Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What era?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

20 minutes ago, before I finished off my sandwich.

It tasted so nice, good times....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm grand where I am.....thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Georgian period England.

If you ask me we could do with more "how do you do" than "how'ye". And hats. Definitely more hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

70's - Loved the shirts, suits, sideburns and the flairs
    RVP 11 wrote: »
    Definately the 60's America, summer of drugs,love and sex.
    Magic.

Would have liked to be born around 1950 in the states. Late teens in the 60's, 20's in the 70's. Clothes, music and cars from that era are awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

It would have to be after sanitation has been invented. I'd hate not to have proper toilets and people having a lack of basic hygiene.

The two eras for me would either be 1960s New York or California. The Summer of Love. It was a hedonistic liberated time and people enjoyed themselves. I think Mad Men captures it perfectly. If I could go back to the time that would be great.

Alternatively 1980s Miami. Again for the hedonism. I bet you'd have a whale of a time there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,745 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I gotta say 1970's New York, just to grow up along with the Hip Hop scene there

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

The future and work for my nephew in his delivery company.

Would love to see ancient Rome.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I have lived through the golden age and removed the varnish from history for myself .Fancy a stay in an olde Inn and the fleas hopping and smells everywhere .People were old at 40 and death was everywhere . These are very interesting times . I'm even looking forward to looking back on them . Hollywood has no truth .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Niles

Wouldn't mind going back to the 80s and settling down until 1999... be nice to appreciate those eras as an adult. Compared to some of the eras it's not very ambitious I know, if something involving time travel can be considered unambitious.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

roman times :D as long as i was wealthy :D damn i get me some roman bitchs ( i blame the show Sparatcus for this)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I'd love to live in the 80's, right from the start. Not just for the music, but living in the future doesn't appeal to me, there's enough 'not knowing' in the present day. It would be great to be a part of a time when a great change was going on and knowing where the change was leading. For example, to know that the cold war was ending and to see it actually happen when it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

From an Irish perspective probably the 1950's if only to see the Wexford hurling team and Rackard and Ring. I've always thought that it would be right craic watching a hurling match back when the crowd overspilled onto the pitch DURING the match, and all the players wore peak caps! The journey up to Croker would have been right craic as well. No motorway back then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

For me, going back to a previous era would be $hit. It'd be great to visit a pre-industrial age if you had engineering, electrical, plumbing, medical, carpentry or any other type of practical skill. What the fcuk would I do with my Arts degree? I'd be a fcuking pleb, sleeping in his own pi$$ and $hit, that's what.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    For me, going back to a previous era would be $hit. It'd be great to visit a pre-industrial age if you had engineering, electrical, plumbing, medical, carpentry or any other type of practical skill. What the fcuk would I do with my Arts degree? I'd be a fcuking pleb, sleeping in his own pi$$ and $hit, that's what.

Go back in time and rip off all those play writes and poets, make a mint you would.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

wilkie2006 wrote: »

Wouldn't be any different from the present day so

Advertisement