Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IMMORTAL FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS

• 25-06-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

immortal returns on the 24nov in clanree letterkenny
    we are asking any clubs who would like fighters on our show to get in touch we will also be doing a 66kg pro a 4 man tournament 2 fights on the night with the winner taking 2000 euro 2nd 600 euro and other 2 guys 250 euro thanks guys look forward to hearing from you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭troygracie

First confirmed fighter for the 4 man tourney Brian Moore sbg

first pro fight confirmed
    Chris Stringer V Tom Maguire
    Team Kabon Spirit MMA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Pro card so far
    Chris stringer V Tom maguire
    team kaobon spirit mma

Paddy doherty V richie edgeworth
    torres jj team ryano

tommy mc cafferty V rhys parker
    torres jj England

richie gorey V Ryan copeland tbc
    pedro bessa England

gavin kelly V Luke o neill
    evolve red dragon

4 man tournament
    Brian Moore sbg
    conor dillon
    Stuart Davies England
    doni miller dnft Scotland

thanks guys more to follow
    this is gonna be a staked show and for only 25 euro for a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

This is as good as any card in the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24 hendy

serious card so far..

Pro A
    Paddy mc Bride rillon gracie V Peter Queally sbg

C class
    Ciaran Boyle lisnafin mma V Levi Kehoe sbg
    Marcus Monaghan ff V Glen Irvine immortal

Change to fight card pro a
    Richie Gorey V Tommy Quinn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Can't wait for this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Jason McCabe

It's a bit sad that this thread only has 10 or so posts

Shocking card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

11 post's on my thread on the Rumble and 6 are mine, Unfortunately Irish MMA is not well supported on here.

This Immortal card is as good as any pro card you will see in fairness.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Meh some people just don't know how good they get it with fighters from some of the top gyms in europe competing with guys from kaobon and dinky ninjas its a shame. Looking forward to it though if I can get it off work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

cowzerp wrote: »
    11 post's on my thread on the Rumble and 6 are mine, Unfortunately Irish MMA is not well supported on here.

This Immortal card is as good as any pro card you will see in fairness.

Think its a lot to do with location. If its central to Dublin it will get more comments. Team Ryano is similar to these two and they get a lot of comments because its usually in the regency hotel.
    People arent really going to travel to Donegal if Rush is a bit of an inconvenience for them. Only my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Think its a lot to do with location. If its central to Dublin it will get more comments. Team Ryano is similar to these two and they get a lot of comments because its usually in the regency hotel.
    People arent really going to travel to Donegal if Rush is a bit of an inconvenience for them. Only my opinion.

I hear you but it's easy for people to get on and just say that looks class etc..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Yeah, know what you mean. Lazy tyre kicking. I think the main thing is to put all the resources into promoting locally.
    Just an idea but to generate more interest you could think of live blogging the event. Ok were still just here but it builds a kind of air of importance about the event and people would make efforts to be there next time.
    They do it in most live poker tournaments in Ireland even moderate ones and it generates great interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭matrat

Immortal always put on great cards and great atmospheres. If i was to have any criticism it would be the same as i have with battlezone, if u wnt people to follow a thread then u need to be constantly updating it. A full fight card both pro and amateur for example wouldnt go amiss. Especially when both shows match up very good amateur bouts!

On a side nite, am i the only one who would like to see tommy mc cafferty take or get a bit more of a challenge?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 venum

matrat tommy mc caffs last fight was a challenge, if davies had of got the triangle on 10 seconds before he was puttin him to sleep, the bell saved hi, davies had him in serious bother then, apparantly davies broke his hand which obviously affected him, imo tommy was lucky to win that fight, davies ground game is gettin alot better too, tommy is obviously working on his ground game and wrestling so id say he would wouldnt be willing to fight the likes of norman parke just yet. he will obviously get ate up if he met a good wrestler/bjj guy, just my tuppance anyway, hes far from the finished article of a top pro mma fighter but im sure he will do wat it takes to get there as he had done is his kickboxin career

Im not sayin for a second he suld takin on anyone near that level but a guy on the irish circuit with 1 or 2 pro fights aswel is all id like to see. See how he racks up to the likes of the new pros like quelly or mcbride. Just spoils it for me to take over a uk guy whos 0,7, when the country is full of lightweights of varyin levels to test him

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mmmm...not sure

Rhys Parker sherdog record could be wrong because according to his own facebook he is a pro champion!! Maybe could get some clarification from the promoter? i agree with tommy fighting good opponents but like been stated his ground game was exposed in davies fight.

Looking forward to this card looks a great night of action

• Advertisement

Hi guys just to reply to a few points there as when i enquired about rhys parker as possible match up for tommy mc cafferty i was told by parker that his pro record was 2-2 and that he was the bcmma champion so thought it was good match up for tommy . Tommy is moving also to 66 for this fight . Thanks again guys for the good comments on the show i try to put on as good as card as i can get and for only 25 euro its well worth a trip to donegal i will have full c class card next week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭SBG Ireland

troygracie wrote: »
    Hi guys just to reply to a few points there as when i enquired about rhys parker as possible match up for tommy mc cafferty i was told by parker that his pro record was 2-2 and that he was the bcmma champion so thought it was good match up for tommy . Tommy is moving also to 66 for this fight . Thanks again guys for the good comments on the show i try to put on as good as card as i can get and for only 25 euro its well worth a trip to donegal i will have full c class card next week

conor puts on shows for the genuine love of the sport and will always be supported by SBG even if he calls amateur fights 'c class' :)

Definitely worth the trip, always stacked with talent and great fights, cant wait for this card, easily the best pro card seen out of dublin and best in ireland for quite a while!

Just a update on the pro card john cullen dnft will replace doni miller in the 4 man tourney

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dylandub

This could be card of the year!!! Gonna be travelling up for this one for sure.

Cant wait for this, any chance of a full card??

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 14 venum

cant wait myself, last one was brilliant, was great seein norman parke in action cageside, and as for ryhs parker fighting tommy mc caff, bit of a walkover that parker boy is ****in shockingly bad. will do nothin for tommys reputation gettin handed a whippin boy who WILL get smashed to pieces. the crowds goin to these know there mma bjj kickboxing etc and know whos who and whats what, a few vids on youtube of that boy parker are ****in really bad. hes awful

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ColGreen

venum wrote: »
    cant wait myself, last one was brilliant, was great seein norman parke in action cageside, and as for ryhs parker fighting tommy mc caff, bit of a walkover that parker boy is ****in shockingly bad. will do nothin for tommys reputation gettin handed a whippin boy who WILL get smashed to pieces. the crowds goin to these know there mma bjj kickboxing etc and know whos who and whats what, a few vids on youtube of that boy parker are ****in really bad. hes awful

Is this the same Rhys Parker that Tommy's fighting?

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Rhys-Parker-77933

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyGo0qDaR6k

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

any word on an updated card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 FatsyL

What happened to the Queally v McBride fight?? This was slated for this card? No?

Mcbride has pulled out due to injury also Brian Moore has pulled out of 4 man tournament and is replaced by mick brenan killkenny top pro . Also tommy Quinn has also pulled out of fight due to injury will have replacement in next day or 2

Full card able to be seen anywhere???

Advertisement