Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another stupid question

Options
  • 25-06-2012 11:06pm
    Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭

Have my locale as Ireland, what do I put in for postcode, I've tried 0,00000,000000.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Try your actual post code?

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

What's the post code for Galway?

EEm wrote: »
    What's the post code for Galway?

Hmm. Try just putting three random numbers? Can't remember what I entered there when I set mine up!

Does it just ask for numbers or can you put in letters too?

chin_grin wrote: »
    Hmm. Try just putting three random numbers? Can't remember what I entered there when I set mine up!

Does it just ask for numbers or can you put in letters too?

You can put in letters too I think.

But it says it's not matching my locale or city.

MS are really stupid sometimes.

You can put in letters too I think.

But it says it's not matching my locale or city.

MS are really stupid sometimes.

Yeah...took me a few goes of random sh!t in there before it took.

Can you not leave that bit blank or sign up via the pc and then try on the xbox? That is, go to xbox.com and create an account there, then use those credentials to sign in on your actual console.

• Advertisement

Put in some random postcode of some business in belfast and it works. This is a challenge getting this set up :P think I'm ready now :P Thanks anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

EIRE or 0000 is the norm for the Irish postcode.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Another problem, my electricity went on Saturday night and live hasn't worked since. Says the IP problem.

As far as I know no changes were made to the laptop. Could an electric outage cause this sort of change?

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Another problem, my electricity went on Saturday night and live hasn't worked since. Says the IP problem.

As far as I know no changes were made to the laptop. Could an electric outage cause this sort of change?

Did you try to run a test connection on the xbox? Can you connect ok using other devices (phones/laptops/pc's)?

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭mr kr0nik

I use AR5E

• Advertisement

mr kr0nik wrote: »
    I use AR5E

Thanks for letting us kno.....OH as a location code...very good! But the OP's problem has changed (read his last post).

I could connect on my laptop fine and on this one. Then the electricity cut while I was on xbox live. Hasn't worked since. It's giving the IP address problem. Can't be arsed trying to change settings and stuff by using this laptop as it's too awkward.

Guess I'll just have to wait to get my laptop back and see if it works with that one again as if not I can try something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭need a aeg

I'll put €100 that your with UPC , if you are when your Internet goes down for a while (in your case electricity outage) it will reset itself call UPC and they will ask you to plug your laptop to the modem via Ethernet cable and take you through the steps to fix it and then reconnect your Xbox and bam your good to go , this has happened to me countless times :/

need a aeg wrote: »
    I'll put €100 that your with UPC , if you are when your Internet goes down for a while (in your case electricity outage) it will reset itself call UPC and they will ask you to plug your laptop to the modem via Ethernet cable and take you through the steps to fix it and then reconnect your Xbox and bam your good to go , this has happened to me countless times :/

Eircom ;)

I'll send ya my email address ;)

It's so annoying. Will eircom help me set back up if I ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Eircom ;)

I'll send ya my email address ;)

It's so annoying. Will eircom help me set back up if I ring them?

try the firewall settings on your router, i think it has to be on low for xbox live for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    try the firewall settings on your router, i think it has to be on low for xbox live for some reason

Mine is competely switched off, and under port forwarding make sure you have the Xbox Live 360 dropdown selected or you will have trouble joining matches/parties...

Providing its the Motorola router!

Advertisement