Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andrea Pirlo appreciation thread

124»

Comments

Speak the italic words in a whispering voice:

Pirlo...

He has over 100 caps for Italy now...

Pirlo...

He scored a delicious freekick against Mexico..

Pirlo...

..and a tasty penalty with that ice cool look on his face..

Pirlo...

Clap clap...

pirlo_1681537a.jpg

Pirlo...

Cool Fucker for men, by...

Pirlo...

Pirlo-CoolFecker_zps7f820d52.png

I'm not ashamed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Pirlo>Xavi.

What a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pirlo is deman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Yes, both have had better seasons, but Ballon D'Or pretty much always goes to winners of things. Remember Ronaldo (de Lima) winning it back in 2002 on the back of winning the world cup, despite barely playing any football that season?

Was Michael Owen the best player in Europe in 2001? No, but he won 3 cup competitions.

Ronaldo (C) as it is will get it because Real won the league. But you could just see Pirlo nicking it if Italy win the Euro's, especially if he gets player of the tournament (which he will if they win).

I will guarantee you Messi does not win it this year as Barca won neither the league nor champions league.

kryogen wrote: »
    I think they tend to vote, in the main, about who has made the biggest impact to a club/national teams success, so while Messi is the best player in the world, plenty will still vote for Ronaldo because he has led Madrid to a league title while having a phenomenal season and Portugal did make it to the semi's, Ronaldo had a fantastic season that ended with a winners medal, Messi had a fantastic season that ended empty handed.

That is why I think he is out in front, I may be wrong, but I suspect not.

They make odd decisions anyway, the WPOTY and EPOTY are different sometimes even if the WPOTY plays in Europe :)
    kryogen wrote: »
    @ TFHC I'll consider it and let you know, via PM obviously.

Forgot about all this craic! Good to see again tho, and I'm still waiting on that PM kryo ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Actually thought Pirlo's confed was poor. Didn't stop George Hamilton hyping the sh*t out of his every move. "Wonderful Awareness! !" Jeez, it's a text book counter attack there Georgie don't soil your pants.

He's an awesome player who I don't want to retire though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

klose wrote: »
    LOL Milan must be hopping their heads off their desks!
    What a beast though giving these performances in such a tight exhausting schedule that is the euros at 33 is phenomenal! The definition of pulling the strings in midfield, would imagine hell call it a day after this would be some way to do it if they won it.
    Been at this for years though surprised a thread only popped up now.

Old post but worth replying to.

Yes and no really, he was dreadful for Milan for some time and at the time I thought it was the right move.

At Juve he's been revitalised and he has the right players around him so he doesn't have to do any legwork(Marchisio and Vidal especially are unbelievable athletes).

Mind you, he still pulled out stuff like this in his final season.

Advertisement