Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin City thugs 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Your link makes baby Jesus cry :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Violent drunken idiots should be compared to animals. I've never witnessed an animal acting in that manner :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Humans are animals, good behaviour or bad. How about going with scum instead of animal?

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

These problems could be easily solved if you allowed more police brutality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Violent drunken idiots should be compared to animals. I've never witnessed an animal acting in that manner :eek:

What if it was drunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Just like America?

Oh, wait.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Just like America?

Oh, wait.

In all fairness that baton was used to its intended effect, and it was provoked (as the little scummer started it).

From initial impressions (and it being Dublin...what a lovely city sh!thole), they strike me as being travellers!? (Just their cavalier 'above the law' attitude or "ha-hih-tooode". And probably that I didn't hear a tick Dublin accent from them...I think).

I love the shouts from yer one at the end, "Yor dead...I'll member yer fayce!".

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

chin_grin wrote: »
    In all fairness that baton was used to its intended effect, and it was provoked (as the little scummer started it).

From initial impressions (and it being Dublin...what a lovely city sh!thole), they strike me as being travellers!? (Just their cavalier 'above the law' attitude or "ha-hih-tooode". And probably that I didn't hear a tick Dublin accent from them...I think).

I love the shouts from yer one at the end, "Yor dead...I'll member yer fayce!".

They don't sound like travellers in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Use the bastards as human guinea pigs to test drugs on.
    Scum doesn't learn.

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Just like America?

Oh, wait.

I advocate paramilitary units who brings terror to known gangsters etc. If they threw the kid into the Liffey and let him drown, society would benefit.

• Advertisement

jimmurt wrote: »
    They don't sound like travellers in fairness.

My ears are becoming more anglicised then! Noooooooo! <sips tea>

Noooooooooooo!

<adjusts monocle>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

seriously, whats dublin coming to.... absolute animals. time to build that super prison and lock up these thugs

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=514_1340587444

Oh yeah, build that super prison near yor gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubnobass

Pond life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭man.about.town

your man who attacked the copper got ko'd. good enough for him. your right, describing them as animals is not accurate, animals dont behave like that. we'll go with scum so!! i work in the city centre and my bus leaves me at parnell street and from there i walk down Marlborough street, my god its like the walking dead there junkies everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Nice one Garda, the skangbag deserved it. Why is there always some horror of a woman screaming abuse during any altercation in Dublin?

your man who attacked the copper got ko'd. good enough for him. your right, describing them as animals is not accurate, animals dont behave like that. we'll go with scum so!! i work in the city centre and my bus leaves me at parnell street and from there i walk down Marlborough street, my god its like the walking dead there junkies everywhere

Used to work there too, your right it's like dawn of the dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Used to work there too, your right it's like dawn of the dead.
    The amount of junkies dealing in daylight is astonishing. I don't ever remember it being any worse than it is now.
    Every day I see them handing stuff over to each other in front of hundreds of people. As long as they don't see a garda they don't care.
    That lane into temple bar can be a of hangout area for them.
    It's only a matter of time before someone unlucky person gets a needle in the neck there I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

chin_grin wrote: »

Nope, they were definitely Dublin knackers of the settled variety.

They don't look or sound like knackers to me. I don't think a cream cracker would punch a woman tbh.

It's just your everyday, garden variety scumbag.

• Advertisement

The amount of junkies dealing in daylight is astonishing. I don't ever remember it being any worse than it is now.
    Every day I see them handing stuff over to each other in front of hundreds of people. As long as they don't see a garda they don't care.
    That lane into temple bar can be a of hangout area for them.
    It's only a matter of time before someone unlucky person gets a needle in the neck there I'd say.

i asked a garda about all the dealing, he said that there dealing prescription medication so the courts was not a deterrent. i suppose when they see a bright yellow jacket coming they can stop, the gardai should go back to wearing the dark jacket or just the vest, looked better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

They should have belted the blonde skanger too, a good whack around the back of the legs would have shut the stupid bítch up.

Hopefully the scumbag that got knocked out by the female garda will be so embarassed that a woman got the better of him that he'll take his own life. The world would be a safer place and he's be no loss to society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I don't think a cream cracker would punch a woman tbh.

