Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

really tempting

• 25-06-2012 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

A refurbished ipad 2 16gb wifi on the apple store is only 319€

Im thinking of getting it but still undecieded,

Ive always wanted an ipad but just couldnt fork out 500€ for one!!!

The new ipad is 479€ but i dont think an extra 160€ is worth it for retina display! I have the iphone 4s and when i compare it to a 2g ipod touch i do see a difference! But when u hold them far aways from your face i dont really see much of a difference! By far i mean the distance you would hold the ipad!!

Im thinking i might get it!! Someone sway me one way or the other!! 160€ could get a good few other things!!

Oh i know the New ipad has a better camera but that aint a deciding factor!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭checkcheek

Close thread

I gave in and bought a ipad 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

checkcheek wrote: »
    Close thread

Hhhmmm, you now have me tempted, damn you :mad::pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Close thread

Good, enjoy. TBH, the screen on my iPad 2 is brilliant anyway. I'd normally rush for the newer model, but I don't see the point at the moment.

Pad came today. Really glad I got it. Screens really good. And I use an iPhone 4s so I don't find much of a difference. Well worth 300€.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

How did you manage to get one? Through apple or privately?

Ive been looking at the refurbs for a while but the 16GB is nearly always out of stock

• Advertisement

djdunny wrote: »

Ive been looking at the refurbs for a while but the 16GB is nearly always out of stock

I've been thinking about it for awhile. But I deffo decided to get one at the weekend. Looked at the refurbished section on the apple store website. But all the 16 gb were sold out. Had a quick look on Monday evening and they were in stock so I bought one. Keep an eye on the site. I still don't think the iPad 3rd gen is worth an extra 160€. The screen on the iPad 2 is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Keep checking, it was out of stock when I checked last Wednesday but managed to get one on Thursday.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Keep checking, it was out of stock when I checked last Wednesday but managed to get one on Thursday.

They have such fast delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

They have such fast delivery

Yep. I ordered on monday evening. It was delivered today at 2pm. Unfortunately I'm away till tomorrow :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

I've been thinking about it for awhile. But I deffo decided to get one at the weekend. Looked at the refurbished section on the apple store website. But all the 16 gb were sold out. Had a quick look on Monday evening and they were in stock so I bought one. Keep an eye on the site. I still don't think the iPad 3rd gen is worth an extra 160€. The screen on the iPad 2 is amazing

Will iOS 6 work on the iPad tho that's the question? I was looking at a refurb one but said I'd hold out until I found this out. iPad 2 has the A4 chip like iPhone 4 which will not run iOS 6 unlike the new A5 iPad 3 and iPhone 4s

• Advertisement

fox007 wrote: »
    Will iOS 6 work on the iPad tho that's the question? I was looking at a refurb one but said I'd hold out until I found this out. iPad 2 has the A4 chip like iPhone 4 which will not run iOS 6 unlike the new A5 iPad 3 and iPhone 4s

Tbh what is iOS 6 gomma have that's so good. I have a second gen iPod that runs iOS 3 but it's still really good and I've had it 4 years. When apple update their iOS it's usually only one big new feature. So I'm happy I bought mine. At a little over 300€ ud be hard pushed to find another tablet that's cheaper and better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

iOS 6 will run on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad 2 and iPad (3rd generation)

Battleflag wrote: »
    iOS 6 will run on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4th generation, iPad 2 and iPad (3rd generation)

Ye I see that it will. Supposedly the new chip in the iPad 3 is just to power the retina display.

While I'm on about retina display if ur worried the iPad 2 will look bad if u have an iPhone 4s I wouldnt worry. The screen is amazing on the iPad 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Have Apple ever sold refurbished iPhones?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have Apple ever sold refurbished iPhones?

Not in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Waiting for the white 16gb to be back in stock, checking the site religiously the past couple of days with no luck.

The wifi + 3G is always in stock, but I will be tethering to my phone when I'm out, so I don't really need that version.

Advertisement