Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC to College!

• 25-06-2012 6:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 127 ✭✭

The situation here is as follows:
    I am 18 year old student. I recently finished LC. I expect going to - DIT. I live in Dublin. But it seems that there is a little difficulty - me and my girlfriend we want to live together in Dublin. As she lives quite far away from Dublin we both want to move in as close as possible to College we are expecting to get in.
    So here is the question:
    Will our grant be affected if we move away from parents?
    I'm looking forward to hear your answer.
    Any great answer will be appreciated.!!!

P.S - Maybe there is any good advice you would like to make, Ill be happy to hear it too
    Thank you and have a nice day!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

n0ak wrote: »
    The situation here is as follows:
    I am 18 year old student. I recently finished LC. I expect going to - DIT. I live in Dublin. But it seems that there is a little difficulty - me and my girlfriend we want to live together in Dublin. As she lives quite far away from Dublin we both want to move in as close as possible to College we are expecting to get in.
    So here is the question:
    Will our grant be affected if we move away from parents?
    I'm looking forward to hear your answer.
    Any great answer will be appreciated.!!!

P.S - Maybe there is any good advice you would like to make, Ill be happy to hear it too
    Thank you and have a nice day!!!
    You want to live together during the college semester yes? Then no, I can't see why your grant would be effected. I'm going to be living with 2 lads and 2 girls away from home and AFAIK it makes no difference if you're receiving a grant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Whether or not you live at home during the college year wouldn't affect your grant. There are different rates for adjacent and non-adjacent though, which are based on the location of your parents house if that's where you live normally. Explanation of it here ;)

Advertisement