Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which van would be best?

• 25-06-2012 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Hi folks im just looking for some advice/opinions, im looking to get a van it needs to be able to seat 2 passengers in the front iv had a look on done deal and all that seems to be on them are berlingos/kangoos...... i like the berlingo but unfortunately it only has the 1 passenger seat, is there any other van that would be reliable, im looking to spend - max 1500, and i will be traveling over 500kms a week so being comfy would be a nice option too:D

Would love some ideas if ye have em.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You need to be looking at the likes of the Citroen Dispatch/Peugeot Expert/Fiat Scudo. They are all pretty much the same van with different batches but seat 3 up front including the driver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

transit and hiace also seat 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Cheers yeah i like the idea of a transit, a swb one would do the finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Big panel vans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Have you looked at a Nissan Primastar?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Buy a hiace. I've been there, done that with every make, model and type of van. I bought a Hiace again this week to use myself, and all I'm wondering now is why the feck did I ever waste my time with all those other vans. I've a load of vans, they will be replaced 1 by 1 now, with hiaces. Less grief all round. I will buy another before the end of the week. Simply the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Don't the gearboxes fail in every one of these? Any that I know have....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭veetwin

Yeah OP Transit is really the daddy of all vans. Nicer to drive and more comfortable than alot of modern cars. I drive one long distances occasionally for work and they are the business. Handling on the SWB can be a bit skittish if it's empty. Great all rounder though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Yup , I'd say say dispatch/ relay/scudo as well , drives like a car ,fairly comfy (unlike a hiace) 3 seats ...
    Pretty reliable, tough. I know of some very high milage dogged ones that keep going... Biggest drama are the locks..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    Yup , I'd say say dispatch/ relay/scudo as well , drives like a car ,fairly comfy (unlike a hiace) 3 seats ...
    Pretty reliable, tough. I know of some very high milage dogged ones that keep going... Biggest drama are the locks..

Im gonna be really stupid and say i dont like the look of those vans so im definitely thinking towards a transit/traffic tc, my dad had a dispatch got rid of it and now wants to get one again so they must be good alrite as he is a metal fabricator that fills its to the brim but again the looks put me off it....i know its a stupid reason for not wanting it.

Yeah i had a look at them alright a mate of mine has one so ill give it drive and see how it is

• Advertisement

veetwin wrote: »
    Yeah OP Transit is really the daddy of all vans. Nicer to drive and more comfortable than alot of modern cars. I drive one long distances occasionally for work and they are the business. Handling on the SWB can be a bit skittish if it's empty. Great all rounder though.

Whats the transit like on fuel ill be doing alot of motorway driving

S28382 wrote: »
    Whats the transit like on fuel ill be doing alot of motorway driving
    Heavy enough. The Traffic murders it in the economy stakes. I have 4 Transits, box body and vans. The box is the 115 hp model and it is great for power, not so great for economy. The others are 90, 100 hp. All need another gear(5sp boxes), and all rust. Its what transits do. They also eat wheel bearing, starters, flywheels.

A trafic is a gem to drive, really comfortable , and light on fuel ... Don't know if I'd buy an older one , not the most robust of vans !!!! Have friends who had a couple of older transits (02 on) , unreliable and expensive....don't know what the newer ones(07,08) are like, think they're better .
    Hi-ace is tough out but not comfortable if you're going to spend time in it... and very heavy on juice....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Just though Mitsubishi L200 or 300 or something like that , nice three seater, reliable no idea what it's like on juice but not huge and I think it's a three seater....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Markcheese wrote: »
    A trafic is a gem to drive, really comfortable , and light on fuel ... Don't know if I'd buy an older one , not the most robust of vans !!!! Have friends who had a couple of older transits (02 on) , unreliable and expensive....don't know what the newer ones(07,08) are like, think they're better .
    Hi-ace is tough out but not comfortable if you're going to spend time in it... and very heavy on juice....[/QUOTE]
    They're just not, no, not, no, no, no. They are no diff on juice to a transit, if not better, they are comfy and they are way faster than a transit. I spend my working day driving both. Hiace is nicerer. Transit is like a wendy house with an elastic band between you and every control input. Traffics drive lovely, and are VERY economical but unless someone else was fixing it for me for free, I'd not have one. I'd kill it so often it wouldn't be funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Don't the gearboxes fail in every one of these? Any that I know have....

Wasn't aware of that legend myself. I paid a little extra and got one because I liked the Nissan reliability and I found it to be extremely versatile and quite good on the juice.

Advertisement