My neighbours say/act different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I am starting to hate town. Its a fu*king kip.
    Being younger I didnt think it was. Maybe its changed for the worse, maybe being younger I didnt realise. Probably both really.

Parnell street: As mentioned above. Junkie central. What can we expect tho. On one side of Parnell St there is Dominick street flats. Other side is beside Summerhill.

Moore street: An absolute kip! But thats certainly always been one. People selling rotten veg, shady african and chinese shops. A dive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Some cheek attacking a cop! Mental!

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I don't think a cream cracker would punch a woman tbh.

Not one that didn't belong to him, anyway.

Source: Friend takes care of beaten (some say abused) female cream crackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Nice reminder of why I avoid Dublin City Centre late at night. Total shytehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Looked to me like the security guard/bouncer in the black shirt knocked out the ginger gouger and not the female Garda with the ASP.

Sound's like mainly country accents too so not sure if this is actually Dublin,though it could've been after a GAA match at Croker or something I suppose.

Looked to me like the security guard/bouncer in the black shirt knocked out the ginger gouger and not the female Garda with the ASP.

Sound's like mainly country accents too so not sure if this is actually Dublin,though it could've been after a GAA match at Croker or something I suppose.

as a dub, trust me thats a horrible dublin inner city accent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Seen something a while ago on private police forces used in certain parts of England for patrols and such. From what I gathered it was much more effective and efficient.

Makes sense really, if the private police force doesnt do its job it loses the contract to a rival company. If the regular force doesnt do its job then its just a litany of excuses and book passing and the whole sorry affair just carries on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

dont mess with the pushbike cops damn they messed him up.
    He deserved it and thank god there a video or he would have gotten off and the guard would have lost her job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Worked on Sean McDermott street for 9 years and never heard a Dublin accent like that before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

CJC999 wrote: »
    They should have belted the blonde skanger too, a good whack around the back of the legs would have shut the stupid bítch up.

Hopefully the scumbag that got knocked out by the female garda will be so embarassed that a woman got the better of him that he'll take his own life. The world would be a safer place and he's be no loss to society.

Could have been the bouncer that knocked him out cold. Inconclusive though.

Certainly is. Our city is plagued with them. It has definitely gotten worse in the last 4 years. Even in the daytime it's full of them.

Last time I was in town, I had just gotten off the bus, walked as far as the spike and was just inches from getting kicked in the back by some teen scummer. He swung a kick and hit my coat. My immediate reaction was to turn fast with my fists ready to go but then I saw he was tiny, and about 13 years old. So I bit my tongue and looked around, The ma's where there talking in their guttural accent, and this kid just started to swing a kick at someone else. I just turned and walked on.

The kid must be on something, I am tall and built like a brick wall, not many runts would just randomly start attacking me!

This was at 3 pm on a weekday. The horrible part was, I was with my wife and as we walked on I started to mutter something about town being full of skang and junkies when the people in front of me on O'connel street suddenly stopped, turned around and low and behold, junkies! They had seen another junkie and they started "Here! are ya lookin?" then proceeded to deal drugs outside the Bank of Ireland. This city is a shambles. I actually see more skang than normal people around town these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Love the smell of Social Darwinism in the morning!!

Gardaí rarely get the respect they deserve and they have to put up with this shit all the time.

I bet some lefties on here will invoke the "police brutality" card pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I am starting to hate town. Its a fu*king kip.
    Being younger I didnt think it was. Maybe its changed for the worse, maybe being younger I didnt realise. Probably both really.

Parnell street: As mentioned above. Junkie central. What can we expect tho. On one side of Parnell St there is Dominick street flats. Other side is beside Summerhill.

Moore street: An absolute kip! But thats certainly always been one. People selling rotten veg, shady african and chinese shops. A dive.

the veg sold on moore street is a lot fresher than the stuff you would get in donnybrook fair, to pick an example entirely at random

Pedant wrote: »
    Love the smell of Social Darwinism in the morning!!

Gardaí rarely get the respect they deserve and they have to put up with this shit all the time.

I bet some lefties on here will be evoking the "police brutality" card pretty soon.

In fairness the Gardai and the Justice system are the ones who let it get out of hand in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

In fairness the Gardai and the Justice system are the ones who let it get out of hand in the first place.

