Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neighbours have deserted dog for a month...

• 25-06-2012 2:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭

I feel like a magnet for mistreated dogs at this stage :)

My girlfriend and I live on the top (4th) floor of our apartment building.
    The past week or so, I've been woken at 7am every morning by the dog next door going mad barking. Finally had enough yesterday morning, and went to have a word with the neighbours, but there was no reply.

We then looked over the partition between our balconies and seen this...

210293.JPG

We would estimate the dog has been there for at least a week. He is left exposed on the balcony to whatever weather we have - roasting hot or cold and wet. He is surrounded by his own waste, and his water looks to be old and yellow. He is pitifully happy when we reach across just to stroke him or let him lick our hand.

I've gone to the neighbours repeatedly, but no reply there. However, someone knocked on our door this morning asking why I was taking photos of the balcony. I informed them that not only is the dog waking us up at 7am every morning, his conditions are simply not good enough.

This woman informed me she is a friend of the apartment owner, and is looking after the dog while the family are away in the Phillippines... FOR THE NEXT MONTH. I told her that the dog's conditions are not good enough - his is being neglected, and it has to change. I said we would take him in at least temporarily.

She said she would clean up around the dog and give him a shower this evening, and is awaiting a reply from them regarding our offer.

This is partially a rant, and also I want to ask people on here what would you do in this situation? And what can we do?

I'm honestly in shock that a family would leave their dog in this tiny fenced off area, four stories up in the air, no exercise, wallowing in his own filth, lonely, no exercise.... it's ****ing pathetic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I feel like a magnet for mistreated dogs at this stage :)

My girlfriend and I live on the top (4th) floor of our apartment building.
    The past week or so, I've been woken at 7am every morning by the dog next door going mad barking. Finally had enough yesterday morning, and went to have a word with the neighbours, but there was no reply.

We then looked over the partition between our balconies and seen this...

210293.JPG

We would estimate the dog has been there for at least a week. He is left exposed on the balcony to whatever weather we have - roasting hot or cold and wet. He is surrounded by his own waste, and his water looks to be old and yellow. He is pitifully happy when we reach across just to stroke him or let him lick our hand.

I've gone to the neighbours repeatedly, but no reply there. However, someone knocked on our door this morning asking why I was taking photos of the balcony. I informed them that not only is the dog waking us up at 7am every morning, his conditions are simply not good enough.

This woman informed me she is a friend of the apartment owner, and is looking after the dog while the family are away in the Phillippines... FOR THE NEXT MONTH. I told her that the dog's conditions are not good enough - his is being neglected, and it has to change. I said we would take him in at least temporarily.

She said she would clean up around the dog and give him a shower this evening, and is awaiting a reply from them regarding our offer.

This is partially a rant, and also I want to ask people on here what would you do in this situation? And what can we do?

I'm honestly in shock that a family would leave their dog in this tiny fenced off area, four stories up in the air, no exercise, wallowing in his own filth, lonely, no exercise.... it's ****ing pathetic.

****** As you say; and thank God you are there and care as you do.
    Poor wee pooch.

Time for the SPCA methinks. With your photos. Trouble is that by then she might have cleaned up.
    Had she fed it even?

What would we do? The same as we did with the collie when we found her tied 24/7 to a 56 lb weight.. We took her over and klater we kept her when we moved, with the ll';s permission ( his dog) and if he had refused permission? I had a local pet rescue support to take her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Christ almighty those conditions are shocking, ISPCA? Maybe the local Gardai, clearly this dog is in danger, 4 stories up, no shelter, living in his own filth. Something has to be done, regardless of whether the woman cleans up the area and showers him, thats only a small part of the problem "solved", I am furious:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Graces7 wrote: »
    ****** As you say; and thank God you are there and care as you do.
    Poor wee pooch.

Time for the SPCA methinks. With your photos.

Had she fed it even?

