Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trade-in values

Options
  • 25-06-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi lads,

I intend to trade in some of my unwanted games. Which store would you recommend, in terms of trade-in values?

I live in Limerick, so GameStop, HMV, Xtravision and Smyths are all available to me. There was GAME before, but it's gone now.

Some of the games I could trade in (in order of how much I think they would be worth) are:
    FIFA Street 4
    Modern Warfare 3
    Driver: San Francisco

I have some other games that are probably close to worthless, yet I might trade them in anyway.

I will most likely trade them in for store credit, there are not many games out that I have my eye on. I heard recently that Xtravision don't offer trade-ins for credit anymore, can anyone confirm this?

To sum up my post, where should I trade in my games?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

P.S. I know that trade-in values are much lower than before. Is it still worthwhile trading in games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

You'd be better off selling them over on Adverts. Financially anyway. Even older games will fetch a few bucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 gazotelli333

punk77 wrote: »
    You'd be better off selling them over on Adverts. Financially anyway. Even older games will fetch a few bucks.

Hi punk77,

Thanks for your reply. :) I will look into selling them through Adverts. I have never used it before though, have you had any good/bad experiences using it?

I'm still open to advice about trading in the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

hi i have found http://www.gamesnash.ie/ pretty decent send in a list with your games and they will send you an email with prices on it you will have to set up an account with them and you can buy games off them or microsoft visit website it will give you more information

hi i have found http://www.gamesnash.ie/ pretty decent send in a list with your games and they will send you an email with prices on it you will have to set up an account with them and you can buy games off them or microsoft visit website it will give you more information

Hi terryduff12,

Thanks for your reply. Seems like a decent site. Have you used it before?

Cheers for the link anyway, :) will look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I think xtravision can be better than Gamesnash for trading in some games.
    I traded in Dead island for 16 euros there whereas Gamesnash only give 15.
    I could have got 20 euro store credit but I don't buy games very often there so I went for the cash instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I would suggest you trade in Gamestop against an upcoming release, they've started giving back an extra 25% on trades off pre orders again, great offer and should work out very good with those titles

quinnd6 wrote: »
    I think xtravision can be better than Gamesnash for trading in some games.
    I traded in Dead island for 16 euros there whereas Gamesnash only give 15.
    I could have got 20 euro store credit but I don't buy games very often there so I went for the cash instead.

Thanks for the reply. Xtravision is the only one out of the four stores that I haven't traded in a game at. Do they usually give good prices for trade-ins?
    niallon wrote: »
    I would suggest you trade in Gamestop against an upcoming release, they've started giving back an extra 25% on trades off pre orders again, great offer and should work out very good with those titles

Thanks for the info about the offer. Having traded in games at GameStop before, I think, for newish games, they're quite good. I'll see if there's anything worth pre-ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭terryduff12

sure have being pretty decent with prices, have always tried prices against gamestop and xtravision pretty much as good and better sometimes unless you trade in for new game you can get 25% with gamestop thats if you wanna buy new. with gamenash you get your postage paid for so you get an extra 1.50 not much but it counts

sure have being pretty decent with prices, have always tried prices against gamestop and xtravision pretty much as good and better sometimes unless you trade in for new game you can get 25% with gamestop thats if you wanna buy new. with gamenash you get your postage paid for so you get an extra 1.50 not much but it counts

Thanks again for the info. I think I might try this out with a few of my older games, to see how it goes.

Advertisement