Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Micra won't start

Options
  • 25-06-2012 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,
    My Nissan Micra won't start unless I jump start it. I have changed the battery. Two mechanics have looked at it and said it wasn't the alternator but the electrics. I got a mechanic to check were any of the electrics draining the battery. He thought it was the lock on the boot but couldn't guarantee he was right. I got the boot lock changed and while it did improve it for awhile (it could be left for a day without being used and it would still start on its own the next day) it didn't solve the problem completely. That was a year ago, now it won't start at all unless it is jumped started, everytime. The man checking electrics said they can't guarantee that they can find the problem, I don't want to pay another 300euro to get electrics checked just to find out they don't know what the problem is. Anyone else have this problem or have any idea what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,449 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Fit a switch to the battery maybe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Use a cheap multimeter to find out if much current is being drawn from the battery when the car is switched off

Then start removing fuses one by one and putting them back in to see if you can find out where the problem is

Do you have a battery charger? Its unlikely but possible that you just got a shoite battery or that the alternator or something else has packed up since if it's been ok for a year.

What sort of driving do you do with it? If its a lot of short journeys then maybe the battery isn't getting much of a chance to fully charge and sitting in a near empty state for a long time doesn't do them batteries any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

What model micra is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 clarabellabee

eth0, you might be right, another mechanic has had a look and said that the battery was faulty. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisement