Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kildare girls

• 25-06-2012 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

I don't mean Dublin girls who moved there during the "tiger", I mean the real deal Kildare girls. Is Kildare Irelands "Essex"? I meet a lot of people in my line of work and Kildare girls are by far the strangest, least pleasant, vacuous people I've ever met.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

*updates chart*

Eastern European girls > other foreign girls > American girls > Irish girls > Kildare girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I'm from Dublin but I moved to Kildare during the recession!

So what happened you Andrew?
    What did she do to you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

No i wouldnt compare them to essex girls i would compare them to wanna be housewive reality tv or tallifornia d4 girls being honest..

Anytime i see wans with overdone perfume,fake tan(or no fake tan),towie wanna bees that are oirish roight, i think d4,or swords,or celbridge or somewhere,been to dublin recently and everywheres like that,all hair extensions and platforms and add on buns with fake nails..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So what happened you Andrew?
    What did she do to you?

*Holds out rag doll*

Show us on the doll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

! I am deeply offended. Are you including North Kildare, the rest of Kildare or both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Someone get Cill Dara Abu down here, he knows about one Kildare chick anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

this will end well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Post hot pics of kildare girls plox!!! 1111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Kildare women are no different than the rest of the women in this country and pretty much anywhere else.There are great,nice,decent,genuine,down to earth Kildare women and then there are roaring,evil,vindictive,stuck-up,miserable tramps of Kildare women also.It really is no different than anywhere else no matter what anyone says

I don't mean Andrews who moved here during the "tiger," I mean the real deal Andrews with the Tie fighters. Are Andrews Ireland's "Chads?" I meet a lot of people in my line of work, and Andrews are by far the strangest, least pleasant, vacuous people I've ever met.

See how easy it is OP?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

It's the ones that work in filling stations that you have to look out for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

so you got round to meeting both of them.

kingofmoo i presume you never been to kildare or dublin the amount of fake tan is quite unreal there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Rud wrote: »
    Kildare women are no different than the rest of the women in this country and pretty much anywhere else.There are great,nice,decent,genuine,down to earth Kildare women and then there are roaring,evil,vindictive,stuck-up,miserable tramps of Kildare women also.It really is no different than anywhere else no matter what anyone says

Well, now you are just being sensible :p

Of course you get all types everywhere. Pointless thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I don't mean Andrews who moved here during the "tiger," I mean the real deal Andrews with the Tie fighters. Are Andrews Ireland's "Chads?" I meet a lot of people in my line of work, and Andrews are by far the strangest, least pleasant, vacuous people I've ever met.

See how easy it is OP?
    ''Chads''?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

kingofmoo i presume you never been to kildare or dublin the amount of fake tan is quite unreal there..
    There's far more fake tan in Galway, imo...

I've been to both places, and I saw neither more nor less fake tan than I've seen anywhere else in the country.

What does that matter anyway? How does someone's fake tan affect other people, and why would someone judge them for it.

I hope this doesn't come as a surprise, but a lot of Irish women wear fake tan, as it's not so easy to get a natural one here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

What does Andrews mean?
    And what are Chads?

blueser wrote: »
    ''Chads''?

People called "Chad."

As opposed to "hanging chads."

Andrews are people called Andrew, shockingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

People have much more in common with others in the same profession than people who hail from the same place.

Doesn't bode well for you, OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

People called "Chad."

As opposed to "hanging chads."

Andrews are people called Andrew, shockingly.
    Oh; you mean ''chavs''? Riiight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Damn all these Ki-ildare girls, they only wanna do the dirt, they'll have you suicidal, suicidal when they say it's o-o-ver.

blueser wrote: »
    Oh; you mean ''chavs''? Riiight.

Eh, no, I mean people called "Chad."

Like veteran actor Chad Everett.

This has become needlessly confusing, but it's all my fault really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

Haha, whats wrong Americans again?
    *updates chart*

Eastern European girls > other foreign girls > American girls > Irish girls > Kildare girls

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Surely Kildare girls are no worse than Dublin girls? There's nothing wrong with the country girls at all.

