Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruger VT

Options
  • 25-06-2012 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Anyone own or know someone who owns a ruger vt in .223, I'd be interested in knowing how it shoots and what ammo it likes, hard to find much about them on the web. Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

I dont know about the 223 but I had one in 220 swift and one in 204 and they were both very accurate.
    I see the 223 model has a 1/9 twist so it should handle most of the ammo available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steyrman2

Hi i had one in a swift a few years back few things i found out the hard way
    triggers need work
    bolt sloppy but gets better the more rounds or lap it works
    ruger make the own mounts and the come with rifle
    choose your scope because eye relief is not great because of the mounts dont move as there are slots milled out for them
    good shooters imo good wide forend and nice grey bull barrel good cleaning out of the box and there tack drivers good luck and enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Have shot a newer one in .243 and it was a really nice gun. The newer trigger Ruger puts in it (a two-stage target version) is actually rather nice, especially if you're familiar with two-stage triggers at all. Was very, very accurate too. Heavy, but super accurate, and certainly not really any heavier than other rifles in the same class.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭virminhunter

I dry fired it in the shop a few times it was a nice light crisp break and I really liked the two stage trigger but then again what feels light in the shop can feel heavy when your actually shooting it, if worse comes to worse a mate of mine has a lighter spring for it.

Love the mauser action too, I'll give the lugs a lap if needs be.

Thanks for the replies lads, its looking promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I dry fired it in the shop a few times it was a nice light crisp break and I really liked the two stage trigger but then again what feels light in the shop can feel heavy when your actually shooting it, if worse comes to worse a mate of mine has a lighter spring for it.

No, it's actually just nice shooting it. The second stage of the trigger feels like less than two pounds to me. Very easy setup to shoot. I'd go for it if I were you, great gun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

Dont lap the lugs as you may do more harm than good.

Advertisement