Yes, apparently the friend comes in daily to feed it, but that's all she's done for it thus far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

are pets allowed in the apartment complex ?

check with management agent ! ...contact the SPCA soon - the other person might be in charge of taking care of the dog but obviously is negligent in their job as friend to do so.... and has no care or knowledge of taking care of a dog (dog needs to be walked/exercised as well as loved and acknowledged)

Report it asap. (Please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Yes, apparently the friend comes in daily to feed it, but that's all she's done for it thus far.

CAll the Garda and the SPCA. not good enough. These people should not be allowed to own a dog. I've deleted most of what i have just written to avoid a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

I am enraged that people would leave a dog in such squalor.
    Op fairplay to you highlighting this abuse but you need to call the SPCA pronto,the friends quick fix approach will not suffice here,the family obviously couldn't give a toss about the dog and the little fella deserves a new home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

they can afford a holiday for a month - but cant afford kennels or a dog minder...terrible behaviour.

Where abouts are you in the country OP, any SPCA's near you etc. While they can't take the dog themselves, they can do it of the gardai are present and witness the animals conditions, if the animals life is in danger then they can take the animal and (hopefully)prosecute the owners, I use that term in place of another more colourful word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Ah god thats awful - the state of the place!! :( We had a similar situation a few years ago.. they went away next door and left the dog chained up. He was pacing around 24x7 with the chain dragging across the decking barking and crying. My problem was magically resolved after posting here looking for advice ;) The people who were minding him ie checking him once a day suddenly took him down to their house full time instead. I would have contacted the DSPCA as he was going out of his mind - and so was everyone else. I would report it tbh - they would hopefully come and have a chat to the woman who's meant to be minding him and give her a scare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

OMG Call the ISPCA now, please! This is terrible - they will remove this poor dog. Shocking - this WILL be taken seriously by the ISPCA and they will have to remove the dog. Please ring them - and thanks for trying to help this dog.

• Advertisement

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Christ almighty those conditions are shocking, ISPCA? Maybe the local Gardai, clearly this dog is in danger, 4 stories up, no shelter, living in his own filth. Something has to be done, regardless of whether the woman cleans up the area and showers him, thats only a small part of the problem "solved", I am furious:mad:

Why I asked; the spca are apprently limited. If the dog has food, water and shelter and is not being badly abused, eg beaten? it is of course totally wrong. We have beaten our heads against that brick wall too many times.

I am as angry as the rest of people here.

Op get the Gardai involved,most likely those Philipino's are not naturalised citizens and a police intervention will scare them into acting appropriately and changing their attitude to a dogs welfare.

Sappa wrote: »
    Op get the Gardai involved,most likely those Philipino's are not naturalised citizens and a police intervention will scare them into acting appropriately and changing their attitude to a dogs welfare.

Not Philipinos; they have gone on holiday to the Philipines...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

The OP never said they were from the Philippines just that they were on holidays there. Shouldn't make a difference either way

I would get on the the SPCA as it looks like this dog doesn't have adequate shelter or food. It might scare the woman looking after him and the owners, not sure if they could take the dog without the owners there though? :confused:

How anyone could put another living creature through this is beyond me. There is a chance that MAYBE the owners think this woman is looking after dog in her/ their apartment, maybe they aren't aware.

Why I asked; the spca are apprently limited. If the dog has food, water and shelter and is not being badly abused, eg beaten? it is of course totally wrong. We have beaten our heads against that brick wall too many times.

I am as angry as the rest of people here.

I know they are limited in what they can do but the dog is living 4 stories up on a balcony, OP also said that the dog had no shelter, therefore the dog is in danger at the very least they can monitor the situation which will more than likely make the minder buck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SpyderCats

PCPhoto wrote: »
    they can afford a holiday for a month - but cant afford kennels or a dog minder...terrible behaviour.

It is possible that the family thought that they had left their dog with a responsible dog minder. OP have you ever had an issue with the dog before?

