Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What dictator would you like to Rule Ireland?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

^ nice chap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

bnt wrote: »
    Mussolini. If he could make the trains run on time in Italy, he can surely sort out the buses here.

Mussolini did NOT make the trains run on time.

Myth;)

He made ONE train one on time, his own!

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Ireland already has a dictatorship controlling it. It is called the Roman Catholic Church.

Are you contacting us from the 1980's, or some bog county? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Willie O'Dea.

A man of his integrity and class would give us all a dictator we could be proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Scrawny71 wrote: »
    Mao. Owned 900 million slaves at one point. Killed up to 70 million through starvation, overwork and violence, then dumped much of their culture while he denied himself no extravagance. Idolised by the very people he treated like chattels, and completely hoodwinked the West. Made Stalin and Hitler look like big softies. If you've got to have a dictator, you might as well go with the twentieth century's biggest backstard. ;)

I was outside his tomb in Tiananmen Square. There was a 3 or 4 hour queue just to get into it and a huge portrait of him over the entrance to the Forbidden City. Supposedly he had quite a high vocal pitch that made him sound ridiculous.

• Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

A woman (thank me girls)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

What about the late 'Sweet Prince' of Libya ? An 'ol style dictator, happy to use artillery on protesters .. anyone imagine students or pensioners protesting as shells land in O'Connell street.

And he had a funky dress sense.

Too soon ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

We already have one, its called the golden circle

Ireland is set up to be a plutocracy, not a democracy, people should understand the difference.

http://www.tascnet.ie/showPage.php?ID=3123&PHPSESSID=53141bd77e71671b317a33dbd94326f2

MTGC_cover.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Casillas

Charlie Chaplin

He'd be a great dictator ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

richard boyd barret

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭Burt Lancaster

Joe Higgans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

doovdela wrote: »
    Russel Brand or Gay Byrne make good rulers otherwise hmmm I don't think i'd want a dictator to rule Ireland. No communism here please we're Irish!
    Though Clinton or Obama be my choice or else Mary Harney or Enda. I am happy enough that he is our taoiseach.

you're doing it wrong.
    squod wrote: »
    Vespasian the Roman dictator emperor. Big into the horses, havin' the craic and building stuff.

Are you proposing we bring Bertie back? :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurad_Niyazov , this lad was amusingly insane. Not saying we'd be better off, but the news would certainly be far more interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saparmurad_Niyazov#Decrees_and_laws

Also had this built : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrality_Arch
    The arch is 75 metres (246 ft) tall and was built in 1998 on the orders of Turkmenistan's President Saparmurat Niyazov to commemorate the country's official position of neutrality.[1] It cost $12 million to construct. The three-legged arch was topped by a 12-metre (39 ft) tall gold-plated statue of Niyazov which rotates to always face the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Eva Peron?? Think she was a nice woman.:)

Ann22 wrote: »
    Eva Peron?? Think she was a nice woman.:)

Too much bloody singing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Lets bring in Bush he'll send us to war.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭Markcheese

djk1000 wrote: »
    [SIZE="6"]Me![/SIZE]

Well I thanked you but only because I agree with your view that the dictator for life should be me....it may be bloody.... It won't be fun, it may even appear bizare but I promise it'll be interesting....and if it isn't .... Tough

[SIZE="2"]*If you don't thank this post, you'll be first against the wall;)[/SIZE]

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Fidel Castro without doubt.

The health system would be dragged upto scratch along with the education system. No more private companies making profits from our natural resources either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Mick Wallace

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

A popular leader is no use atm. and the best leader will not get elected .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

http://youtu.be/Q4BMpfy5UNg
    George Carlin, pity he's dead! he gives the bankers dogs abuse in this video!

Id be a great Dictator,
    Id be a right aul bastard, for starters ' cleanin up the streets' lol. Have my army go around in tanks, shooting all the scum in the cities.

Id bring in torture ,internment , the lot.

( then I woke up.... )
    ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭celticcrash

The Minister of Gee, Willie O Dea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

tdv123 wrote: »
    Nicolae Ceausescu

He did build awesome roads or more like one awesome road!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Some jive motherfùcker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 corkuser2012

Im thinking Sinitta. She could lighten the mood by singing a bit of 'So Macho'. Who wouldn't love a bit of that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Rafael Trujillo, Dominican Republic from 1942 until 1952. He was mad for pro environmental policies which most countries are a bit deficient in, he did order some horrendous massacres though.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭The Master of Disaster

Mussolini.

He was OTT, wore funny hats and even his allies couldn't take him seriously but at least he did make the trains run on time, which is far more than we're getting in our lousy ass liberal democracy . . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Im thinking Sinitta. She could lighten the mood by singing a bit of 'So Macho'. Who wouldn't love a bit of that??

Fine first post, ,Mods will be in touch shortly to arrange a payment to you.In the mean time please send bank details to myself :

At :

Prince Akimbarra Akileeli ,
    1423 Happy Street ,
    Lagos Central .

Advertisement