More so the inadequate justice system and lack of funding. There's insufficient Garda to patrol the city centre. The punishments given to long time drug users are in essence negligible as there isn't space in prison often to lock them up. That's if you can even get them to trial in the first place as they likely wont show up for their case. There's little to no deterrent to junkies other than having to spend a few hours in a station then they're back out on the streets. The Garda know this and it's demoralizing seeing their actions have little to no impact. Problem is being in recession we don't have the funding to increase Garda workforce or increase jail capacities.

To those questioning the accent it's definitely a Dublin accent. One that I'll assume has been subject to years of alcohol, cigarettes and possibly drug use leading to it's horrible pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Pure scum in that video clip. Knackers of a fairly high order anyway! I heard one or two non-Dublin accents also, but the most noticeable one was that blonde who kept shouting, I've heard death screams in films sound much nicer. The nerve on her also, calling the guard a scumbag while trying to hit him...

...lol :pac:

Anyone who engages in behaviour like this should be permanently sterilised and have the shit kicked out of them for good measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭beherenow

Lads, less Gardai will mean more scumbags. Quite simple.

Everyone here loves the old: what are the Gardai doing?

They are stretched to the maximum.

Wanna change it? Stop cutting pay, stop the recruitment moratorium, remove the soft policing role and let them go in hard on those who deserve it.

Dept of Justice and Minister Shatter have an awful lot to answer for, as do most government depts..

PS: I bit of support to your local coppers would also help..

• Advertisement

There were 2 Gardaí versus more than 10 drunkards who wanted nothing but trouble. How did you expect the situation to pan out before backup could arrive? Do you think that everyone would just sit down and have a nice little picnic? You cannot rationalise with drunkards high on testosterone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

the veg sold on moore street is a lot fresher than the stuff you would get in donnybrook fair, to pick an example entirely at random

At the risk of going off-topic,
    I've never been to Donnybrook fair so I cant say which is fresher :P

But you got to be careful with Moore street. I remember being told many years ago that there was a 'classic trick' they did there.
    That's If you werent looking/paying attention or didnt specifically request which pieces of fruit you wanted. They would bag up the old fruit from the back and give it to you.

At the risk of going off-topic,
    I've never been to Donnybrook fair so I cant say which is fresher :P

But you got to be careful with Moore street. I remember being told many years ago that there was a 'classic trick' they did there.
    That's If you werent looking/paying attention or didnt specifically request which pieces of fruit you wanted. They would bag up the old fruit from the back and give it to you.

Moore street, Henry street and all the way down to Jervis is a bastion for pick-pockets. You probably get hundreds of naive tourist getting pick-pocketed on Moore street every year who think it's like some tradition market. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some pick-pocketing cartel in place there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I bet some lefties on here will invoke the "police brutality" card pretty soon.

I am stunned and amazed they have not yet appeared but don't worry , they will.

There were 2 Gardaí versus more than 10 drunkards who wanted nothing but trouble. How did you expect the situation to pan out before backup could arrive? Do you think that everyone would just sit down and have a nice little picnic? You cannot rationalise with drunkards high on testosterone.

No No you missed my point. The justice system should not be letting people walk around with suspended sentences when they already have several convictions for violence. Their lack of action over the years has caused things to get this bad. Where these kind of scenes are all too common. Thats why I blame them, and the lack of moral in the Gardai (as someone mentioned already) Is a direct result of them fighting a losing battle.

How can Alan Shatter sleep at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

To quote Alan Partridge
    "Scum, sub-human scum!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

CJC999 wrote: »

you are dead right CJC999, end of.

If that had been any other country in europe, and you decided to interfere with an arrest, one of your scumbag mates would be picking up your teeth up from the ground, because you would be in a well deserved coma, and that's the way it should be. I know this, I have seen French and German police deal with this, many times in the last 20 yrs.

That female officer deserves a medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭risenbass

Anyone who engages in behaviour like this should be permanently sterilised and have the shit kicked out of them for good measure.

Weekly!

I have been to Ukraine a number of times and this kind of thing is met with significant force there. Being outside the EU they don't have to pander to the lefties.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The death of the journalist Eugene Moloney over the weekend has brought this problem back into the spotlight. A 55 year old man killed by drunken lowlifes as he walked home from a night out. Senseless.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement