Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back quick lodgement boxes

Options
  • 25-06-2012 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

This is my rant for my bank (bank of Ireland) to bring back the quick lodge boxes the ones you fill out a slip and put it in an envelope then into a box, way faster than those stupid machines that are in the branches now I so hate them it is so slow
    anyone agree with me ?
    I think I might e-mail B.O.I my opinion on this matter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I think you should.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not a Dublin City-specific issue. Moved.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

This is my rant for my bank (bank of Ireland) to bring back the quick lodge boxes the ones you fill out a slip and put it in an envelope then into a box, way faster than those stupid machines that are in the branches now I so hate them it is so slow
    anyone agree with me ?

Loads of BOI still have quick lodgement boxes.

In fact I've never been in one that doesn't.

Where do you do your banking OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Lodgement boxes involve more work for the bank. Someone has to empty them, open the envelopes, count the lodgement amount, enter the monies into an account. With the machine the customer does all the work without any member of staff being involved. Personally I find it efficient and have gotten used to it. Practise makes perfect!

Younger people would probably laugh at any difficulty here and regard it as an 'age' thing. It's the future, so we'd better get used to it or go back to putting our money under the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,369 ✭✭✭Tow

Gravale wrote: »
    Lodgement boxes involve more work for the bank. Someone has to empty them, open the envelopes, count the lodgement amount, enter the monies into an account. With the machine the customer does all the work without any member of staff being involved. Personally I find it efficient and have gotten used to it. Practise makes perfect!

Makes perfect sense to higher management:

Less manual work for the employees = less employees required in the (bank)branches = more redundancies = more profit.

The equation works until too much pursuit of profit and cost cutting results in the bank being run into the ground and everything falls apart like UB\RBS.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Loads of BOI still have quick lodgement boxes.

In fact I've never been in one that doesn't.

Where do you do your banking OP?

Hi I bank in the kilkenny branch

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alcar

The BOI quicklodge machines are all being replaced by ATM lodgements. BOI literature states "Lodgement ATMS .... you spend less time banking..". Not when you now have to queue for 5-10 minutes to use it!! I can now no longer ask someone to drop off a lodgement for me as 1. They will have to queue, and 2. They will see what may be a private cheque.
    This is change for the bank NOT for the customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Alcar,

If the cheque you wish to lodge is a wages cheque, for example, you could ask your employer if it's possible to receive the funds directly into your account as an electronic transfer. Or if it's a regular payment, the payer may be able to set up a Standing Order to your account instead of issuing a cheque.

We're introducing new technology into our branches which we hope will make lodging and withdrawing to/from your account more efficient. Thank you very much for your feedback; we've passed this on to our Branch Network.

Thanks again,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alcar

Graham
    Thanks for the response, but......
    I am self employed and all cheques are from customers. Cheques are still the easiest way to get paid. It is a lot harder to squeeze a bank transfer from someone than to pick up a cheque (or some post dated cheques). :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Dubhlinner

Alcar wrote: »
    The BOI quicklodge machines are all being replaced by ATM lodgements. BOI literature states "Lodgement ATMS .... you spend less time banking..". Not when you now have to queue for 5-10 minutes to use it!! I can now no longer ask someone to drop off a lodgement for me as 1. They will have to queue, and 2. They will see what may be a private cheque.
    This is change for the bank NOT for the customer.

That's bloody hilarious. I can't really imagine how they could potentially save the customer any time.

I saw them in netherlands first. They had zero cashiers drove me mad the first time. Then just realised how much they save by cutting staff.

• Advertisement
Advertisement