Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curly hair

• 25-06-2012 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33

Hi,
    I'm after getting a new product in the states called deva curl which is great for when I'm scrunch drying my hair!!only problem is I can't seem to find it in Ireland and can't get it delivered to Ireland! Just wondering whether anyone has heard of it or knows anywhere that I can buy it?? Otherwise I might have to go back to the straighteners :(

Or I heard curls rock by bed head might be good??would anyone know an Irish stockist??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi

You can buy it on Amazon.co.uk

Have seen Bed Head Products in TK Maxx in Blanch:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ruabriongloid

I remember sunsilk having this great serum for curly hair I used it like 6 years ago. It made it big, Volumized and really soft. I hate it when I apply some sort of gel or serum to my hair and it gets all hard and horrible bleh

But sunsilk have stopped making it I think ;o; dangit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Dabouche

I remember sunsilk having this great serum for curly hair I used it like 6 years ago. It made it big, Volumized and really soft. I hate it when I apply some sort of gel or serum to my hair and it gets all hard and horrible bleh

I know what you mean...this deva curl is amazing!!i hadn't scrunch dried my hair in nearly two years before I got it!!

Will try amazon again but I couldn't find it!!will check blanch too!!

Here's a link to the shampoo

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DevaCurl-No-Poo-Cleanser-355/dp/B000HIYE0M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340731127&sr=8-1

Don't know how much this is to post to here, so haven't ordered it myself. I do like their products and used to stock up on trips to the US. Since I haven't been there for a while, I have looked for alternatives here and have found the following:

I am currently using this shampoo (http://beaut.ie/blog/?s=haircare) and since its Sulphate Free its a good substitute... Using the Frizz Free one which I bought in Chicago, tried Boots in Blanch looking for it last night but they don't have it...

This (http://www.boots.com/en/Umberto-Giannini-Scrunching-Curl-Friends-Jelly-200ml_50951/) is a pretty good version of their AnGel Curl Gel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I went looking for this Sunsilk product recently and did a bit of research. They stopped making it as it was tested on animals... which, naturally, I'm against but it was a great product.

i'm sick of my curls being sticky and crunchy from s@*t product. I've tried so many and they're all pretty rubbish - even Kerastasse, I bought recently and it's not much good at all.

So, yeah, Sunsilk is discontinued unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 Dabouche

I'm after buying the umberto jelly so will let you know what it's like tomorrow!!
    Decided to order deva curl again and my friend is going to post it on for me..it really is the best thing ever!!if you have friends or family that can send it on for you from the states you should try it..I use the arc angel firm gel!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Pippy1976

I always found that Umberto jelly quite crispy when my hair dried. I'll be interested to know how you get on @Dabouche.

I've checked out the Curly Girl Method, have binned my silicone & sulphates shampoo & conditioners. Day 1 starts here! Hope to see some great results.

Curls are so unusual and people love them... we should be embracing them, not cursing them daily!! [like I do!]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

I have curly hair that can be quite frizzy and wild so have always straightened my hair. I was recommended a conditioner by a hairdresser recently and it is the best purchase I have ever made! Its called dark and lovely ultra cholesterol conditioner. Its for afro hair which I do not have so was rather dubious to begin with but its amazing!! I wash my hair with any old shampoo, put the conditioner on and leave it on for a few mins, wash it out and then leave my hair to dry naturally. I'm left with soft defined curls with no frizz or stickiness that I get with other products! I used to have an arsenal of hair products to tame my curls that cost me a small fortune, now I just use this conditioner (and bedhead thickening spray when I want my hair really big!) Recommend it to anyone who wants to embrace their curls but is tired of the products that leave them with sticky or crunchy hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Terrisales stocks Bed Head - not sure of they have the specific product Op mentions - give them a call?

I'm lately using KMS cream - really like it:

curl_up_control_creme.png

It's available online, but I've picked it up in House of Colour

Syndic wrote: »
    Its called dark and lovely ultra cholesterol conditioner.

Hi - where was the hairdresser that you go this is? i.e. is it for sale in Dublin?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Syndic

Sheela wrote: »
    Hi - where was the hairdresser that you go this is? i.e. is it for sale in Dublin?

Thanks

I was recommended this by my hairdresser but bought it in Boots in Jervis Centre. Only around €3. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Syndic wrote: »
    Sheela wrote: »

Thanks

I was recommended this by my hairdresser but bought it in Boots in Jervis Centre. Only around €3. :)
    does it make you're hair greasy at the roots?

Advertisement