Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiography - Physics

Options
  • 25-06-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭

Hello, I was considering putting down Radiography on my CAO and I was wondering is there a lot of Physics involved? We only had the option of Biology and Chemistry in school so I have no Physics apart from Junior Cert :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Apparently it helps but it's also not the end of the world, it's not required. If you did chemistry for the leaving cert it'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 am23843

Hi, my daughter has also put it down on cao but she only has science up to junior cert level. She only kept on biology for leaving cert which she loves and is very good at but she did not like chemistry or physics, she also dropped to pass maths this year, likes maths but figured she would not be able to get a good honour in it without spending a lot of time on it so she took up ag science to get in extra points. If she got radiography would she realistically be able for course with only biology. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 am23843

Hve just spoken to UCD and the physics is taught from scratch, at elementary level so no previous knowledge is necessay, maybe helpfull but not a requirement as is any chemistry so have answered my own question lol.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

am23843 wrote: »
    Hi, my daughter has also put it down on cao but she only has science up to junior cert level. She only kept on biology for leaving cert which she loves and is very good at but she did not like chemistry or physics, she also dropped to pass maths this year, likes maths but figured she would not be able to get a good honour in it without spending a lot of time on it so she took up ag science to get in extra points. If she got radiography would she realistically be able for course with only biology. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If she didn't like chemistry or physics enough to do them for leaving cert why would she want to do a subject at university that will involve studying them to a much higher level?
    Your question should not be 'will she be able for the course?' but rather she needs to ask 'is this the course for me?'

• Registered Users Posts: 6 randommair

Hey, I started and successfully comptleted radiography in UCD without previously having leaving cert physics. My only advice would be not to do Physics in Biology and Medicine in 1st year (optional) as there are compulsory physics modules (modern physics and nuclear physics) in 2nd year that start from scratch and the 1 year course really dosnt help radiography wise and it could bring your gpa down

• Advertisement
Advertisement