Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White boxer

• 25-06-2012 8:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    I have a 5 year old brown Boxer who has a heart murmur but I really want to get her a companion.
    Are white boxers really prown to health issues?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

All dogs are prone to health issues, you mitigate for these problems by sourcing the dog from someone who can provide detailed veterinary records and genetic health test results for the lines that they breed. In addition to the heart problems rife within the breed white boxers have additional increased risks ie. blindness, deafness and increased risk of skin cancer. I wouldn't recommend a white boxer to home where it would be left outside for extended periods (during the day while the owner would be at work for example).

Advertisement