Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images of summer

Options
  • 25-06-2012 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭

I noticed recently that a lush mixed meadow had sprung up just here, at the junction of Grattan Road and Dr Colohan Road/The Prom.

A sign has been erected right in the middle, and I wondered whether it was some sort of planning notice. So I tiptoed through the trefoil for a read, not having Superman's vision or a telephoto lens the size of a howitzer. In case you're wondering, the notice says "This wildflower meadow has been planted to attract butterflies and bees. PLEASE DO NOT TRAMPLE." So now I know and you know.

Meadow1.jpg

Meadow2.jpg

This guy's uncle saw ice cream sellers on trikes in Germany and thought it might work here. Seems to be going well, in fine weather anyway. Perhaps he's got a scoop, just in time for the Volvo Ocean Race finale. And Perks of course.

Scoop.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    I noticed recently that a lush mixed meadow had sprung up, at the junction of Grattan Road and Dr Colohan Road/The Prom.

yeah, the local branch of the Conservation Volunteers planted wildflower seeds there and in the park up from Zone cafe back in April. but they planted them in specific spots and didn't scatter them around the whole area so not sure how much of the wildflowers that you're seeing are from their planting and how much of it is natural. anyhow fair play to them for their community efforts.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Advertisement