce Lee from the C-64
    2. Airborne Ranger - old Microprose game
    3. Stunt Car Racer
    4. System Shock 1 + 2 Using the Unreal 4 engine
    5. Aliens V Predator 1 and 2 ... leave the games alone just use a new Graphics Engine.
    6. Destruction Derby 1 + 2 from PS3
    7. KICK-OFF 2
    8. X-wing and Tie Fighter
    9. B-17 Flying fortress (such a brilliant sim)
    10. Panzer Elite

Far too many more to mention lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Nightmare Creatures. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Abe's Odyssey of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

chin_grin wrote: »
    Another World/Flashback.

Anyone remember the third person game of this series on the ps1? It was crap as hell, but I loved it.

So yeah would like to see this series redone....booted...whatever the cool kids are saying now.

I'm not saying I'd like them as fps's's, probably a hd collection would suit me.

Do you have an Android phone?

I'd also second Flashback. Definitely my favourite MegaDrive game of all time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's an enduring mystery to me that nobody seems able to sort out another Battlefront. There's demand for it, it's a Star Wars game so it's a license to print money, it lends itself to online so well, and it's such an effortlessly simple concept to make something great out of.

I've been playing the first two again lately; the space battles are still unique and the game in general is still a riot. I would love to see those effects on modern platforms.

Some of the stuff that Free Radical were doing on it looked so promising :(

Advertisement