Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor: On 12 month contract, they say 18 month

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, signed up for a 12 month 35 euro bill pay contract with meteor at first week on June 2011. Went looking to check out upgrading phone last week but was told that contract isn't up till 9/12/2012. My mymeteor details and by physical paper bills (35 euro) BOTH say 35 euro - 12 month contract.I contacted them by their web live agent thing and they told me that on their system I was on an 18 month contract and to contact Carphone Warehouse as that's where I signed the contract. I contacted them and they said that I should contact meteor. I've left a posting on Meteor's forum before contacting them again tomorrow but I was just checking to see if anyone else had the same issue 'cos I know they're just going to have me running round in circles between them.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If the contract you signed in good faith says 12 months and you have the contract in your possession then I can't see how they can refute it ! Your contract is with Meteor though so I'd be getting on to them to sort it out.

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Hi folks, signed up for a 12 month 35 euro bill pay contract with meteor at first week on June 2011. Went looking to check out upgrading phone last week but was told that contract isn't up till 9/12/2012. My mymeteor details and by physical paper bills (35 euro) BOTH say 35 euro - 12 month contract.I contacted them by their web live agent thing and they told me that on their system I was on an 18 month contract and to contact Carphone Warehouse as that's where I signed the contract. I contacted them and they said that I should contact meteor. I've left a posting on Meteor's forum before contacting them again tomorrow but I was just checking to see if anyone else had the same issue 'cos I know they're just going to have me running round in circles between them.
    Cheers

It seems quite clear cut to me, you have documents from meteor stating a 12 month contract. You should ask them to produce a copy of the 18 month contract with your signature if they continue to insist that you are on an 18 month cycle.

If they can't produce a contract and won't let you upgrade write a formal complaint possibly cc comreg as outlined in previous threads on this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

OK, an update. A bit of one, a bit of the other. Found the contract. The new contract (as of June 2011) is for 18 months, originally it was 12 months. However I have been paying the 12 month rate and my bills state I'm on the 12 month plan. So I'd better look for the difference in the plans back I suppose. Hmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

OK, an update. A bit of one, a bit of the other. Found the contract. The new contract (as of June 2011) is for 18 months, originally it was 12 months. However I have been paying the 12 month rate and my bills state I'm on the 12 month plan. So I'd better look for the difference in the plans back I suppose. Hmmmmmmmm

Did they give you a new phone in June 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Zab wrote: »
    Did they give you a new phone in June 2011?

Yeah, I got a new phone in June. Oh, I've no problem if it was 18 month. That's what I signed up for, that's what I'll do. It was just confusing when the statements and online said I was on the 12 month and I've been paying out the 12 month rate. It'll be fine, I'll get on to Meteor about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Yeah, I got a new phone in June. Oh, I've no problem if it was 18 month. That's what I signed up for, that's what I'll do. It was just confusing when the statements and online said I was on the 12 month and I've been paying out the 12 month rate. It'll be fine, I'll get on to Meteor about it.

Yeah, it just sounds like the online profile was never updated. Usually the length of the contract has more to do with the cost of the phone than the rate though (i.e. generally you get the same bundle cost for 12 or 18 month contracts in my experience).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

and I've been paying out the 12 month rate.
    Is it higher? You should ask for a refund then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Icepick wrote: »
    Is it higher? You should ask for a refund then.

yup, it's 12 * €35 or 18 * €30. OP, have you any add ons? e.g. texts, int calls etc

Advertisement