Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice for a first-timer please

Options
  • 25-06-2012 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Apologies if I've not posted in the right place/forum, but I've just hired a camper van for a week to tour the west of Ireland and was looking for some advice.
    I've not done a camper van holiday before and was under the impression that you probably only needed to book into campsites every second night or so. Having perused these forums, am I right in thinking that just parking by the side of the road seems to be a bit frowned upon ? I (perhaps mistakenly) assumed that I could just park somewhere by the side of the road or on the outskirts of a town for the night and move on the next day ?
    If parking away from campsites is ok, could anyone please recommend decent places to spend the night in Killarney, Killorglin, Lahinch and Galway ?
    Much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

i always try to "wild camp"where possible
    however i would not just pull up at the side of the road
    i would try and arrive late at a location i know or have viewed earlier in the day,always secluded and off main roads,close to a lake or harbour if possible
    if this is your first time with a camper then i would advise campsites though
    here you will meet other motorhomers who will be a fountain of knowledge
    have you checked this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055311498

safe travels and post an update when you return

Advertisement