I really don't know how this woman can sleep at night :mad:

I know. Even though she's not the owner, I don't understand how she didn't do something already. I think she's just talking about being proactive now because she's been 'caught'.
    are pets allowed in the apartment complex ?

check with management agent ! ...contact the SPCA soon - the other person might be in charge of taking care of the dog but obviously is negligent in their job as friend to do so.... and has no care or knowledge of taking care of a dog (dog needs to be walked/exercised as well as loved and acknowledged)

Report it asap. (Please)

Reporting to the apartment management is not an option for 2 reasons:

1) They're not good at their job
    2) We have a dog and a cat; ergo, if the pets ban rule is enforced, any good pet-owners (including us) have to get rid of our pets.
    I am pie wrote: »
    CAll the Garda and the SPCA. not good enough. These people should not be allowed to own a dog. I've deleted most of what i have just written to avoid a ban.

I'm starting to feel I'll have to. I'm giving the 'friend' a chance to sort this out, but I don't feel hopeful.
    I am enraged that people would leave a dog in such squalor.
    Op fairplay to you highlighting this abuse but you need to call the SPCA pronto,the friends quick fix approach will not suffice here,the family obviously couldn't give a toss about the dog and the little fella deserves a new home.

The scary thing is, I don't think they even have him long. And he's only a pup, less than a year old.

That was my first thought. Who the hell pisses off for at least a month and thinks their dog will be ok with just food and a pen measuring 5.5ft x 4ft? No walks, no shelter, no company....
    Where abouts are you in the country OP, any SPCA's near you etc. While they can't take the dog themselves, they can do it of the gardai are present and witness the animals conditions, if the animals life is in danger then they can take the animal and (hopefully)prosecute the owners, I use that term in place of another more colourful word.

We're in Dublin, so we should be ok for options if it comes to that.
    tk123 wrote: »
    Ah god thats awful - the state of the place!! :( We had a similar situation a few years ago.. they went away next door and left the dog chained up. He was pacing around 24x7 with the chain dragging across the decking barking and crying. My problem was magically resolved after posting here looking for advice ;) The people who were minding him ie checking him once a day suddenly took him down to their house full time instead. I would have contacted the DSPCA as he was going out of his mind - and so was everyone else. I would report it tbh - they would hopefully come and have a chat to the woman who's meant to be minding him and give her a scare?

It's great to see the outpouring of support on here; at least I know we're not overreacting.

Not Philipinos; they have gone on holiday to the Philipines...

Should have clarified, they are Filipino. Just to clear it up, their race / ethnicity is not an issue. I worked in the Philippines for two months last year, and just like here, they have good people and bad people.
    sambuka41 wrote: »
    The OP never said they were from the Philippines just that they were on holidays there. Shouldn't make a difference either way

I would get on the the SPCA as it looks like this dog doesn't have adequate shelter or food. It might scare the woman looking after him and the owners, not sure if they could take the dog without the owners there though? :confused:

How anyone could put another living creature through this is beyond me. There is a chance that MAYBE the owners think this woman is looking after dog in her/ their apartment, maybe they aren't aware.

I don't know, but chances are the owners have left this 'set-up' for the friend. It's their apartment and balcony after all.
    SpyderCats wrote: »
    It is possible that the family thought that they had left their dog with a responsible dog minder. OP have you ever had an issue with the dog before?

I really don't know how this woman can sleep at night :mad:

I've not really noticed the dog a whole lot before this tbh.
    And I don't know how any of them sleep at night. Poor little fella. I can't actually describe how furious I am. My girlfriend just gave him a Bonio to chew on and he's so over the moon with it, and whenever we pop over to keep him company. It's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

God, that's awful - I had a similiar situation with the next door neighbours who went away for a weekend, it was roasting and the dog was whining - had the neighbours number as I hadn't seen them and they said "Ah we're away for a few days, we thought we left him enough water and food"!!

Young lad hopped over the wall with our garden hose, the dog drank so much he vomitted. Shocking behaviour and I reported them. They stopped talking to me.

Not that I was bothered - scum (sorry but that's how I think of people who treat animals this way).

I'm attaching hi-res pics of where he's sleeping & living, they're huge but it'll give you an idea if you're interested. Please excuse the crappy photography, it's difficult aiming a camera onto the balcony this high up :)

That is disgusting to see,please call the Gardai on these inconsiderate people.
    That dog deserves far far better than that,all the ****e we complain about on shows like Joe Duffy but they would never highlight cases like this instead.
    Op you've done great work bringing this to attention now it's time to let these people answer to the law and enforce the rights of an animal as unfortunately it's up to you to be the voice of that poor little pup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sambuka41

I'm attaching hi-res pics of where he's sleeping & living, they're huge but it'll give you an idea if you're interested. Please excuse the crappy photography, it's difficult aiming a camera onto the balcony this high up :)

Thats horrendous conditions :( poor little guy, he can barely get around there. You are definitely not over reacting to this, that situation is just not good enough.

OP I strongly encourage you to report this - I know you are doing your best and will help this poor dog - but unless there has been some crazy misunderstanding
    over this dogs care - the owners of this dog knowingly left him in this state.

He has no shelter, its filthy (even if it was clean the poor thing has no space is on his own and is up on a bloody balcony) he has f -all water, what kind of people think it is acceptable to treat a living creature in such a way. What else are they capable of? Im almost certain the ISPCA will be able to seize him as such are the conditions, no shelter, filth, danger etc..... I so strongly encourage you to report this.

I had to re add this as I feel so strongly _Please let the authorities deal with this - Please Please report this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ignoring the dog, the neighbours are clearly complete slobs, so I wouldn't be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Food & water are things easily remedied, and the neigbour's friend may do that. But under no definition does that dog have adequate shelter (a big plant pot isn't a bloody shelter).

Wait till the friend comes back to you and point out that the conditions are inadequate - either the dog is taken somewhere where it has shelter (like inside the apartment), is given to you to take care of, or you're going to contact the Gardai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh dear Mother of God...

I'm in tears reading this. And he looks a dear little fella too. Is there any way you can take him until the wretched owners get home? I wouldn't trust that neighbour as far as I threw them. They didn't give a **** until you called them out.

I don't think it's wickedness TBH. It's ignorance which is nearly as bad

What I would give to meet their plane and give them a piece of my mind. Fair play to you OP for caring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭daltonmd

God love the poor critter. And through it all you say he's a jolly little thing. There's a good home with caring people and active kids just waiting for that little guy, the owners really do not deserve the love of that dog and bless him he's probably as loyal to them.

maggiepip wrote: »
    OP I strongly encourage you to report this - I know you are doing your best and will help this poor dog - but unless there has been some crazy misunderstanding
    over this dogs care - the owners of this dog knowingly left him in this state.

He has no shelter, its filthy (even if it was clean the poor thing has no space is on his own and is up on a bloody balcony) he has f -all water, what kind of people think it is acceptable to treat a living creature in such a way. What else are they capable of? Im almost certain the ISPCA will be able to seize him as such are the conditions, no shelter, filth, danger etc..... I so strongly encourage you to report this.

I understand. However, for the sake of a few hours, I feel that it's only right to give the friend the chance to sort out the dog. Bulldozing ahead will not look well if this ever has to be explained, whereas she now has the chance to resolve it.
    seamus wrote: »
    Ignoring the dog, the neighbours are clearly complete slobs, so I wouldn't be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Food & water are things easily remedied, and the neigbour's friend may do that. But under no definition does that dog have adequate shelter (a big plant pot isn't a bloody shelter).

Wait till the friend comes back to you and point out that the conditions are inadequate - either the dog is taken somewhere where it has shelter (like inside the apartment), is given to you to take care of, or you're going to contact the Gardai.

