Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Truck hire for trip to the dump

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:14pm

Anybody here know of anybody that has a truck who could collect a load of old wood ( Old Shed ) for a trip to the dump. Its broken down into sections. I was going to get a skip , but its too little for that but also wouldnt fit. Any Help or ideas would be great .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Stick it on adverts as firewood for free. I am sure someone will want it and come to collect it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭iMADEtheBBC

Yes. I know a service - send me a PM and I'll dig out their business card and send you their number. They did a couple of jobs for me including moving stuff between two houses and doing a general house/garden clearing to the recycle center and dump. Turned up on time with no messing around so I can recommend them no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Where is the nearest Dump to Dublin 15? I remember going with my dad to Dunsink YEARS ago ! Massive place it was

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Where is the nearest Dump to Dublin 15? I remember going with my dad to Dunsink YEARS ago ! Massive place it was
    Coolmine Recycling Centre will take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Coolmine Recycling Centre will take it.

Cheers Pat, We constantly overflow our green bin can i just bring down black bags of recylcing and drop it in here free of charge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kev, 50 quid won't cover a van to enter a dump. Did he have a waste permit? Can he show you a receipt? Me thinks he may have dumped it illegally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Kev. wrote: »
    He has a Hiace van and we filled it to the max,he is going to dispose of it in the dump.

He charged me 50 euro.this includes the money has to pay for bin tags
    Sounds suspiciously cheap for a filled Hiace. Are you 100% sure he was legit?
    I believe that all waste collectors must have a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

He defo doesn't dump it illegally,he's not like that.

he said that he was getting bin tags for it,so wherever you dump stuff with bin tags that's the place,it could be the council place up in coolmine,not too sure...

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=17#details

Ive deleted my post because I want to have a word with him to find out exactly where it went

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Kev. wrote: »
    He defo doesn't dump it illegally,he's not like that.

he said that he was getting bin tags for it,so wherever you dump stuff with bin tags that's the place,it could be the council place up in coolmine,not too sure...

http://www.dublinwaste.ie/bring_bank.php?fac_pid=17#details

Ive deleted my post because I want to have a word with him to find out exactly where it went

click the link in your PDF. a van costs €128
    a small car/van like a golf, 206 etc costs €40

• Advertisement
Advertisement