Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Notifications not working?

Options
  • 25-06-2012 8:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I don't seem to be getting any email notifications on PMs this evening. It was all working dandy this morning.

I thought it was just me until someone else mentioned it just now. I know it's happened before.

Ta,

DK

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just a quick one on this, i thought the same myself when just today it was happening, until i checked my junk mail folder on the laptop, and there they all were, im using a hotmail address in outlook 2010 if that helps? :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

That's interesting. They're in there all right.

Hmm. There are about three others with the same thing just this afternoon. I wonder if it's a mail provider thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

Are you both on hotmail?

No, I'm on gmail.

are you using outlook 2010 kitty to sync your gmail or just accessing your it via the gmail site itself?

i just thought it could have been caused by a recent windows update to microsoft office's junk mail filter till you mentioned gmail.

• Advertisement

Just the web client.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Hope this in the right place - but not sure where else to go

Basically I'm not receiving any email notifications for the threads I'm subscribed to - last email was at 16.29. Checked my settings and as far as I can see, my default is for instant email notification of new posts, but this has stopped happening. Don't think I did anything to cause it - but want to fix it asap :D

Hope this in the right place - but not sure where else to go

Basically I'm not receiving any email notifications for the threads I'm subscribed to - last email was at 16.29. Checked my settings and as far as I can see, my default is for instant email notification of new posts, but this has stopped happening. Don't think I did anything to cause it - but want to fix it asap :D

check your junk mail folder rebel girl, they're probably in there. i dont know why the various e-mail clients are now classing @boards.ie domain as junk mail, but this thread could probably be merged with the one just underneath it... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Same here. Got a PM last night around midnight, no email notification. Checked my spam folder and there it was.

Gmail, web client only.

Headers:
    Delivered-To: xxxxx@gmail.com
    Received: by 10.231.204.85 with SMTP id fl21csp147495ibb;
            Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
    Received: by 10.180.96.106 with SMTP id dr10mr27792964wib.3.1340665007143;
            Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: <no-reply@boards.ie>
    Received: from clifford.boards.ie (monster.boards.ie. [89.234.66.106])
            by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id ch4si511639wib.19.2012.06.25.15.56.46
            (version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=OTHER);
            Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:56:47 -0700 (PDT)
    Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of no-reply@boards.ie designates 89.234.66.106 as permitted sender) client-ip=89.234.66.106;
    Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of no-reply@boards.ie designates 89.234.66.106 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=no-reply@boards.ie
    Received: from www-data by clifford.boards.ie with local (Exim 4.76)
    	(envelope-from <no-reply@boards.ie>)
    	id 1SjID8-0001Ih-BZ
    	for xxxxx@gmail.com; Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:56:46 +0100
    To: xxxxx
    Subject: New Private Message at boards.ie
    X-PHP-Originating-Script: 0:class_mail.php
    Auto-Submitted: auto-generated
    Message-ID: <20120625225646.c9b0f9c609b0@touch.boards.ie>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
    Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:56:46 +0100

Thanks for the reports guys we're looking into it. One of our load balancers went down yesterday so we're running all traffic through the backup at the moment, that's a potential source of problem.

[EDIT]

That's exactly the problem, our backup load balancers is in a black list. We'll have a solution ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

xsiborg wrote: »
    check your junk mail folder rebel girl, they're probably in there. i dont know why the various e-mail clients are now classing @boards.ie domain as junk mail, but this thread could probably be merged with the one just underneath it... ;)

Nope, not there - already checked!

Thanks Paddy!

Working again for me - thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Am on hotmail. Checked the junk/spam folders but nothing since yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Am on hotmail. Checked the junk/spam folders but nothing since yesterday morning.

and as soon as I posted that I got a notification!

Great stuff the problem should be resolved now. We've gotten our backup load balancer removed from that spam list and we've switched back to the primary. Any email that was rejected should come in over the next few hours if it hasn't already come in. Anything else should be in your spam folder.

Thanks for letting us know about this guys, reports like this make it much easier for us to spot and fix problems quickly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement