Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vrt question

• 25-06-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi

i have a car which the paperwork states was first registered (in the uk) in 1996 and beside it has decl/d manuf 1976 (presumably manufactured in 1976 which makes sense as it is a 1970s car..)

but my question is would i have to pay 200 to vrt this car or pay more due to the first date of registration being 1996?? the car presumably was never on the public road up until 1996?.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

Could have been an import into the UK on 96.

If its a 70s car its €200 (Unless its Actuallt on a P plate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

Could have been an import into the UK on 96.

If its a 70s car its €200 (Unless its Actuallt on a P plate :)

The last letter on the plate is p so am I screwed? Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

granadamad wrote: »

p - 74/75 . you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭granadamad

corktina wrote: »
    granadamad wrote: »

p - 74/75 . you'll be fine.

Ok thanks just on another note.. When I stuck the reg into motorcheck or cartell(one of them) it comes up as a 96..

Anyway thanks for replys I will see how I get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Jammy Donut

P reg at the start would be 96 :)

Kinda car is it anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

You use this site to give both the manufacture date and the date of first registration in the UK.

https://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/app/enquiry?execution=e1s1

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I raise this query with the customs recently, and was told that its the year of manufacture that they go by.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

mattroche wrote: »
    I raise this query with the customs recently, and was told that its the year of manufacture that they go by.

If that's the case, (from my memory), then if the day/month isn't known, they default it to the 1st Jan of the year in question.

Advertisement