Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic Engineering?

• 25-06-2012 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Its a 3 year course in CIT, right?
    Over those 3 year what modules do you do?
    And after finishing it what jobs would be open for me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

iDann wrote: »
    Its a 3 year course in CIT, right?

I'd imagine the course length is specified somewhere on the cit website, look it up yourself.
    Over those 3 year what modules do you do?

www. modules.cit.ie
    And after finishing it what jobs would be open for me?

You could be a detective or researcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

You can do a three or four year course.
    3 - Level 7
    4 - Level 8

The course is common for first year anyway.

Jobs? Job opportunities are endless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    You can do a three or four year course.
    3 - Level 7
    4 - Level 8

The course is common for first year anyway.

Jobs? Job opportunities are endless!

1) You say that the course is common for first year, I have compared the modules for CR061 (Level 7) and CR590 (Level 8) and it appears to me that the first three years of the Level 8 course are exactly the same as the Level 7 course. Am I right in making this assumption?

2) Anybody know if a person is automatically granted a place in year 4 of the level 8 course once they achieve the required percentage upon completing the level 7 course?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Username99 wrote: »
    1) You say that the course is common for first year, I have compared the modules for CR061 (Level 7) and CR590 (Level 8) and it appears to me that the first three years of the Level 8 course are exactly the same as the Level 7 course. Am I right in making this assumption?

If the listed modules are the same yes.
    Username99 wrote: »
    Anybody know if a person is automatically granted a place in year 4 of the level 8 course once they achieve the required percentage upon completing the level 7 course?

Don't think its automatic but if you get a high enough grade it is not a problem. I remember reading about it somewhere but I cant find where exactly. They talk about it here. I think in the info on some courses it lays out the progression route for going up to a level 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭iDann

Thanks for the Info :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement