Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Daft" out of date.

Options
  • 25-06-2012 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Since I started house hunting I have discovered properties for sale since 2006. Surely it is time for "Daft" to delete properties that have been for sale on their web site for over 2000 days. When they are quoting the amount of properties for sale on their books to the media are these included? Very dishonest, misleading and frustrating. Anybody in "Daft" reading this maybe you would consider a good declutter. Thank You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

38 redwood wrote: »
    Since I started house hunting I have discovered properties for sale since 2006. Surely it is time for "Daft" to delete properties that have been for sale on their web site for over 2000 days. When they are quoting the amount of properties for sale on their books to the media are these included? Very dishonest, misleading and frustrating. Anybody in "Daft" reading this maybe you would consider a good declutter. Thank You

How do you make that out? These houses are still for sale.
    Ireland has went through a massive property boom and bust, there is obviously going to be property that has been on the market for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,785 ✭✭✭✭L1011

How do you make that out? These houses are still for sale.
    Ireland has went through a massive property boom and bust, there is obviously going to be property that has been on the market for years.

There are a lot of fairly clueless agents who have left up properties which are actually long since sold. Its not all stuff that's been left for years with price unchanged.

Anything that's still on sale usually gets its listing refreshed every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

MYOB wrote: »
    There are a lot of fairly clueless agents who have left up properties which are actually long since sold. Its not all stuff that's been left for years with price unchanged.

Anything that's still on sale usually gets its listing refreshed every so often.

This is true, we rang quite a few places that were already either sale agreed or sold, but still marked as available on the websites (not just daft.ie).

It is annoying that they can't be bothered to update their listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

blueturnip wrote: »
    This is true, we rang quite a few places that were already either sale agreed or sold, but still marked as available on the websites (not just daft.ie).

It is annoying that they can't be bothered to update their listings.

They do update them to get them back to the top, i've seen this many times with both sales and rental properties, agents keep them up to get advertisment opportunity.

I spoke to an agent recently who hadn't spoken to a seller in months, yet was still refreshing the add, but when you ring them up, oh wait a minute i have this one.....instead. Same when i was looking for a rental property, agent still refreshing add, but told me it wasn't for rent because the owner was currently renovating it.

Agents will always keep at least one property up on websites in every aera that they operate, even if they don't actually have any.

Advertisement