Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions to Boora

• 25-06-2012 11:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

I am looking for directions to Boora from Birr and approx. distance in miles.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Two ways to go.
    1. Out of birr past Lidl. Out the road take the first turn left for Athlone/Cloghan. When you get to Cloghan turn right, and out the bog road for about 10 miles until you see the range out to your right. The entrance ia another 600 - 900 yards after that. Marked with Flag pole, and sign.
    2. Second way is to leave Birr past LIDL again. Keep on going past the Athlone turn off and continue onto Kilcormac. Go through Kilcormac, and onto Blueball. Before Tom Dolan's petrol station, at the crossroads (blueball pub) turn left. Down the road for 800 yards, and the road turns sharply to the left. continue on out for about 4 miles. Range is on your right.

1 is shorter (17 miles or so), but poorer roads, and 2 is longer (about 23 miles), but you won't feel like your fillings are falling out.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Excellent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Excellent
    You say that now. Wait till you see the cloghan to Boora road.:D

On that note. I made a slight mistake. When i said;
    ..........When you get to Cloghan turn right, and out the bog road for about 10 miles until you see the range out to your right...........
    What it should read is;

When you get to Cloghan you are at a T-Junction. Turn right, and 150 yards or so is a mini roundabout. Take a 90 degree right (third exit i think), and head out the bog road for about 10 miles and the range is on your left.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭minktrapper

Very good

Advertisement