Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best JC English Revision Book? :)

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering what JC revision book people found to be the best? I've studied To Kill A Mockingbird, are we're probably going to do Romeo And Juliet at the start of 3rd year (because everyone hated Julius Caesar in 2nd year).
    All advice needed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Meg meg

You can get a junior cert revise wise for "To Kill A Mocking Bird" (Well it's either a revise wise or a less stress more success - sorry can't remember )
    Or
    My daughter had a great one for Romeo and Juliet , it was the Fourm Publiciation one . Very clear and helpful with summaries at the end .

Would highly recommend them both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

To be quite honest I wouldn't bother getting one for JC English. I'd use website's like Sparknotes, Shmoop and Cliffnotes for some information on R&J and To Kill a Mockingbird and make up your own notes from them. For poetry there aren't many websites with notes on poems but figure out some type of note format and use it for notes on each poem.

There isn't much you can do for the Comprehension and Media Studies. Just practice and maybe some notes on advertising technicques, etc. in Media Studies.

For Personal/Functional Writing I'd advise you to look at different styles and types of writing and get samples to look at. Also, get used to writing them.

Good Luck :)

Advertisement