Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to fishing

Options
  • 25-06-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hi lads, yesterday I went fishing for the first time with a friend who has been doing it for a few years, and I want to get some equipment together myself and hopefully start catching some fish of my own. I was hoping someone on this forum could point me in the direction of what type of rod to buy, some good places to go fishing for a learner or maybe some beginners tips in general? I am honestly fairly clueless, if it helps yesterday we went fishing at a lake for carp, we caught nothing. :p

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

What sort of fishing are you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Sea fishing?
    Spinning on lakes / rivers?
    Coarse fishing?
    Fly fishing?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

Honestly I do not know, yesterday was my first time ever fishing and that was fishing for carp. I there easier fishing than that? Is a certain type of fish easier to fish for, like for a beginner? I will travel to good places because it would be a nice chance to explore nice parts of the country.

Well if you're looking for easy fishing then course fishing is probably the best to start with. You do need to make up your mind based on where you live though otherwise you'll end up with a heap of gear for different types of fishing and no interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

I live in Limerick and I know of a few places here where people fish, is it illegal to fish in certain places? I won't be keeping any fish I catch they will all be returned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

viper123 wrote: »
    Well if you're looking for easy fishing then course fishing is probably the best to start with. You do need to make up your mind based on where you live though otherwise you'll end up with a heap of gear for different types of fishing and no interest.

Even easier than catching mackeral?? Do course fish jump into the keepnet of their own accord :D

Even easier than catching mackeral?? Do course fish jump into the keepnet of their own accord :D

For 10 months of the year, yes.

Advertisement