Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vote for Waterford - The Today FM Big Holiday

Options
  • 25-06-2012 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

As ye might have seen, in the Random/General Chat Thread, I have been looking for people to vote for Waterford as the host to the Last Word with Matt Cooper (It's a political & current affairs show) on the Today FM website.

We are up against Wexford and Kilkenny for the hosting gig. It will basically be free advertising from a national platform for a whole week worth of shows, why wouldn't we want that! Problem is, after we took an early lead, Wexford have blown us out of the water and now the Cats have overtaken us! We need votes! Get voting and don't forget you are allowed to vote once a day!

Here is the link.

Screen_Shot_2012_06_25_at_161035.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The widespread sales of Wexford strawberries has obviously been highly influential! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I'm not sure how yet but this must have something to do with Mick Wallace! *Boo! Hiss!* Lol :p

I should say also, to share it on Facebook and Twitter and all that! Waterford Chamber has just tweeted it! This could be the greatest comeback since Lazarus! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭daaave

just voted there and seen that we now have 19% of the votes.

daaave wrote: »
    just voted there and seen that we now have 19% of the votes.

Yeeaaah... not looking good now folks!

Screen_Shot_2012_06_26_at_093531.png

C'mon people, let's get voting! Share it on Facebook! Do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Just voted, Waterford have about 300 where wexford has 900 !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Voted Waterford and Matt Cooper...free publicity

I'm afraid to say we're fighting an uphill battle, the yellowbellies have too much of a lead methinks :o

Screen_Shot_2012_06_26_at_153856.png

But keep voting lads, you never know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Just voted, Wexford has some lead :eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Something odd about the votes. Wexfords leads is very suspicious tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I can't vote on that one but I can with the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Sully wrote: »

Very odd alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just voted but the stats seems a bit skewed. Here is the current poll.

todayfmpoll.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Sully wrote: »

Between this and those 9/11 conspiracy theories I really don't know what to think anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

I voted on that only last night and Waterford were way ahead, something funny definitely going on there!!!

Maybe I'll flag it with Today FM... don't want to be seen as a bad loser though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I recieved an email yesterday from the Inchydoney Island Hotel (I'd stayed there last year), asking for me to vote for West Cork on the TodayFM Big Holiday. Maybe several businesses in Wexford have done similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

Waterford people are just not voting. This was shared on a load of popular Waterford websites, Facebook pages, Twitter etc yet only a few hundred votes.

Also, you can vote multiple times from the same computer.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I voted on that only last night and Waterford were way ahead, something funny definitely going on there!!!

How, in a matter of hours, do Kilkenny significantly jump the lead?

What. The. F*ck.

Screen_Shot_2012_06_27_at_140648.png

:eek:

Jason Todd wrote: »
    What. The. F*ck.

Screen_Shot_2012_06_27_at_140648.png

:eek:

Yeah it's a bit mad. Although, I haven't seen any Waterford businesses or any people on my Facebook pushing it so maybe people just don't know about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

1. Waterford / 20.1% ChartImage.axd?UseSession=false&ImageName=BEuQfsv5b2YhUpA3R4fhLorA4GzdLFtj74IhRonVUqdwrLskgFEl4AiHrg67n%2ba8qBujVoQvQ%2bnPMV6yhgOH%2bZ%2fBbR1RYQwnhnqVH0mL1ME%3d&imageFormat=Png
    2. Kilkenny / 34.3% ChartImage.axd?UseSession=false&ImageName=BEuQfsv5b2YhUpA3R4fhLuDzXHcmGAB3Dj%2f49kPNWXkMHo2iZtpFqrNvjJeUrxCx410ZzXNdFHfzlnWGsw5ownKJHw0hT6xvJ5P2QMzAD3U%3d&imageFormat=Png
    3. Wexford / 45.6% ChartImage.axd?UseSession=false&ImageName=BEuQfsv5b2YhUpA3R4fhLnhW1flMmLwEOHAM4AwprNM6k8kzLRDWYTcEWa8GcA9iRahg%2fBsfq%2f4tUrdMrmGdjMEexLIg%2fNp9CEPFen5K6Pg%3d&imageFormat=Png

See that?! Wexford have 1798 votes, 1798 rebellion anyone? If that's not proof that this is fixed I don't know what it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its a stick up, stitch up, whatever.

or the jungle telegraph works better in Wexford.

Nice one everyone, we've broken the 1000 votes barrier...

only problem is Wexford have broken the 2000 votes barrier!!

On the plus side we have 22.2% of the vote, our highest yet!

Voting closes at midnight tonight! Keep voting!

Screen_Shot_2012_06_28_at_101404.png

:)

Looks like we're a solid 1,000 behind Wexford. It's been that way for a couple of days now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

145273 population of Wexford
    113707 population of Waterford
    Might explain some of it.

That time of the year again lads, ha ha!

This year Tony Fenton's show has Waterford as an option. If you're a fan of T-Bone, or TodayFM or even just Waterford getting free good publicity then give an aul vote here.

4zJxCK.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

voted for T Fenton + Waterford. Chap needs some good Waterford humour as he is battling cancer again. Plays decent music too in fairness to him

G'wan Waterford! Keep on voting!

5EgiMy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

When will they close the polls?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure actually, I thought I heard them say it was a Thursday, so maybe this Thursday or next? I'm totally open to correction on that though! :o

Edit: Thursday 30th May (Midnight) is the closing date!

Advertisement