Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Become a Post Primary school teacher with Degree in Architectural Tech??

• 25-06-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just wondering does anybody know how to go on to study for becoming a post primary teacher. My partner is looking to become a teacher and she has an Honours degree in Architectural Technology.

She was told that there was an online course that she could do to qualify as a teacher, does anybody know where I could find this course?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

No online course afaik. A grad dip in UL, takes 1.5 years full time. Qualifies you to teach Woodwork, Technical Graphics, Construction Studies and Design and Communication Graphics.
    There is also one at Letterfrack I think but I know nothing about it.
    Online courses are to blame for oversupplying primary teaching and should not be allowed imo. There are already too many teachers searching for work without mass producing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

A colleague of mine is doing the Hibernia dip part time while still teaching full time. That might be an option for your girlfriend. I don't know much about it though I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gaeilgebeo

RealJohn wrote: »
    A colleague of mine is doing the Hibernia dip part time while still teaching full time. That might be an option for your girlfriend. I don't know much about it though I'm afraid.

How is your colleague teaching full time without being qualified? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    RealJohn wrote: »

How is your colleague teaching full time without being qualified? :confused:

Could be in a VEC dont need a dip at present. They would be subject qualified.

Advertisement