Sided wrote: »
    Haha, whats wrong Americans again?

I've no idea myself, I've never had any problems with them, but I've come across many cases of whinging about them on here.

But opinion is a bit mixed, so they're around the middle of the chart.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

I've no idea myself, I've never had any problems with them, but I've come across many cases of whinging about them on here.

But opinion is a bit mixed, so they're around the middle of the chart.

Haha, whinging.. or whining? .. In what regard? Americans as in from the US? Are we speaking about appearance or intelligence? I'm curious now because I've heard that a lot of Irish don't particularly like Americans but I wasn't really sure of the story apart from the fact that many of you think they are ignorant, which is a pretty big generalization for such a large population but from my own experience is true in at least the education regarding geography and historical events apart from their own.

Sided wrote: »
    Haha, whinging.. or whining? .. In what regard? Americans as in from the US? Are we speaking about appearance or intelligence? I'm curious now because I've heard that a lot of Irish don't particularly like Americans but I wasn't really sure of the story apart from the fact that many of you think they are ignorant, which is a pretty big generalization for such a large population but from my own experience is true in at least the education regarding geography and historical events apart from their own.

Both whinging and whining. Same thing really, I suppose.

It's the ones from the US who get singled out. I think ignorance is mentioned a lot, though specific experiences with US girls don't seem to be brought up as often.

Personally, I've mostly had good experiences with them. There's lots around college every summer and many of them seem happy to strike up a friendly conversation with a suspicious-looking stranger like myself, and seem quite smart to boot.

I'd imagine that the boring truth is that like girls from Kildare or anywhere else, some American girls are great, some are not, and most are ok.

Well, now you are just being sensible :p

Of course you get all types everywhere. Pointless thread.

ya being honest fake tan or not,its their own business as long as it looks okay i suppose,i dont see the point to this thread either..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ya being honest fake tan or not,its their own business as long as it looks okay i suppose,i dont see the point to this thread either..
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

kildare village girls are NOT "kildare girls" ,and fake tan, nails and hair is not just a kildare thing look anywhere, you'll find girls the exact same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Stayed in Maynooth one saturday night years ago before an All-Ireland final as I had yet to discover Dublin and this mythical places known as coppers back then. Them Kildare girls were savage and I nearly missed the final the next day but I got a ticket for my new friend and all. It was only a weekend thing but Kerry won the All-Ireland the same day so it goes down as one my greatest weekends ever. Damn fine those Kildare lasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm not a fan of people from Kildare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

County Kildare girls they're unforgettable
    Daisy Dukes bikinis on top
    Pale white skin so hot
    They'll melt your Popsicle
    Oooooh oh oooooh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Build a bridge OP, a Newbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm a Dublin girl, living in Kildare the last 3 years and I have found most of them lovely girls.. few real b1tches too but you get that everywhere..

One thing I do find is that they can be quite cliquey..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

No i wouldnt compare them to essex girls i would compare them to wanna be housewive reality tv or tallifornia d4 girls being honest..

Anytime i see wans with overdone perfume,fake tan(or no fake tan),towie wanna bees that are oirish roight, i think d4,or swords,or celbridge or somewhere,been to dublin recently and everywheres like that,all hair extensions and platforms and add on buns with fake nails..

Overdone perfume: NO
    Fake tan: NO
    Wanna bee oirish roight: NO
    Hair extensions: NO
    Platforms: NO
    Add on buns: NO
    Fake nails: NO

I've escaped the Kildare curse:rolleyes:.
    bijapos wrote: »
    Someone get Cill Dara Abu down here, he knows about one Kildare chick anyway.
    Banned, reregged and banned again AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

! I am deeply offended. Are you including North Kildare, the rest of Kildare or both?

That's funny, I always thought of North Kildare as 'the rest', and South Kildare as real Kildare.

Ive seen fake tan on girls that looks quite good,when they choose the lightest shade possible as we have very fair features,the medium to dark looks ridic and orange totally plastered on,and with the bleached teeth and dyed hair looks tacky..

