Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech cd72 and dialler

Options
  • 25-06-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Hi all
    I am working on a cd72 that has a sel micro alarm II connected as the dialler.
    The dialer box is in the attic and has an aerial on the box. the box itself has a big transformer and a 3 other boxes inside it.
    The issue is that i want to have the dialer call my mobile when the alarm is triggered, Can this unit do that ?
    Also the engineer code that we were given is wrong ! The guy who installed it is gone and unavailable, and we cant access any menu functions from the keypad. the only code that does anything is the code that arms/disarms .

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could connect any number of generic voice diallers to get this to ring your mobile. If you Pm me the installation company I'll see if I can source an engineer code. Have you tried the standard factory default ?Power down totally, remove the factory link marked LK1 and power up. If it displays arrow up to select language it's defaulted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

mookishboy wrote: »
    Hi all
    I am working on a cd72 that has a sel micro alarm II connected as the dialler.
    The dialer box is in the attic and has an aerial on the box. the box itself has a big transformer and a 3 other boxes inside it.
    The issue is that i want to have the dialer call my mobile when the alarm is triggered, Can this unit do that ?
    Also the engineer code that we were given is wrong ! The guy who installed it is gone and unavailable, and we cant access any menu functions from the keypad. the only code that does anything is the code that arms/disarms .

Thanks in advance

Is it a GSM that is connected?
    Any pictures?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭mookishboy

the dialer unit is in the attic. is a small cabinet with an aerial on top. but it also has a line to the cd72 unit and one to a phone line. See pics.
    I have not tried the jumper yet as its in a busy shop. but it can be done soon.
    Can you shed any light on the unit pictured.
    IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0472.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Can't see a SIM card . Its an 8 channel radio by the looks of it.
    If its a radio it won't call your phones . Is there any monitoring on the system at the moment?
    Can you PM me who installed it & I'll see if I can get you an engineer code.

what the client says is that it will dial a call center and they will call the garda, but if the phone line is cut it will dial somewhere else. he is not to sure where !! its connected to the landline and also has some sort of transmitter too, it is in a terrible location in an attic and i couldn't do to much investigation !

• Advertisement

pm sent

I'd say its a radio. If so there's little you can do with it.
    Is the normal phone dialler on the panel connected via a ribbon?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi I have a Aritech cd7203 I need to default the panel but the pannel is locked.
    Is there any way to default the panel with out the engeneer code ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

It is a radio it was one of those units CP Bell used to have for their monitoring station.

Advertisement