Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rancid - The Academy - With Runnin Riot & Blood Or Whiskey!

Options
  • 25-06-2012 7:16pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭

8110_10150993962612722_1658451950_n.jpg

Great to see local support AND it's not in the ****in Olympia.

Grand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

not bad, i was looking at getting tickets for one of the london shows and its 30pound in :eek:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Excellent!

This and Social Distortion has made my summer*.

*Yeah I know it's not till November but feck it.

• Advertisement

Ah here. Get to a few local shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Would have gone if Cock Sparrer were supporting.

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Would have gone if Cock Sparrer were supporting.

You wouldn't go for a few current local bands supporting over an old pension fund raiser?

*clap*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Blood or Whiskey don't appeal to me and haven't done sine their original singer left. I think I've seen Runnin Riot four times in Dublin this year alone. I'd rather see Cock Sparrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭macco66

They started getting a bit gash a few albums ago, but I'll happily go to this anyway. Academy's a quality venue for something like this and two deadly Irish support acts. 25 notes isn't too bad either, considering...

• Advertisement

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Blood or Whiskey don't appeal to me and haven't done sine their original singer left. I think I've seen Runnin Riot four times in Dublin this year alone. I'd rather see Cock Sparrer.

Fair enough. With ya on the BOW front too... Still, I'm fairly sure RR have more songs I like than Cock Sparrer by a long shot. They really do have some awful crap in their back catalogue. Most stuff outside Shock Troops is crap.

macco66 wrote: »
    They started getting a bit gash a few albums ago, but I'll happily go to this anyway. Academy's a quality venue for something like this and two deadly Irish support acts. 25 notes isn't too bad either, considering...

Considering what? Punk bands come from all over the world to play here and charge €10. Rancids shirts are also more expensive than theirs. Just playing devil's advocate here.... they're making a lot of money off this. Don't deny it :)

dregin wrote: »
    Considering what? Punk bands come from all over the world to play here and charge €10. Rancids shirts are also more expensive than theirs. Just playing devil's advocate here.... they're making a lot of money off this. Don't deny it :)

Considering exactly that. you'd expect a Rancid gig to cost more than 25 quid. 25 quid I'll still pay for the nostalia. who's denying anything?

My point was, why should I expect a Rancid gig to cost more than €25? You charge a tenner in, fill the venue - that's it paid for. They make their money off merch. GRAND!

dregin wrote: »
    My point was, why should I expect a Rancid gig to cost more than €25? You charge a tenner in, fill the venue - that's it paid for. They make their money off merch. GRAND!

You shouldn't - cos they're supposedly a punk band. but you do - because they're greedy twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Brunteaphile

@dregin

Aren't you barred from the Academy?

lawl

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Oscorp

Lovely stuff, this should be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SonTheFather

Its a balls that its in the Academy, Now i cant go:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Its a balls that its in the Academy, Now i cant go:mad:

Tell us your story...

Finally someone will listen! Its just that since the Academy is 18s I cant go as im only 17. Which sucks cause I dont know when theyl be playing Ireland next.

• Advertisement

Put your head down and don't be drunk when you're walking in... that or get a lend of someone's ID. It's not rocket science :D If you don't wanna do that, I'm sure one of the other bands will bring ya in...

Yeah but I live in Cork so if it doesnt work...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Have you not got an uncle who will bring you?
    Surely someone owes u a favour?

Yeah but I live in Cork so if it doesnt work...

You only live once!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 AaronPunk

Well seeing as you have to travel anyway why not just go up and see them in Belfast?
    The gig in the Mandela is an over 14s.

AaronPunk wrote: »
    Well seeing as you have to travel anyway why not just go up and see them in Belfast?
    The gig in the Mandela is an over 14s.

Where the **** is the craic in that??

Get Anarcho to bring ya up. He's in Kerry. BE GRAND!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Surprised it hasn't sold out already. Only the Academy and they haven't been here in 9 years.

EXCITED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭MightyMighty737

Surprised it hasn't sold out already. Only the Academy and they haven't been here in 9 years.

EXCITED! :D

I wouldn't have thought it would completely sell out at all? Maybe I'm underestimating the demand them. I haven't been in any rush to get my ticket yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

It was pretty full when they played in the Olympia. Can't remember who supported them then, but this time's support is almost certainly better too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I wouldn't have thought it would completely sell out at all? Maybe I'm underestimating the demand them. I haven't been in any rush to get my ticket yet anyway.

Or maybe I'm just overestimating the demand!

Advertisement