But some fake tan on girls looks great when its done right and they wear the right stuff with it and the hair and nails arent overdone...

It can look too fake when you have it all done streaky and dark..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... the amount of fake tan is quite unreal there..
    So, judging someone's grasp on reality by the quantity of fake tan used is a new depth to plumb even by AH standards. It's a truism but I'll point it out anyway, fake tan is unreal.

I just wish some of those allegedly dumb Americans / Tallfornians/ chavs / chads / Kildare ladies had contributed more to the thread, they'd have raised the quality of the discourse and the apparent IQ level.

Kildare girls? They're not baaahh-d Ted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭spotsanddots

Ha Ha..Lived in Kildare all my life..This topic is hilarious!!! But have to say I don't do the whole fake thing! (fake hair, fake nails, fake tan 24-7)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Just.. add-on buns :D

ya i have them too got them from pennys,they look okay as long as you dont over do it all with plaits and fakes everywhere..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Kildare girls tend to be very skittish.They tend to run away from you if you get too close. They also tend to be very lazy and just loll about all day, or when they're young they tend to prance about the place in a carefree manner but once they hit 3 or 4 they put on a lot of weight and tend to get very hairy. They usually get a man to shave them every summer when it's hot. They're grand cailíns but are very cliquey and tend to follow each other around in flocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Andrew33 wrote: »
    I don't mean Dublin girls who moved there during the "tiger", I mean the real deal Kildare girls. Is Kildare Irelands "Essex"? I meet a lot of people in my line of work and Kildare girls are by far the strangest, least pleasant, vacuous people I've ever met.

i think you might be looking in the wrong areas of kildare then.

Internet Rule #345:

The longer an OP takes to respond in a thread they started that didn't go as planned, the more likely they are to try to suggest that the posts disagreeing with him/her merely reinforce his/her point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

xzanti wrote: »
    I'm a Dublin girl, living in Kildare the last 3 years and I have found most of them lovely girls.. few real b1tches too but you get that everywhere..

One thing I do find is that they can be quite cliquey..

I'm definitely onto something.
    codrulz wrote: »
    kildare village girls are NOT "kildare girls" ,and fake tan, nails and hair is not just a kildare thing look anywhere, you'll find girls the exact same.

I never mentioned fake anything, it's their attitude I was referring to.
    baz2009 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of people from Kildare.

I'm not anti Kildare it's just "something" about them that I can't quite put my finger on (in?)

Ha Ha..Lived in Kildare all my life..This topic is hilarious!!! But have to say I don't do the whole fake thing! (fake hair, fake nails, fake tan 24-7)

Hmmm.
    Judging by the response, I'm guessing there's a bit of mileage in this yet....

Internet Rule #345:

The longer an OP takes to respond in a thread they started that didn't go as planned, the more likely they are to try to suggest that the posts disagreeing with him/her merely reinforce his/her point.
    I'm definitely onto something.

I never mentioned fake anything, it's their attitude I was referring to.

I'm not anti Kildare it's just "something" about them that I can't quite put my finger on (in?)

Hmmm.
    Judging by the response, I'm guessing there's a bit of mileage in this yet....

That was eerily quick, but unfortunately this didn't quite live up to my prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Internet Rule #345:

Apologies for my tardiness in replying, I had to go and do a bit of shopping. I'm not looking for agreement with my opinion (like you're ever going to get that on boards).
    Simply wanted a little bit of discourse on the subject.
    It's easy for posters to say "ah, you can say that about every county". I think every counties people have a certain essence which makes them slightly different to people from other counties?

Apologies for my tardiness in replying, I had to go and do a bit of shopping. I'm not looking for agreement with my opinion (like you're ever going to get that on boards).
    Simply wanted a little bit of discourse on the subject.
    It's easy for posters to say "ah, you can say that about every county". I think every counties people have a certain essence which makes them slightly different to people from other counties?

Personally, I don't think there's any major differences, having spread myself about a few counties. The country's just too small for that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement