Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 25mb or do I need 50mb?

• 25-06-2012 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Just signed up today for the 25mb broadband and home phone package. We don't play games but would like to be able to watch Youtube clips without waiting 10 minutes for them to load :rolleyes:. I download a bit of music but nothing serious. Should I have gone for the 50mb deal or am I safe enough with the 25mb one?

I also got 4 months half price :D

And no, no connection to UPC :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

No, 25mb is fine, you should be able to stream HD content without any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

I have the 25mb also, it's more than enough speed for what you need it for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Chances are you'll get upgraded to 30 for free

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

Just signed up today for the 25mb broadband and home phone package. We don't play games but would like to be able to watch Youtube clips without waiting 10 minutes for them to load :rolleyes:. I download a bit of music but nothing serious. Should I have gone for the 50mb deal or am I safe enough with the 25mb one?

I also got 4 months half price :D

And no, no connection to UPC :P

Planning on going on the same boards offer.did you get a free modem?how much did you pay in total for the 1 st month?
    Hope u don't mind me asking
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'm a heavy user, i watch a ton of HD youtube, stream everything i own, watch netflix all the time, and play games on consoles and the PC.

I'm able to do this with ease with 25Mb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Yep agree with everyone above. I have the 25gb package which has been upped to 30gb. I use my PS3 to watch netflix by proxy, no problem with HD content. Speed test is showing 20ish wirelessly so no complaints.

Advertisement