Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new graphics card wheres best in town

Options
  • 25-06-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

Iv just discovered I have an onboard graphics card

NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i

which is kinda skippy when playing 1080p content and running any 3D software things.

If I get a brand new card I should see a big improvement right?

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=29165&type=product

been looking at this one can anyone lets know if this is a decent one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

compared to what you're on it will bathe you in the warmth of a thousand suns.

as far as the market goes its smack in the middle range of what I would consider gaming cards, there are better out there, but also worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Overheal wrote: »
    compared to what you're on it will bathe you in the warmth of a thousand suns.

as far as the market goes its smack in the middle range of what I would consider gaming cards, there are better out there, but also worse.

ill be using this card for HTPC use only right now the HTPC can be a little skippy at times so hopfully this will sort it hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Make sure your box isnt low profile and that it has the PSU overhead to support the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If it is slimline there are lots of cards out there that are slimline compatible; they'll usually come with a replaceable header that you can swap out, typically at the expense of one of your output ports (eg. a VGA etc)

Advertisement