Apologies, I should have added that the neighbour has asked the owners if the dog can come inside, and is awaiting a reply. If the answer is no, then I will proceed with Gardai / ISPCA involvement.
    That is disgusting to see,please call the Gardai on these inconsiderate people.
    That dog deserves far far better than that,all the ****e we complain about on shows like Joe Duffy but they would never highlight cases like this instead.
    Op you've done great work bringing this to attention now it's time to let these people answer to the law and enforce the rights of an animal as unfortunately it's up to you to be the voice of that poor little pup.

I know that :( As I said though, I feel I have to give this woman the chance to sort this. If she makes no effort, or it's not sorted out properly, then I can proceed knowing she had the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Oh my god - that's just atrocious. Take the dog in yourself, inform the authorities. Those people are not fit to have an animal! I'd feel guilty if I didn't bring my dog for a walk one day if it was lashing out, let alone leave him alone for any extended period of time.

Where is this btw?

Can I just say also - if the poor dog is left there barking etc - it could encourage the management to enforce a ban on everyone keeping dogs.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Oh my god - that's just atrocious. Take the dog in yourself, inform the authorities. Those people are not fit to have an animal! I'd feel guilty if I didn't bring my dog for a walk one day if it was lashing out, let alone leave him alone for any extended period of time.

Where is this btw?

We can't take him in - number 1, that's theft. Number 2, we're on adjacent balconies, but no access.
    It's in Santry Cross (border of Santry & Ballymun).

• Advertisement

I understand. However, for the sake of a few hours, I feel that it's only right to give the friend the chance to sort out the dog. Bulldozing ahead will not look well if this ever has to be explained, whereas she now has the chance to resolve it.

Apologies, I should have added that the neighbour has asked the owners if the dog can come inside, and is awaiting a reply. If the answer is no, then I will proceed with Gardai / ISPCA involvement.

I know that :( As I said though, I feel I have to give this woman the chance to sort this. If she makes no effort, or it's not sorted out properly, then I can proceed knowing she had the chance.

Well done and I think that this is the wise and right course of action. For all concerned and especially the dog.

You have caught them out and challenged them. Often such a course can resolve matters for the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Please report this asap. I wouldnt give it longer than the morning before reporting it. Is the neighbour going to take the dog in?? The dog absolutely cannot live on this balcony for a month, end of.

Please report it before you regret doing so. The dog is obviously suffering already so please dont leave it any longer.

andreac wrote: »
    Please report this asap. I wouldnt give it longer than the morning before reporting it. Is the neighbour going to take the dog in?? The dog absolutely cannot live on this balcony for a month, end of.

Please report it before you regret doing so. The dog is obviously suffering already so please dont leave it any longer.

I won't be giving her until morning. She was told this morning before I went to work, and she said she would do it today. If she doesn't, then that's it. That dog will not live there any longer than it has to.

TBH at the moment, the dog has calmed down so much just with us giving it a wee visit every so often. He's chewing the Bonio in his flower pot right now. But believe me, this will be resolved one way or another sharpish.

Does he literally only have that square you can see in the pic??

Yes.
    It's literally 5ft x 4.5ft.
    We measured the same area on our balcony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Yes.

Why not just get him out of there. If you don't want hassle with the neighbours I will do it.

There is no excuses that dog needs out of there. His friendlyness is a plea for help.

• Advertisement

650Ginge wrote: »
    Why not just get him out of there. If you don't want hassle with the neighbours I will do it.

There is no excuses that dog needs out of there. His friendlyness is a plea for help.

Thanks for the reply, but please read the thread or at least my replies - I've already said it twice; we can't just grab him because:

A) It's theft, which is illegal
    B) We're 4 stories up with no access to their balcony bar me doing a Spiderman and climbing over.

Yes.

Omg, that is unreal :(:(

A flower pot for shelter, a bowl of yellowed water with faeces floating in it, surrounded by his own waste, no walks, no companionship. Just.....:(

Atleast he has someone looking out for him who cares now, well done and fair play. Hopefully there will be a happy ending to this story, keep updated OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

The Gardai must be called. Let us know the outcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Sean Bateman

Shocking stuff.

My worry is that the poor dog will end up being put down if you call the Gardai or ISPCA without a ready made solution.

Would they come out and sanction you taking the dog?

• Advertisement

Op if there is a danger of that happening I will take the dog down the west.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

I agree with you guys here, the dogs is not to be left in this state. But as stated the OP has to be careful and the dogs further welfare is important. Im also aware that the dog might be in trouble when the owner comes home to the not so friendly welcome. Ive seen dogs being punished by owners for less, my gut instinct is that the dog needs to come out of there immediately regardless of who removes it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

When I was around 10 or 11, I remember our neighbour having dogs. I could hear them bark all the time, but could never see them.

After hearing them whimper and bark for 3 hours, I waited until evening before sneaking into the neighbours back field to see if the dogs were ok.

There was a reason I never saw them. There was a reason I never heard barking coming from anywhere but one position.

The dogs were locked up in a rusted abandoned car with a 5 cm gap in one of the windows. The chairs had been ripped out. They were literally up to their own ankles in faeces and were being fed scraps that were being dumped onto the faeces. As far as I could see, they were never let out and they looked in terrible condition.

I immediately told my parents who reported it and the dogs were taken away.

One of the proudest moments of my life. I contemplated not telling anyone in case I got the neighbours into trouble, but had I not, I would have regretted it more than anything in my life.

OP, your instinct to act is correct. Call the relative authorities and get the dog out of these deplorable conditions.

Well done for giving this the attention it deserves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I am disgusted by this - once again, fair play to you OP for trying to fix it.

Personally, I think regardless of today's outcome, the ISPCA and police need to be contacted. Cruelty to animals should not be tolerated, and they should be reported for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭noddyone2

I lived beside people in Sligo whose children's idea of fun was to swing their kitten by the tail against a wall. I nicked the kitten and found it a really good home. Pity I couldn't have drowned the brats and their parents. What breed of dog is it? Someone will offer a home, I'm sure.

This thread has really unsettled me. I dont like the mentality of owners who think it is ok to leave their dog in this god awful state.

If the Gardai were called I am pretty certain they would have this sorted out to the benefit of this poor dog. They would ask the DSPCA to meet them at the apartment and would authorize permission for the dog to be removed and handed over to the care of (I would presume) the DSPCA.

I am very uncomfortable with allowing the so called owners to sort this out. I would highly doubt they will say its ok to bring the dog inside (and even if they did will the poor thing get any care for the month? What if he is just left inside without food or water?

If the minder takes the little thing away - where is he going? They could stick him in a cage inside the house and no one will know.

You know the right thing, the moral thing to do regardless is to inform the gardai and ask them to work with the relevant SPCA. Please do this. For the sake of this little dog please hand this matter over to the authorities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

oh god this is awful, your pictures are really unsettling. i cant believe they've left this guy for a month in that tiny space. i wouldnt leave my guy over night in a fine size garden!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

The problem with giving the woman a chance is you're not sure whether you're giving her a chance to fix the problem, or to hide it.
    => report it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

We can't take him in - number 1, that's theft. Number 2, we're on adjacent balconies, but no access.
    It's in Santry Cross (border of Santry & Ballymun).

lymewood mews eh? i used to live there... nice apts

honestly just call the dscpa to come take it away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

OP, you're doing the right thing giving the "friend" time to correct the problem (though the neighbors really don't deserve such decent behavior imo).
    Do you have a contact number for them to call today if they don't get back to you?
    At least should it come to the ISPCA you've plenty of evidence. There'll be no deigning that you neighbors do not deserve a dog.

You're certainly doing everything you can for that dog, I wish more people were like yourself and your girlfriend. Please keep us posted on the poor pup.

• Advertisement
Advertisement