Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Pickup Line You've ever heard/Way you've been hit on

• 25-06-2012 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

The worst way I've ever been hit on is as follows;

Out on the town, see this guy I saw a couple of weeks back and chatted with a bit. Guy says; "Can I give you a kiss" and I responded with "Sure, On the cheek" and they go in for the kill anyway.. and proceed to walk away word mouthing "I would have f**ked you"....

If you've got worse than that, I might cry..

Lay 'em out folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Are you Dónal?"

I'm not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why did you say yes? Who the fúck wants a kiss on the cheek?

Why not, you know, say no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Get in the back of the squadcar.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

What's your preference?

Although to be fair I was in a gay bar. Hmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

"You've got great child bearing hips!"

Didn't know if I should have been flattered or offended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

'Could you help me find my walking stick dear, I don't have my glasses.' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,714 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

"If you want to have sex with me, pull my knob once. If you don't want to have sex with me, pull it four thousand eight hundred times."

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

"Can you help me with my boat ?"

Old Ted Bundy classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Why let him kiss you on the cheek?

Worst has to be some randomer trying to cop a feel in the hope of it turning into more.
    Technically when a woman grimaces or shoves you away it means she really, really wants you so continue to fondle her. It can only end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Sided wrote: »

Out on the town, see this guy I saw a couple of weeks back and chatted with a bit. Guy says; "Can I give you a kiss" and I responded with "Sure, On the cheek" and they go in for the kill anyway.. and proceed to walk away word mouthing "I would have f**ked you"....

Lay 'em out folks.

Is this what constitutes as a chat up these days? It sounds more like assault by a minger. Agree with other poster learn to say no to random guys who offer you kisses, it'll save on the cold sore cream in the long run, if nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"What would be your local GAA club?"

In my local pub to an absolute stunner watching the Cork Kerryy match a few weeks ago.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

When I was 15, a boy wooed* me with this beauty: "Pretty braces, where'd you get them??"

Although he may have been beaten last week, when at a pub quiz, a guy at the table over from us thought our team name was awful. Later on in the night he asked me for a kiss. I said no, since he thought our team name was terrible :P. He replied, "Ah, I didn't say your team-name was terrible, I said yiiiiz were terrible. So how bout that kiss??" What a charmer :pac:

*May not have succeeded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

"What would be your local GAA club?"

In my local pub to an absolute stunner watching the Cork Kerryy match a few weeks ago.

Run fast if it's followed by "How much road frontage do you have?" or "How many acres do you have?":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Sided

I was trying to be polite okay.
    Why did you say yes? Who the fúck wants a kiss on the cheek?

Why not, you know, say no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

are you an angel that got drop kicked from the sky??? gave me the creeps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

'You're sister is really hot'

Didn't work surprisingly :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

I'd let you piss on me

... wait, I thought this was 'worst line you've ever used'
    never mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Lay 'em out folks.

I once pm'd a girl on boards and asked her "if she tried flashing some leg" got the conversation going anyway ..;)

I don't know!!! Girls in Ireland always say no.. I guess I'm from a country where we always say yes.. haha

Nah, I'm joking. I don't know why I agreed to the kiss on the cheek. Regardless, he didn't get any kiss at all because I backed away before I got slobbered on.. I bet you people have seen this guy out too, I've seen him loads of times and that doesn't sound right considering the situation, I've seen him numerous times out but haven't spoken to him so I wouldn't be surprised if other girls in Dublin have seen him as well.
    Why let him kiss you on the cheek?

Worst has to be some randomer trying to cop a feel in the hope of it turning into more.
    Technically when a woman grimaces or shoves you away it means she really, really wants you so continue to fondle her. It can only end well.

I don't know!!! Girls in Ireland always say no.. I guess I'm from a country where we always say yes.. haha

Nah, I'm joking. I don't know why I agreed to the kiss on the cheek. Regardless, he didn't get any kiss at all because I backed away before I got slobbered on.. I bet you people have seen this guy out too, I've seen him loads of times and that doesn't sound right considering the situation, I've seen him numerous times out but haven't spoken to him so I wouldn't be surprised if other girls in Dublin have seen him as well.

He's prob just your stalker tho ..

• Advertisement

What the hell? That guy was an idiot.
    Where To wrote: »
    'You're sister is really hot'

Didn't work surprisingly :(

lizt wrote: »
    "You've got great child bearing hips!"

Didn't know if I should have been flattered or offended.

Must remember to use this line on Liz at the next beer's !! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

What the hell? That guy was an idiot.

Something tells me he wanted to get with her sister, not her.

Just a thought.

No kidding!
    QUOTE=Mr. Incognito;79403134]Something tells me he wanted to get with her sister, not her.

Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I was in a nightclub one time and a gorgeous girl came up to me said hello and introduced herself. I was totally flustered and asked her did she come here often?. She laughed, mocked me for saying it and then walked away :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I hope you've got a long rod to go fishing in my deep pond...:confused:

Said to me by a guy btw. I was disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

One of the strangest ones I've witnessed was a very drunk man staggering up to one of my friends one night and saying "I dunno if you're a boy or a girl, but if you're a girl will you have a dance".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

"Eres... sin... hogar?"

I had no idea what the guy was saying...

"Eres sin hogar?"

I had no idea what the guy was saying.

Bet you just loved his Spanish accent though :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

"Eres... sin... hogar?"

I had no idea what the guy was saying...

He was admiring your teeth;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

At a family get together a couple of years back, one of my best mates was on a mission and to this day she'll tell ye she was like someone out on day release that day and was completely and utterly locked out of her skull! She turned to me and proceeded and then commited to throwing her tongue down my mouth with mutterings to this day from my perspective was "I told you I'm goin to change you!" Apart from the fact that she was lacking the anatomy that I require and desire, this was in front of my family and everyone that I had spent the previous 15 years telling I was gay! For people to think you're straight when you're gay...seriously! not nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

What's the best chat up line, something not cheesy that might actually work?

Non-existant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I was trying to be polite okay.

Ah, a haggler...
    So the trick is to propose marriage, is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Hello.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Both my most successful and creepiest...
    "Does this rag smell like chloroform?"

hahahaha.. exquisitely put
    1ZRed wrote: »
    I hope you've got a long rod to go fishing in my deep pond...:confused:

Said to me by a guy btw. I was disgusted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Strangest one I've heard was "Don't mean to sound OCD, but can you close your handbag? It's really annoying me". That started off a conversation and somehow he got away with it.

Most cringeworthy I ever used was on a 40 year old woman (I was very very very drunk). My mate reliably informed me she was trying to get me to dance, and I said, "I don't know how to dance. Teach me" then "Teach me how to kiss". :o:o

I feel sick

I'm not from around these parts... so I unfortunately don't speak pirate.
    Ficheall wrote: »
    Ah, a haggler...
    So the trick is to propose marriage, is it?

dilallio wrote: »
    One of the strangest ones I've witnessed was a very drunk man staggering up to one of my friends one night and saying "I dunno if you're a boy or a girl, but if you're a girl will you have a dance".

Oh my god.. probably a mortifying experience but hilarious to read.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭DoneDL

Can I have a bite of your apple, WTF.

That was 25 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

" I will give you 20 euro if I fail this, I will kiss you........... without kissing you on the lips "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Assassin saphir

Said to me in a club by a redheaded tipp guy "Do u wanna go halves on a bastard?" Classy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

"You're an angel than came down from the heavens" :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

When I was 17, a random guy in his forties staggered up to me at the bar at my friend's 18th and slurred "Here, do I know you?". I replied that no, he did not - to which he answered "No, I do know you. And you have to know me, so if I know you and you know me, we should DO somethin' abou' ih!" I ran away :P

More recently, a bearded guy about ten years older than me started talking to me while I was walking through the college campus at night (walking with me the whole way from one gate to another in the dark). He told me he'd just moved to Ireland and that I reminded him of his sister, so he "would have to adopt me or something". Then he grabbed my hand, looked at my palm and told me it meant I was artistic... and then asked for my number, so I could go to his band's gigs, which "are always great fun". (Bearing in mind he'd only moved to Ireland two weeks before - so where did he find this band and fit in so many gigs?). He also hugged me when I tried to get away from him. As if the "bearded stranger lurking in the dark" thing wasn't bad enough... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Last Thursday, a random girl when I was out: "OH MY GOD YOUR BOOBS ARE AMAZING!" *squeeze* "LOOK HER BOOBS ARE AMAZING!" She must have gotten about ten people to stare at my boobs. I was wearing a high necked dress that didn't show any cleavage, mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

"Jaysus you could rear calves on them yokes"

She didn't seem to appreciate the compliment

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

"Can i bum you for a smoke?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

A guy went up to a mate of mine in a club and said he had a lovely beard. Not sure if it was a chat up line but there was an uncomfortable silence as he stared at my mate for a minute followed by the rest of us crying with laughter moments later :D

"I like the way you suck that straw!" said to me in a chipper...by a guy who I had already told I wasn't gay when he invited me to a "party" in his place as we queued for food.

Also for the girls standing at the bar in a very busy pub/club - saying excuse me sometimes just means the person behind you wants to get to the bar to order and doesn't always deserve the how dare a guy speak to me face!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

I can teach you things - was said to me by a not very attractive girl one night years ago...

my reply was - I have a phd already, ur grand

• Advertisement
Advertisement